Who's more influential in regards to music?

Who's more influential in regards to music?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=A5bdb-sKRcE
youtube.com/watch?v=Q8k3qB61lhk
youtube.com/watch?v=QVaafph6HSQ
youtube.com/watch?v=c4bE2Oj0xYM
youtube.com/watch?v=cU8HrO7XuiE
youtube.com/watch?v=RWyVhIBmdGw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

One invented rock

more influential? definitely USA, but, not necessarily better.

The US is more influential, though the UK had better music

Usa no question, but english music has better quality ratio

They sort of bounce off each other. US with jazz, then UK with rock etc etc.

neither. anglos suck at music.

US invented rock too though.

The one that made this song

youtube.com/watch?v=A5bdb-sKRcE

British music is pretty dead, the peak was british rock.
In 2017 the best they have is a fat lady singing boring soul music and britsh niggers yelling called grime, and if you call it rap, they get mad at you and americans dont much care for grime no matter how hard the marketers try to make it cross over.

Well they keep saying rock is dead, but america still has like mgmt, vampier weekend, animal collective, and in folk we got the milk hotel, john misty, bright eyes, and folk punk like andrew jackson jihad and johnny hobo, and american rap and pop are being forced as all encompassing and america took over electronic music with EDM, and even made weird shit like witch house and vaporwave.

All in all america is still out there doing it, while the brits have adele direction or some shit

Africa
Germany
Jamaica
UK
USA

America because Blacks invented and influence a lot of modern music

Also hip-hop is the new rock

One created it the other refined it

>Also hip-hop is the new rock

no edm is

Hip hop is the new pretentious middle class art fag and sad boy genre

So was rock back then

Its pretty cyclical to me. And only to rock
apparently, every other genre including jazz, hip hop, blues, soul, r&b have been unfairly dominated by the US.

that doesnt even make sense, rap faggots dont even know their current place, they come in all "WE DA NEW ROCKSTARS DURRR", while everyone who wants to party and have sex and do drugs is at and EDM festival. And rap is only big upped by pretentious yuppie hipster p4k writers

>pop music
>influential

All these poptimist plebs fighting over which type of pop shit is less shit ITT

cherry picking: the post

honestly, i feel like the brits just lost any creativity as a people.

they used to be the masters of rock and electronic music.

look at the bleep general, everyone pretends to be british.

But all the electronic shit, mainstream and underground are coming from america now.

US is more influential on UK music
UK is more influential on US music

UK is more influential for good music

Well, your not wrong

rock

youtube.com/watch?v=Q8k3qB61lhk

folk
youtube.com/watch?v=QVaafph6HSQ

rap
youtube.com/watch?v=c4bE2Oj0xYM

electronic

youtube.com/watch?v=cU8HrO7XuiE

America is still owning all the genres while the only brit doing anything is some fat middle aged fatty making boring soul music

metal
youtube.com/watch?v=RWyVhIBmdGw

america still owns metal too

Banger

Nowadays only Polish music is alive for me, Instant Classic shits out masterpieces one after another, and now they announced a Zimpel/ZioĊ‚ek collaboration

One interesting thing about the US is that they seem to shine in solo acts (Bob Dylan, Elvis, Stevie Wonder, maybe Lou Reed since his career only really took off when he went solo) while the British are much more group centric (Beatles, Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin)

There are exceptions of course but this seems to be a general trend

Nah when it comes to electronic shit most of the quality shit is coming from the UK. Joy O, Ivy Lab, the critical label. US just has bleep bloop bullshit fuck that

In all honesty, they both complement each other quite well. I don't think music from the UK would be the way it is without the US, and vice versa.

But since I'm half British.. the US fucking sucks, go kill yourselves etc. etc.

this

fucking true
the polish scene is one of the most important right now

The UK has never been influential musically, I'd argue France and Germany have historically made much bigger contributions to the medium.

American artists were perfectly fine without the slighest influence of the UK
But what on earth would have UK done without american music?

Wrong.

Bingo

As being a full American (even with some native blood in me) I can tell you to shut the fuck up you British cunt we have both kicked your ass and saved your ass before don't make us 9/11 Big Ben

rock music in america was on the verge of death till 4 lads from liverpool appeared

cancerous taste