ITT

Albums you played around your normie friends and they surprisingly liked it

>Implying

nothing about that album is weird. heck you're a normie yourself if you think its weird
jfc this board has gone down the tube

Surprisingly my parents really liked this when I put it on in the car.

Literally everyone is a normie except me.
Unironically.

Because It's a normie album you retard

it is album for normies, holly fucking shit it is called generic pop music for a reason you piece cancer you fucking flaming faggot asshole

One time I did a speech on Beefheart for a public speaking class and I played like the first 10 minutes of Frownland, people actually reacted positively and my teacher said it made him think of Tom Waits

It's not weird but we both know the vocals aren't the most accessible thing ever, especially for normies

>but we both know the vocals aren't the most accessible thing ever, especially for normies
im sure they heard worst on american idol.

Everyone i showed it to loved it. I really doubt that there's an album out there that's less accessible.

you are the normie

>I did a speech on Beefheart
cringe

>I really doubt that there's an album out there that's less accessible.
Is this post-avant baiting?

esquivel, space age bachelor pad music

its not even a common genre, but everyone ive played it to has an easy time listening to it.

You made them listen to Frownland 6 times?

>indie rock
>not accessible
wew lad

Sorry lads, I meant "more accessible"

My friend despises that album.

His brother uses Sup Forums hard and tried to push it on him so much that he's basically given up on ever giving it a fair listen

This album is literally arca trying to bait normies, familia.

10 seconds not minutes, my bad hah
You think that's bad here's a shirt that I wear regularly

W2C

I just basically googled beefheart shirts or something, I'd think that this one is still for sale and easy to get

>implying DG isn't normie music at this point

>but we both know the vocals aren't the most accessible thing ever,
You'd have a leg to stand on if you were talking about Robert Wyatt, Captain Beefheart or Tom Waits.

i played safer in the forest by la dispute and a few liked it

my mom cries with the trumpet solo in itaots

patrician mom

holy shit. cancer b8

Played it while I was driving around with my foreman in our work van. Also got him into Leprous and Devin Townsend.

A good friend of mine came to my home while I was listening to pic related and surprisingly he liked it a lot, We didn't finish the albums but he liked Why dont you eat carrots and Meadow Meal

I can appreciate the album for their unwillingness to compromise and go to such lengths to achieve their sound, but ultimately, I was disappointed by every studio album of theirs. If you haven't listened to 71 minutes of Faust, which is a compilation album by the way, then, by all means - do it. It's their best album and every songs flows perfectly into the other, even though it contains material they didn't even want to release.

>it's a autists argue over the meaning of 'experimental' thread

Every song*

>at this point
It always was and this board has consistently become shittier and shittier ever since Exmilitary first got popular

I literally sent a tumblr slam poetry lover "Pena" by captain beefheart and they really liked it

I'll try it out, I discovered them last year but haven't listened all of their stuff, my favorite so far is Faust IV, but IMO their first 4 albums are amazing