How many 9 volt batteries would it take to start a car?

How many 9 volt batteries would it take to start a car?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I0utNemFsl8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Is your battery dead?

How many what?

why 9V, a car needs 12V....

more like 15v

If so just smack the starter and hope it will start using that and leave your car on, If doesn't work you are fucked unless you know someone with jumper cables

Probably 1, electroboom used like 2 double a's and a 9 volt is like 6 quadruple a's.

12.7 is what the 12 nominal is for. the charging circuit may run mid 13's to mid 14's though, but that doesn't mean that your 12volt electronics take 15 volts to run.
But you can't just stick your little battery into your car's circuit and expect it to output the amperage required to even engage the starter.

How many sets of two 9v batteries paired to make 18v would it take to start a car? I'm asking for russia

I would guess about twenty pounds, connected in series to give 18 volts. Connect them to your car battery, not the starter just to be careful.

series two nine volt batteries to get 18v, parrallel this batteries with other 18v series combos about 10 times, that should do it.

I believe you can run 9V batteries in a chain to up the volts but don't cite me on that.

The challenge is probably the amount of amps you need to crank the engine since two 9V aren't gonna get you moving.

remember voltage in series is additive, voltage in parrallel is equal, current increases in parrallel. So use that logicc.

It may require 12v but it's the Amps thats moving the electric starter (amps are inducing magnetic field which moves the rotor inside)

You're gonna need around 200ish amps briefly, for turning a 2 liter engine.

2 Batteries in paralel, then you'll get 18v just hope the starter can take it.

After that, see how much amp you get from a 9v. Divide 200 with that, and put the rest of them in series connection.

>Lel user 200 amps from a car battery, it's only 12v lel kys faggot

Car batteries are made for delivering high amps for a short time. Unlike a boat battery, which is giving a steady amps / current flow.

Me again. A quick Google and some basic math came to this.

9V batteries can push 500 milliamps and your car battery can push out 300 milliamps or more depending on your car.
So the bare minimum would have to be 600 of those fuckers.

AutoZone gives free battery charges. I once walked my Mercedes' battery 4 miles to get a charge and it worked out successfully. Plus, if your car is a manual you can push start it, which will get the alternator going, thus recharging your battery. Also, the idea with jumper cables where you leave one of the black ones off is bullshit. You won't have a current if you don't complete the circuit. And OP, to answer your question it would take ~300 9v batteries to start your car. This contains more energy than is required but because it has a different voltage (many cars have 12v, 15v or 18v) it won't comply correctly with your starter. This can also blow your starter, which is a pain in the ass.

one 9v battery gives only about 1.5 - 2 ampers

starter needs at least 150 - 200 ampers to crank and start the engine.

so it takes at least 100 of those two battery combos (=200 batteries)

Sorry! Car batteries can push out 300 AMPS. Not 300 Milliamps.

A starter could easily take a one time 18volt power source.
I'd be much more concerned about the ECU taking 18volts for that short time.

Also you're misunderstanding the voltage amperage relationship.

200amps at 9volts is 100amps at 18volts.

There has got to be an easier way.

Bump start it if manual
Literally stealing a battery starting your car and returning it will be more productive than starting your ar with 9volt batteries.

Holy cow, you got a 100 in phisic, right?

youtube.com/watch?v=I0utNemFsl8

Its not volts or amps, its more about power. W=IV.

Sure does, and how do we get watts?
It's almost like you need to use volts and amps to get watts. And since we're talking about a 12 volt system it's almost like the amps are the variable.

That's like saying we gotta fill up this bucket! What we need is gallons per minute!! Who cares what the pipe diameter or water pressure is!

25 - 40 thousand

Just call out whatever your local auto club is man. In ausfalia its like 80 bucks to join the motor service for a year with free jump starts etc...

thats the same wattage yes but going small scale, .1amps is enough to stop a heart at 9v, but .05mamps at 18v won't kill you even though they share the same wattage.

cant do it. 9v can't run that many amps in series.

car battery is 12v, 40 Ah, i.e. 480W
480 / 9v = 53 + 1/3 Ah
9v batteries have .45 Ah
53.333... / .45 = 118.518 9v batteries
assuming 9v would actually be enough force to crank the engine since it's a 3v loss from 12v

Correction .1 amps at 50V will kill you, while .05 amps at 100V won't.

I agree but its still beneficial to go at the problem from a power standpoint then move toward what voltages and currents you can supply. Don't limit yourself to only dealing with current or voltage when power is what your really dealing with.

You really shouldn't put the wrong voltage on your car - asuming it is somewhat new. If it's older than 30 years you could try with two 9 Volt blocks to get 18 Volts because technically you don't need "a lot" of power to start your car, so one charge COULD be enought to achieve that, but you risk frying all your electronics behind the battery. If it's a soviet era car that might not be a problem because they didn't have fancy electronics in their cars back then.

9v will turn a starter, electric motors don't care about voltage as long as its not too crazy low/high. they care about phase and amps.

but youll never start a car with 9v.
and you are wrong about the car battery output. lead acid batteries can dump hundreds of amps at a time for short periods. 9v cannot.
you put a hundred or more amps though a 9v and your going to short it out real fuckin quick.
it just will not work, unless you wire each 9v though a diode into a wiring harness that keeps the batteries in series (not worth the money/time).

Not how it works.
>480W
480Wh

Meaning the battery will last 480 hours if you draw 1 Watt from it.

Let's assume the starter needs 1.5kW to start your car. Let's say a 9V block can source 500mA of current. Now we need to pair the batteries up. Each pair has a potential difference of 18 Volts. The impedance of the batteries is too low to drop the current. 18V*500mA = 9W. You'd need 334 batteries, consisting of 167 pairs. Connected in parallel, obviously.

But why 9V batteries?

>I once walked my Mercedes' battery

This one is enough, but it should be fresh. Then you can start numerous times. The difference between the 12 V and 9 V doesn't matter, it takes some more instead from the battery.

ded inside. laff 2 hard. snd elp.