youtube.com/watch?v=KKPDzEus88s
youtube.com/watch?v=GREtL2FD78A
youtube.com/watch?v=p_m-fiLJnwo
youtube.com/watch?v=IW_y31bRW3M
youtube.com/watch?v=yJDAgMVzNto
youtube.com/watch?v=tUVr2xnGIEo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

stoner metal is good

Women have as much capacity to enjoy and appreciate metal and any kind of music as much as men. If you disagree with this you either have mommy issues, you loathe women because you can't get laid, or you bought into the shit /r9k/ and Sup Forums told you.

post underratedz

pretty good

could be more legitimate t b h

>3rd generation Voivod ripoff
>underrated
The mere fact that it's being mentioned right now is overrating it

new when

F A T
T I T T I E S

thicc

Really makes you think

It doesn't sound anything like Voivod, in fact the music itself is quite unique
you shouldn't judge an album solely on its album cover

I'm a nu-male and I'm tired of everyone pretending it matters or that I'm less worth as a person because of it. You can all meme yourselves out of existence, doesn't change the fact that we're pretty much where humanity is headed. Yeah I might be a cucked BLACKED pegged manlet piece of shit, but soon enough everyone will be. And those disgusting, fat, triggered tumblr SJW "females" with a title in imaginary taxonomy are also the future.

It's awful and I hate it, but it's inevitable. I'm a nu-male, that's right. I listen to feelsy post-avant-atmoblackgaze and like putting things up my arse and whatever. As I said, soon enough we all will be.

Except the lucky ones who can muster enough courage to end their lives, but of course, being a nu-male, I will never know courage in my entire, possibly obscenely long life.

Pic related, it's my favourite album of all times. It gives me *mmmuh feels*

i don't even hate women but i think that metal legitimately appeals to very few of them, at least extreme metal.

Laura Bravo is an exception of course, since she was very much into the early grind scene and Nuclear Death is the earliest example of deathgrind.

>cigs
would not listen to

>but i think that metal legitimately appeals to very few of them, at least extreme metal.

You don't think this is biological, do you?

but the album is pretty much saying how disgusting it is

It is

Please don't meme my waifu Anneke

If men like metal because of our primitive OOGA BOOGA WUGA ancestors then i have difficulty believing that, as metal would be more popular than it is.

She already memed herself when she left the band and released two absolutely dismal albums (I don't know whether she released more, because it doesn't matter in the slightest)

if anything, metal's attitude runs contrary to norms.

There are dozens (if not more) studies that show that males have a stronger predisposition for the appreciation of music in general than women. Extreme metal moreso.

I listened. Other than the blast beats I'm a fan

>Collaborated with Devy and Ayreon
>not a meme

Pick one

Post links

They tend to be a bit more restrained with the blast beats than most I find. I like how the titled track reserves them purely for the last couple of moments for the intense climax.

i'd imagine women prefer music that's less rhythmic/structured. that's why they gravitate toward singer/songwriters who are playing a guitar or piano alone. tori amos, tom waits, various jazz singers...

looking them up
>women prefer music that's less rhythmic
What? Music is basically a means to shake their asses to them.

Daily reminder that Alien Fucker made a black metal EP that's legitimately really good.
alienfucker.bandcamp.com/album/we-sacrifice-aliens-to-lucifer

i wouldn't even disagree with that, but i think that's more because of the inherent mediocrity of mass culture and women by and large, fall for that easier than men, rather than, say, the inherent artlessness/tastelessness of women (which is absurd and such a view can only be actually bought with /r9k/-tier delusions). I'd agree that women as a whole are more conformist.

yeah, but why are they shaking their asses? to attract dudes. i doubt most women do that because they really think it's cool.

While I agree, that was besides the point

Anyone know any good albums like Koi No Yokan? I don't think I like the rest of Deftones because I didn't enjoy White Pony.

That's because it's more reasonable to believe that some personal attribute like music taste is more influenced by nurture rather than nature. Metal music is man-dominated, because historically men created it, and because it dealt with subject matter that -culturally- appeals to men.

Culture is not immutable.

I don't disagree that men are more inclined to like metal in today's culture, but there's no reason to believe that this is biological or intrinsic.

ehhhh i don't consider that album metal. maybe you want mastodon's more >progressive albums, like crack the skye.

is there any good weeb metal that sounds cute?

>what is Kawaii Metal

not even meal anymore

fuck off.

Notice that i said "good"

Kawaii metal is a thing, but maybe instead of wasting your time on j-pop, you could start listening to first and second wave Visual-kei

Here's a good one. It explains that males have a more pronounced *inherited* (that is to say genetic) inclination towards music, while women have a more pronounced *social* inclination towards music (that is to say, music is another tool for social bonding rather than something to be enjoyed in and of itself). It does explain that both have the same
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4073543/

Jig-Ai

oh i gotchu then senpai
youtube.com/watch?v=KKPDzEus88s

Fuck off

girugamesh

>Deftones are not metal
Metallum pls go

Post wiffs

Nice to see her mentioned, she's a friend of mine.
Very nice lady.

>because historically men created it
Yeah, but why? Because men had a stronger genetic predisposition to create it.

Guys you need to remember that nurture comes from nature and nature will always be stronger than nurture. This is not a debate. Psychology is just misinterpreted neurobiology.

Well that's much better than Blacklodge

defend your case.

delet

Well, they aren't, user

Why do most women I know have a black and white picture of some hot singer as their phone wallpaper?

we should drop this subject right here

they don't listen to the music.

because it's a popular thing to do and because they probably want to get banged by the singer

watchu listening to desu lads

What? Same reason your local friendly mechanic has a calendar with naked chicks in it that he doesn't even know the names of

youtube.com/watch?v=GREtL2FD78A

They are alternative metal
No less metal than Helmet and Faith No More

>*grunt* HEEEY

give this a listen m8
>I'm listening to their later album

Actually a glamvestite but trying new things

>alternative metal
That doesn't exist
>No less metal than Helmet and Faith No More
Wrong. At least you can trace those bands linealogy into metal.

Please stop trying to get us to consider a band to be metal as if that's some coveted medal of distinction. The band's good, at least up to their s/t. But they're not metal.

felt like I had to

why do all the best death metal albums have 8 songs?

It's okay so far. Some great riffs here and there but mostly filler garbage

helmet uses plenty of palm muting. deftones likes to use big open chords. they've done some songs and maybe albums i'd consider metal, or some sub-genre or hybrid genre, but...

YOU BETTER STAND UP AND FIGHT
DIRR DIRR DIRR DIRR
YOU BETTER STAND UP AND FIGHT

it's pretty rare to see glamposters or blackies trying out new stuff, you're good

This is good but Lugburz is the superior album
youtube.com/watch?v=p_m-fiLJnwo

who /ROTN/ here?

youtube.com/watch?v=IW_y31bRW3M

A lot of the best black metal records also have 8 songs. At about 5 min. per song that makes a ~40min. long album, which is pretty ideal. It's just the most comfortable package, really. 8 songs is enough without being too much, and 40 minutes is a whole experience and doesn't get tiresome.

>blackies trying out new stuff
Look, we can meme them all we like, but people who listen to bm are usually the ones with the most diverse taste overall

no that's doomfags

Not really, no

i am the orignal glam poster but i've been trying to get into black metal and just find stuff that wasn't from 198X

Not metal

What have you been liking so far, if anything?

So is doom actually good or am I just too stoned to know the difference anymore?

VROOM :-DDDDDDD

summoning and bathory
any others that aren't too black metal?

a majority of my library is black metal but I still like trying out new stuff desu

i'm more of a K9 guy myself
youtube.com/watch?v=yJDAgMVzNto

How do you mean? Less blastbeats and more atmosphere or what?

Spurdonitum is breddy gud

diS is great, Hatred For Mankind is the greatest metal album of the decade

not the biggest fan of trad doom or funeral doom though

the video works significantly better if you play Iperyt or Voidhanger on top of it

You should probably know that there are many kinds of doom, and that stoner doom is just one of them (and the most limited in scope, if you ask me. There's only so much you can do as a Sabbath worship band)

vocals that aren't too harsh and with a more reconisable sound not just a fast riff being played sloppery but one that goes somewhere.
I'm sill a glammy

CARPATHIAN FOREST

i don't know the band, but the film who's poster they used as that cover art is one of my favourite horror films.

I AM THE MAZE OF TORMENT AND PAIN
I AM THE DENIAL OF THE DIVINE GRACE
I AM THE CONSTRICTOR OF HAPPINESS AND JOY
I AM THE ANTITHESIS OF THE LIFE YOU ENJOY

TERRORIZE
TRANQUILIZE
I AM THE GROTESQUE PAIN DIVINE
BRUTALIZE
DECHRISTIANIZE
I AM THE TOOL OF ANTI-LIFE

The best black metal song ever made
>prove me wrong