-13 nigger

Idiots saying -13 should kys

3-3x6+2
3-3 = 0 so you eliminate that
6+2=8

so the answer is 8

nigga you dumb

nice trips though

why the fuck would you "eliminate" a number like that? learn the rules you stupid fuck.

He's got trips tho

trips > rules
fucking fag

BEDMAS rules you stupid Americunts. This question needs brackets, the person who made is a fucking retard who is outing other retards.

sorry, -17

Where do the brackets go Sup Forums?

>(3-3) + 6 X 2
>3 - (3+6) X 2
>(3-3) + (6 X 2)
>3 - ((3+6) X 2)

Vote now on your phones!

>3-(3x6+2)

This is true. Also, the question doesn't even make it clear if the minus symbol is implying a negative number or a subtraction.

The nigger who made OP's pic should be forced to vote.

So
>3-(3x6+2)
As in
>3-(3x(6+2)) = 3-(3x8)= 3-24= -21or 21
Or
>3-((3x6)+2) = 3-(18+2)=3-20= -18 or 18

> the question doesn't even make it clear if the minus symbol is implying a negative number or a subtraction

lol, stop

>((3-3) + 6) X 2
>3 - ((3+6) X 2)
>(3-3) + (6 X 2)
>(3 - ((3+6)) X 2

Fixed it for u

Let me reiterate, the question is pretending it already has brackets. It will need to show if the minus symbol is outside or inside the bracket.

"PEMDAS"
"Parentheses, Exponents, Multiplication and Division, and Addition and Subtraction"
so first multiplication
3-(3x6)+2=3-18+2
than addittion and subtraction
3-18+2= -17

You tried, but still failed.

winthropdc.wordpress.com/2016/02/10/answer-only-for-genius-3-3-x-6-2/

Guess where you went wrong in the order of operations.

The question doesn't need brackets at all. Also answer is -17

by your retarded logic the answer is 0, you moron.... and fuck your retarded trips.

Almost, except that the "AS" are interchangeable and operate from left to right. Since the subtraction comes first from left to right, you have to do that first. That's why most schools these days have switched from "PEMDAS" to "GELL" (Grouping, Exponents, Left-to-Right Multiplication/Division, Left-to-Right Addition/Subtraction). I know it's a much more retarded acronym, but it does avoid confusion like the mistake you just made.

>3 - 18 + 2 = -17
>5 - 18 = -17
>5 = 1

The question isn't clear if 18 is negative or not. In his calculations, he did it like this
>3-(18+2)
which would be -17.

If you assumed the number after multiplying is negative, then the answer would be

>3+(-18)+2

which would definitely be -13.

The question isn't clear. There is no definite answer.

>-17

It very evidently does, and you got it wrong. Do you retards even BEDMAS? It is -13. Google it.

Multiplication first, so:

3 - 3 x 6 + 2
becomes
3 - 18 + 2

Then, you go left to right:
3 - 18 = -15
-15 + 2

Then you add the positive to the negative number:
-15 + 2 = -13

Kill yourself you fucking brainlet.

Wow another pedmas vs bedmas thread. Fuck off OP

√-1

Call me retarded but isn't it
3-3 = 0
0 X 6 = 0
0 + 2 = 2 Answer = 2?

-13 kek

Yeah your right. I forgot that the 18 was a minus and added 2 then minus 3. Woops.
That said I still think these people talking about brackets are wasting their time

This is correct

You do the multiplication first retard

What the fuck are you doing

ITT: people pretending to be retarded by saying it's not -13 triggering people smart enough for elementary math but not smart enough not to be triggered by people pretending to be retarded by saying it's not -13

retarded

Bitch, do you even BODMAS?

Showing his lack of logic

Anyone who thinks this question doesn't need brackets is of sheer ignorance.

There is no difference between the two, they're the same concept you moron. Parentheses (P) and Brackets (B) are the same thing. The way to remember it is just taught differently.

Some people do left-to-right, other more educated people use BEDMAS, the question needs to be said properly with brackets or parentheses. There is no actual wrong answer. The only reason why the definite answer is -13 through misunderstanding is because we all agree on the order of operations (unless you don't know BEDMAS).

It is clear. You are all morons. The answer is 2. 3-3 is nothing. Multiply nothing by 6, still nothing, plus 2 equals 2. This is either good bait or you are all fucking wet chinned retards. Either way, kek

>He didn't do high school algebra and never learnt the order of operations

Remember, I like my Big Macs without pickles.

Wtf are you retards talking about.
The answer is obviously -17.
You are all fucking retarded.
This is basic shit, wtf is wrong with you.

Why does it need brackets? Its perfectly solvable without and proved as such

prove it

>Discussion throughout the thread about elementary math rules
>'lol, my answer is right rest are retards, rules don't matter!'

Dumbass bait better

3-3=0x6=0+2 is 2
Simple shit niggers

Do you guys even know the order of operations in mathematics?

Weak bait.

If you could read properly, the question needs brackets to make it simpler to comprehend and to avoid calculation mistakes, not because it cannot be solved. If it had brackets, then everyone would agree on how it was supposed to be solved.

Pic related's purpose is to cause people to comment, and that is achieved by removing the brackets you dumb goyim.

So you agree that the brackets are unnecessary

U are fucking dumb. U always do x/: before +/-, unless the +/- is inside parenthesis.
u people are fucking retarded.

3-20 does not equal -18 you retard

Wolfram Alpha says:

3 - ( 3 x 6 ) + 2

Only worthy post

3-(3*6)+2=-13

Using
1. Parentheses
2. Exponential
3. Multiplication or Divison (left to right)
4. Addition or Subtraction (left to right)

3-3*6+2=x
3-18+2=x
-15+2=x

I need brackets because I'm too stupid to understand 3rd grade math. Cmon man

We have 3 dogs.
Koreans moved in next door, so now we have no dogs. In my fantasies, I have six times the dogs I have now, which is none. Oh well, I went to the pet store and bought two new dogs and Raid for those Korean roaches. How many dogs do I currently have?

Not that hard. The answer is 2.

I'm not trying to hate on complicated maths but is there an actual example of where this would be useful in the world other than passing a maths test?

The post above you.

Because if I had three bigger slaves, then someone took three of them away, then someone said I will times your number of nigger slaves my six, I still have no nigger slaves. But then if someone gives me two more, I have two, so surely the answer is just two.

I meant nigger not bigger

This. Always express a math problem as a word problem if you are confused. If it doesn't make sense, you fell for the Pemdas/Bedmas meme.

I came to the same conclusion.

Its funny how the thread should have ended here but its still going on because of the trolls.
There are better things you could be doing with your time.

>BEDMAS
>A then S
>Addition then Subtraction

it's -17

The order of operations is not set in stone. The order is determined by what you are trying to figure out.

math is for guys who have an orgasm in three seconds and think about their 45 year old aunt that one time they went to her house for dinner and when they cum they shudder and think "oh tickle".

Uhm.. 3-3x6+2 ...

3-3=0
0x6=0
0+2=2
==2 retard

same

In the event of no brackets, I move from left to right. If my boss every gave me this equation for some reason, he better wanna fucking define the order

The order is already defined. You learned this in tge 1st grade.

Jesus, someone felt the need to write a blog post explaining this?

Please tell me this is a troll thread and that nobody is actually this stupid.

I heard in Poland they are so smart, they can even solve this

To solve it, yes; to provide clarity, no. A professional mathematician wouldn't write the question like this. BRACKETS EXIST FOR A REASON, dumb pseudo-intellectual poster.

Yes, retard, a lot of people know the order of operations, but the brackets lessen confusion. It's beneficial for everyone.

>Being this elitist
Kill yourself. You probably forgot BEDMAS, answered wrong and now you're acting superior because you learnt it from a Sup Forums thread.

If you could do logic, you can do the addition first or subtraction first. What matters is if you visualize the brackets and multiple first.

quora.com/What-is-3-3x6 2

Answered by someone with a Masters degree. It's -13 since the world agrees on the order of operations aside from some NEETs working at Burger King.

BIDMAS YOU FUCKWITTS

Ahem... -17.

There is a reason there are no brackets. Because tgere is no order of operations in here, dumbass. The answer is 2

3 - 3 * 6 + 2 = x
3 - 18 + 2 = x
-15 + 2 = x
-13 = x

I learn it from PEMDAS from American education.

Well, im a robotics engineer, you're a neet.

My god this is hysterical. The upper echelons are laughing at everyone.

> (You)
>To solve it, yes; to provide clarity, no. A professional mathematician wouldn't write the question like this. BRACKETS EXIST FOR A REASON, dumb pseudo-intellectual poster.

Hehe so brackets are useless and unnecessary then?
>my car needs leather seats

Why does almost every "math this to prove you're not a retard" thread have bedmas in it?

Good job professor.
The only correct answer in this thread

>Muh brackets x 10

are you fucking stupid?

Knowing pemdas doesn't make you a genius normie

>Idiots saying -13 should kys
waste of trips

I cannot believe there are so many uneducated american retards in this thread. In Europe, we learn order of operations when we're about 10. Fucking idiots

There are some really stupid fags here

first we have to multiplicate, so 3x6=18
then, 3-18=-15
-15+2=-13
you don't have to be the smartest to solve that, i learned it in fucking 4th grade

2/10, made the bait obvious.

4/10, spicy car analogy but still makes it too obvious.

1/10, unintelligible.

Some real weak ass shit. Newfags for sure.