Is this good

is this good

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Xh1TwRilcLo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Not really. Worse than the first, but better creature effects.

Was really dark in movie theatres, I dont know if they fixed it for home release.

watch if you've seen the first.

It has interesting ideas but its shit. The idea of Xenomorphs finally invading Earth and a competent Predator hunting Xenomorphs sounds awesome.

Execution .... not so much.

God no. But if you're still compelled, avoid the trailer. It's literally a condensed version of the entire movie (ending included).

Probably the shittiest thing to ever involve either franchise

Avoid it at all costs

It's way better than the first. I mean, both movies suck, and this one is terrible until the killing starts, but it's one Predator taking out Alien after Alien, which is how it should be. Plus there's no stupid human/Predator alliance. And the main character's woman getting stapled to a wall made me laugh.

DUDE GORE AND BLOOD LMAO

Movies like this are absolute shit and show how gullible audiences are.

AvP included a fucking bullet time Facehugger scene and every Predator vs Alien fight was choreographed like a fucking pro wrestling match and it was still better than this

>Predator vs Alien fight was choreographed like a fucking pro wrestling match
this sounds hysterical

>no

;)

youtube.com/watch?v=Xh1TwRilcLo

It's pretty funny. One of the Predators grabs a Xenomorph by the legs and swings it through multiple pillars.

Predator looked hella fat, but damn, that scene was SO fucking intense in the theater. the predators booming run. amazing

I saw this in the theater when i was ten and thought it was the dopest shit ever

think of this as the superman IV to superman(1978)

or godzilla vs mothra vs king ghidorah to original godzilla

Whoever wins, we lose

better than the first one
not saying much
this would have been a better AvP movie

They didn't fix shit, tried watching it on TV once and you can't see half of the movie

same. made my senpai take me to see this like 3 times in theaters. lookin back its meh. the first predator death is amazing but the rest just sucks. 2 predators dying by the same xenomorph within like 5 minutes, ugh.

Requiem sucks hardcore. i was so angry at that abomination. this.

anybody like Predators? i thought it was ok. trailer fuckin lied though with all those pred reticles on brody. also, who the fuck thought brody would make a believable badass. horrible choice.

idk how 'family' changed to 'senpai'

But he was fast

Yes I love this film very underrated

>not posting the superior AVP game

They should just take vidya AvP2 story and make it a movie trilogy. The same timeline from three points of view. The game was surprisingly good.

How much did the pool set cost them cause they spent way too much fucking time in there. Felt like half the movie was filmed on the pool deck.

I was like 10 as well when I saw this and that was the first time I ever saw the Predator so when he took his mask off I was completely shocked (of course I was too young to watch the Arnie one).

Yeah it's the best AVP game ever with being able to play as a facehugger, small alien and then adult alien. Such a shame the Xbox 360 game version had no life cycle like that.

AvP is the most autistic thing in the world.
I refuse to believe it has any real fans that aren't certifiably retarded.

How could anyone not like this movie? My only critisism is the low lighting otherwise the alien and predators are killing people nonestop until there is that balcony fight out with the PredAlien and Predator.

What's the difference between a Godzilla movie and an AVP movie? How could you not love seeing a PredAlien fight a Predator?

>also back in the day when they didn't use CGI for almost every scene

Nah. It is commonly regarded as one of the worst entries in the entire A/P/AvP/P/T(?) etc etc LGBTQ universe.

Both creatures run around contemporary USA, nuke from orbit, end. In this respect, the plot resembles the sinister "government zombie solution" which is implemented in Return of the Living Dead, The Crazies (remake anyway, I haven't seen original) and even strongly implied in The Andromeda Strain (though that implementation had to be stopped, and was).

The movie "feels" a bit like the 80's blob in that you have a small west-coast-ish town running around and not knowing what's going on until it's too late. AvPR is just a mish-mash of all of the above memes, and everyone was primed to hate it (and deservedly, as an unnecessary entry).

Still thereare a few pieces of lore: per wiki, the smaller western location, and the characters named Dallas and Wolf, the film's background presumably gives vague hints about captain Dallas (Tom Skerritt), original captain of the Nostromo, in the earliest film in this whole business.

Furthremore, AVPR is the only film to give us a look at the "historical" person of Ms. Yutani, previously only known as some opaque business partner.. It occurs as a coda at the end.

As an experiment, they should make an AvP film take place on the Predator homeworld.

Or hell, make a Predator movie take place on their homeworld.

That small glimpse in this trash excited me until I realised we will only see parts of it for five seconds.

Only Predatorfags give even a minor shit about AvP and they're most likely the same autistic manchild group of people that produced capefags and godzillafags.

I'm basically just buttmad that they fused the superior Alien franchise with this bastardization of a dumb sci-fi action flick. Why not just crossover the Predators with something that actually matches, thematicall and qualitatively, like Terminator or Starship Troopers.

>it's a Paul WS Anderson gets to make Lovecraftcore again but he's stuck with a franchise movie

Some of the shit that has come out of Alien franchise since aliens also make people care about minor details.

Like, for example, the theoretical time it takes for a full grown Xeno to pop out of a host, how much DNA a Xeno will receive from it's host and therefore, how many features of the host would be present on the new creature.

Also, it's because the movies may be mindless but the extra content makes it Alien tier. Alien franchise only needs movies to do that though.

>Why not just crossover the Predators with something that actually matches, thematicall and qualitatively, like Terminator or Starship Troopers.
This is the most retarded decision anyone could think of. The Aliens and Predator fighting another is perfectly fine.

XENO AND PRED
FIGHT NIGHT!
HUNTER VS DRAGON
HONOR VS PURITY
FACE OF VAGINA VS HEAD OF PENIS

What did she mean by this?

>SD Perry
How many franchises has thing faggot written books for?
I hated his RE books

>alien in the water
>push fridge in
>electrocute alien

>fridge
so every slim girl is going to get called this?
Bravo Sup Forums

>no discernible curves until she changes stances and shifts weight
>not a fridge

Bravo reddit.

This scene was very spooky when I first saw it

How the fuck predalien has grown with predator claws?

Fun movie trivia, he was saying "fuck you" to the audience watching.

The more relevant question is do you want to hate it or are you willing to give it a chance as a stand alone work in the medium of film?

I am just looking for creative new ways to shitpost about movies

> are you willing to give it a chance as a stand alone work in the medium of film?

Even then, it will still have the same problems. Shitty pacing, over reliance on gore, shit lighting, human characters not worth a damn but has nice fight scenes of two alien species.

You can't ignore 75% of the movie for actual alright to good 15% part of it.

>human characters not worth a damn
Do they have to be? And are they worthless to you because their screentime is used for exploring character relations rather than tactical maneuvers that have a significant impact on the alien invasions?

No, it's because they are not written well.

Both Predator and Alien franchises usually have well written characters, ones that are "human" that we want to see survive as everyone else dies so that we have some drama to it, not douchebags that survive out of pure convenience.

Think of most sci-fi horror movies and their main characters. You most likely want to see them survive while the creature(s) kill off the side/unimportant characters. Why? Because they were written and performed like humans instead of robots. I fucking hated the military mum and NotNewt character.

Yes. The predator rules in it.

>You will never know Frosty's final fate.

The human characters in AvP:R do not behave like robots. That's one count of bullshit already. You don't care about the characters because they don't remind you of the cast of Alien? That's stupid, what the the fuck are you doing.

By acting like robots, I mean it seems there is nothing actually going on with them, it feels like they are following a script.

When you are doing a movie where the main focus is the horror of two beasts duking it out in a city full of people, you want them to seem... human.

Take the guy who delivers pizzas. His relationship with the chick is so fucking bonkers it's not funny. It is one of the most asinine "romances" I have ever seen in a movie. The military mum and NotNewt grind on my gears because they try to do the relationship between Ripley and Newt with deadpan deliveries (Such as the scene that rips off the scene in Aliens where Ripley is wiping the dirt of Newt's face, there isn't even an emotional facial expression other than the stock facial expression everyone has). Don't get me started on the police dude.

The reason I call upon Alien is because this movie makes so many references to the original movie (The NotNewt relationship, Dallas, a reason for why the company is called "Weyland Yutani" To be fair, I liked that part), it's hard to not to draw parallels.

Fuck. Humans dont stand a chance even against a facehugger

Great scene

It's 10 times worse then the first one

I was fucking pissed that little faggot alien net head managed to kill based Celtic

You are either shitposting or you're a 12 year old. And both AvP films come across like they are written by the latter anyway.

Do people still play that online? Might get it

pretty good scene desu

Nahh just stick with them being separated