I'm an amateur game designer who broke up with his girlfriend...

I'm an amateur game designer who broke up with his girlfriend. I broke up with her for getting fat; I'm no longer into her. It's simple. I loved her for who she was, not who she is currently. So, simply, it's not wrong for me to find alternatives.

It wasn't a small gain either, it was a huge gain. After her father died, she put it on rapidly, too. She would often binge on ice-cream or leave for hours--to binge on fast food. In about six months she put on 100 pounds.

I asked her to get out when I confronted her about it. It was when she stepped on the scale, which read 235 pounds. When I was asking her to leave, she pleaded, saying she would lose weight. I replied in kind, "Even if you lose weight, you'll be marred in excess skin. Which I don't find attractive either. Goodbye."

After she left, she told my parents, my sister, my friends. My male friends congratulated me. I was just being a man with a decent testosterone level. My mother and father, however, decided to lecture me on 'Toxic Masculinity'. That was bullshit.

Do you think I'm in the right here? That I'm being wrongfully shamed by a bunch of social justice nuts.

no go back and marry you sexist fat phobe

Fuck that shit. Usually women wait until after they're married to give up on themselves. Yours couldn't even wait that long.

You dodged a very heavy, sweaty bullet OP.

Found the hippopotamus

you had her put on the same clothes again for another pic? she looks too happy for how fat she is in the pic

You are right, you dont have to be with someone if you dont like her.

Your father sounds like a massive beta faggot.

You did the right thing.

Consider it a dodged bullet; at least you weren't married yet.

where you went wrong was being honest.

0/10. Piss poor troll. Or you got shot down by a fat bitch and now you're here desperately seeking validation.

>dodged a very heavy, sweaty bullet
kek

OP, you were in the right. People have needs, and if you were meeting her needs, but she stopped meeting yours, well...

You could have said "I'm just not in love with you anymore" and not gone into specifics.

google image search calls shenanigans on you.

You're shallow, which is fine. Maybe even the norm here. Do I think you're kind of a dick? Yeah. But why should you care? You don't care about others.

If you don't like her you don't like her. End of discussion. You did what you thought was the right thing and it probably was.

OP never said that walrus was her ex.

It's entirely possible to lose weight and look alright You could have given her some time, maybe she wouldn't have been so pissed. Actually, you could have, I dunno, stopped her from gaining all that weight? Being right isn't an all or nothing.

If you left her because she got fat you didn't like her that much to begin with so I'd say your in the right in that you did the best thing for her and gave her a chance to find someone who likes her for who she is and you can find an "attractive" woman to "love". So I'd say you inadvertently did a good thing by being so shallow and an asshole.

Obviously though OP is a callous, self-centered, shallow douchecanoe. So he wasn't meeting her needs, and she filled up her hole with food. She's better off, he's better off. Win/win.

Just being honest here, Fat or not, she is a woman and will recover way better than you will and will hop on the cock carousel for awhile until settling back in with someone else and losing all that weight to spite you.

You will think you're all alpha right now but you'll be the one spending nights alone.

>inb4 "I'm 10/10 and have bitches wanting my dick every 14 seconds like every Sup Forumstard ever"

Not that you are wrong, after all it's not possible to stay with someone you aren't physically attracted to and can't justify staying with based on other factors, but this post smells of anger even tho you Do a decent job of trying to imply you approached it completely unbiasedly. I suspect it's false or b8 but not sure.

If you're willing to put time into yourself to make yourself look good and be physically healthy, it's only fair that your partner does the same. That's the bottom line.

>implying a woman who gets her emotional needs fulfilled by a boyfriend turns to excessive comfort food

Wut

You did the right thing, obviously. Physical attraction is an important part of a relationship.

Even if she lost weight, I'd be surprised to see her keep it off. Usually once someone packs on the pounds, the internal dials are set and they will always return to that weight.

I HAVE seen cases where a girl got fat, got dumped and was a hottie 3 years later but that's super rare and is probably more about revenge than her actually changing.

Man look at those scars on her arms. That is a basket full of crazy right there.

You fucked up OP
Fat bitches are more proned to be extremely submissive and he'll if she's willing to lose weight for you then you should have waited
Either two things are going to happen

lose weight and become 10x hotter than she was and is going to rub it in your face making your life even shittier

Or

She's going to get blacked

Or they lose the weight really fast and easy because that's where the dials are currently set and the body constantly seeks a state of equilibrium.

Your idea only works if the weight was kept on for 5 plus years.

Shut up, you ain't had no girlfriend. You a dumb lying bitch.

And IF this were true... it's not wrong that you dumped her...

but you did handle the dumping of her like a petty little self absorbed bitch.

"I was just being a man with a decent testosterone level"

Faggot, you sound like a beta ass punk teenager who thinks he knows what being a man is... get a fucking life.

>Usually once someone packs on the pounds, the internal dials are set and they will always return to that weight.

Bullshit.

I used to weight 100-105kg and now I consistently hover around 80. Doesn't actually take that much effort, I just stopped eating all the time.

FUCK
YOUR
MCRALS
???

You're not all that smart are you?

u saved urself :))) good job!!

how much money did she make? if she made good money might have been worth sticking around to see if she got skinny again.

Former obese-fag here. (236lbs -> 165lbs)

Weight is absolutely a choice eat less move more etc. and you shouldn't feel pressured to marry somebody you're not attracted to. But, this is just my opinion, you should have given her a chance to lose the weight and help her. Cook her healthy meals and plan active dates... if she still keeps gaining, then she's got deeper issues to deal with.

.727810318 About 50k a year. Why?

Soo, did she support you at all or did you pay for everything?
If you did everything than in essence she was a live in whore, no harm no foul. But, if she did meet you atleast 50/50, well I would have helped her loose some of the weight, worked with her, etc.
If you did have a stable relationship you may have fucked up, any idea how hard that is to find? Family loss screws with you in more ways than one, and just tossing out a loved one when shit happens in their life and they are obviously trying to cope by over eating is kind of a dick move.
Old expression, it's all fun and games till it's your turn.

Good call - she's fucking gross.

OT but this is Sup Forums so w/e
btw, you can click on the post number to reply

Agreed. Was definitely the right thing to do but probably shouldn't have been so harsh

lol i know rait, imagine this bitch after being married and 2 kids OP so:
unable to do any kind of excercise, loose vago, and even more depression

a fucking elephant

I supported myself through the microtransactions on my games.

No, by saying it was due to weight now she will be traumatized and get healthy again, improving both her future relationships and overall health, I have seen bitches who in highschool were bullied due to being fat fucks and now are okay or some even looking hot, this due to the constant harassment for being whales

>usually
>didn't happen to me so obviously not true
>my single cases equals the overall majority

lol are you fucking stupid?
>rethorical question

Yeah I figured you did but what about her? Did she contribute anything financially or did you do everything?
I look at relationships as a partnership, if she won't contribute I'll never get semi serious.

Right? No.
Was it a good decision for both of you? Yes.

You're not wrong but you sound like a bit of a prick, bruh

Oh, well. She'll find another host.

Yes, fuck morality...until it is time to hold men to traditional morality.

You are absolutely in the right with one small exception.

Dumping a girl who gets fat is the right thing to do. Having a sex life that you both enjoy is a necessary part of a healthy relationship, and a relationship that either party doesn't enjoy is bad for everyone involved. If they don't have the strength of character to take care of themselves that is nobody's fault but theirs. Women do not blame themselves when they dump men who they perceive as having weak character, and neither should you.

They only thing you did wrong was telling her that her skin was ruined. There's a good chance she could be attractive again if she worked at it hard enough, and you shouldn't have discouraged her from trying to get healthy that way. The right thing to say in that situation is that you don't want to be put in the position of deciding on a regular basis whether her progress is good enough for your relationship to continue. That is not a healthy relationship.

>Former obese-fag here. (236lbs -> 165lbs)

You lost roughly one third of your weight. How did you do it and how long did it take?

Man the harpoons

Sorta this. Having a gf is like possessing a pet, it needs constant attention and care. Women, despite their constantly saying so can't really handle themselves.

Why didn't you just confront her way sooner.. and well it's your life, there are plenty of fish in the sea. If her personality didn't change but her size did you are a little shallow

She gets super obese and still has zero tits. Nothing even remotely attractive about that.

You can find people on Sup Forums with larger moobs.

>toxic masculinity
fucking dump your parents too, cunts

You were obviously right. You're probably a bait troll, but yes, you were right. Fuck her. Fucking bitches.