Why do they keep trying to bring politics into sports?

Why do they keep trying to bring politics into sports?

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/figures-reveal-a-shocking-rise-in-homophobic-hate-crimes-a6692991.html
stonewall.org.uk/media/lgbt-facts-and-figures
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why do we let americans make threads?

Arse Anal

>supporting fags is politics
perhaps in merrica

>tfw your club did not wear the fagget bands this weekend

feels good mane

Because they can't play football correctly if they don't tell everyone they like cocks.

Why are you insecure OP? It's perfectly fine to be gay.

Im not saying im against the cause. I'm saying football clubs are not people, they shouldn't support any sort of movement or group

kys

This is a good point

Oh, ok. I'm glad to hear you're genuinely thinking of the big picture and not bringing up a specific example of a generalised, murky principle to stealthily and passive-aggressively whine about the big bad gays hurting your feelings again. That would be really sad.

What kind of argument is this? Football clubs have gay athletes among their employees and want them to be accepted.

I don't understand what they think they can accomplish with things like that.

Do they really think any homophobe will suddenly stop being a homophobe just because an athlete wore a rainbow armband?

Then they should accept them. Imagine if all the soccer teams wore macaroni armbands in support of Luigi in accounting.

Its not politics, just paying homage to the slurping of semen of this sport (not really for me guys)

It's part of fostering a culture where being gay is accepted and part of the norm, and just not really a big deal.

Sports, especially soccer, wasn't very gay-friendly in the past. There are gay sports fans. There are gay players and gay kids growing up that think of these dudes as their heroes. And it can make a big deal to them to see them support them.

Kick Americans out of football

>Imagine if all the soccer teams wore macaroni armbands in support of Luigi in accounting.

what a retarded analogy.

Imagine Luigi had to hide the fact that he was Italian from everybody out of fear of abuse, losing sponsorship and a media shitstorm.

It's not about teaching some fat homophobic 50 year old white van driver that being gay is ok, he's never gonna change his opinion.

It's about making gay people feel more comfortable and accepted, and helping teach the next generation so they don't end up like the bitter old man angry because some dude likes a cock up his arse.

If you're a gay 13 year old struggling and your favourite footballer came out saying being gay is ok and supporting it, I imagine you'd feel a lot more confident and it could help you either coming out or accepting who you are

T. Faggot

daily reminder the vast majority of homosexuals and transgender people were molested as children and we are embracing and celebrating mental illness with "gay acceptance"

>It's part of fostering a culture where being gay is accepted and part of the norm, and just not really a big deal.
But they are MAKING it a big deal. That's nonsensical logic.

Who's (((they)))?

>this flag
>this post

What kind of fucking world do you live in? It's already like that. Europe sounds pretty ignorant to me

Sorry I have no interest in arguing Sup Forums pseudo-science with you.

It's got nothing to do with you whether people prefer dick or vagina, stick to worrying about your own struggling sex life

>Sorry I have no interest in arguing Sup Forums pseudo-science with you.
high horse
>stick to worrying about your own struggling sex life
aaaand off the high horse, revelling in mud

that was quick

There are no political messages allowed in football unless it's for a degenerate cause like saying be nice to poofs and blacks.

>What kind of fucking world do you live in?

The kind of world where 8% of football fans said they'd stop supporting their team if they had a gay player.

There was a gay dude in my school growing up, and he got bullied constantly for it, maybe Canada is more accepting of it, but working class places in the UK can still be bad

>American having Africa-tier reaction to gay awareness week

Why is anyone having a shit fit about this in all honesty? It's just an advertising gimmick, the Premier League has to be the league of the Anglo World. There's a reason they didn't do it in Eastern Europe.

Should they wear swastika armbands then you fucking bigot?

I don't care, there's no point arguing with Sup Forumstards they'll just link some retarded "study" they got from Breitbart or similar

>There was a gay dude in my school growing up, and he got bullied constantly for it
fat kids also get bullied constantly, I don't see any Fatty Acceptance days

I was merely pointing out that you are on the same argumentative level as said "Sup Forumstard", friend. :-)

Being fat is a choice, unless they have a slow metabolism or whatever

>>American having Africa-tier reaction to gay awareness week
this

just know that when you whinge about this you're doing so alongside barely literate kenyans and arabs who shitpost in facebook comments sections. they're your comrades in this fight.

>8%
wow its fucking nothing
I'm sure you can find 8% of people here that would say they'd stop watching their team if the star player was a fag. Doesn't mean it's a common sentiment or the norm. That means 92% of people don't give a fuck or support it.

Thanks

Overeating may also be a sign of depression or similar. But that's exactly the point, it doesn't have to be by choice, so why does no-one raise awareness there? :-)

>being fat is a choice unless it's not

There are unironically "fat pride parades" in the US, not even kidding

In Europe being fat is not as socially accpetable yet, but give it time....

I don't usually side with muslims but their policy on queers makes a lot of sense. Being gay is extremely abnormal, we're hardwired to find the opposite sex attractive to further the human race, it's not something created by society. If a piece of technology doesn't work the way it should you try and fix it or throw it away

>purposely misquoting when the post is right there

I don't think it's cool to bully people about their weight, but when fat people have been murdered and tortured for 1000s of years then it'll be a similar case.

>Being gay is extremely abnormal
Pure heterosexuality is abnormal as well. Natural is to want to fuck everything that moves when you're horny, male or female.

what's your views on feminism

Kek this

Muslims are triggered as fuck and i like that

>but when fat people have been murdered and tortured for 1000s of years then it'll be a similar case.
Twisted logic. They have to suffer that way and that long first, when it is not a fundamentally different issue?

We have sentience, we're not like dogs.

Many animals engage in gay sex, it's not exclusive to humans.

If you're going to go the "it's nature to further your species" route then it's also extremely abnormal for people not to want as many kids as they can raise (or at all), and anybody who doesn't want kids or only has 1-2 should be "fixed" or thrown away.

It is a fundamentally different issue though, people are still being killed to this day for being gay, we're not seeing executions or brutal assaults on a regular basis just for being fat

>lives in muslim country
>hates muslims

???

what the hell are you on about? people aren't getting killed for being gay outside of maybe some african/middle east shitholes. the western world is all on board with this tolerance and progressive equality thing and gays are more accepted than ever.

Well those of us in civilized countries don't experience that towards gays, that's unfortunate you live in a third world shithole.

I like the accidental implication being gay is a choice. You're right, even though you don't think so. Of course disagreeing means you completely contradict your point about choice and nature.

>just not really a big deal
>force the faggotswastika onto the arms of the captains on the biggest stage

They're making it a big deal. It's shit like this that's slowly making me start to hate gays over the years.

>we're not seeing executions or brutal assaults on a regular basis just for being fat
...right. Let's just leave it at that.

They're private companies, they can do whatever they want if it's not against the law.

Tbh it would be a smart move for an average player in the Prem to come out, it would basically guarantee him a contract somewhere because of the positive p.r.

you know you have 3 million Muslims in America right?

A club and a company are different things, I believe.
The line has been blurred over the last few decades though.

In a 320 million nation, that's like 1% of their population, compared to the 4-6% in Western Europe....

Better mock them for their black and Latino rate m8

Not for long

I still dont know and its getting worse and worse

>Forces recorded 5,597 hate crimes against gays and lesbians in 2014-15, a rise of 22 per cent
independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/figures-reveal-a-shocking-rise-in-homophobic-hate-crimes-a6692991.html

>One in six lesbian, gay and bi people have experienced a homophobic or biphobic hate crime or incident over the last three years

stonewall.org.uk/media/lgbt-facts-and-figures

It's still happening. And lots of people in the middle east and east Asia watch the PL

>implying most of those incidents aren't made up for attention

It's just like all those supposed sudden hate crimes going on in the US right now after trump won

Anything's a hate crime against homos nowadays.

Getting their mcdonalds order wrong can be considered a hate crime.

Shit like this only fuels more distaste towards them.

Because the intolerance that people have on the issues rears its ugly head in force, exemplifying why the statement needs to be made.

There are gays in football hiding in the closet, and they cannot come out because they are scared of the backlash that they would face, specifically because of the response that happens when players just wear armbands.

because he is a player and you are a nobody
he can do whatever the fuck he wants

They're hiding in the closet because they want to be known for their football and not become "that gay player" that all the fucking 'allies' would push them as.

People get to that level of play because they love the game, far more than their damn sexual identity. They don't want their penile preferences overriding their play.

t. guy who knows homo pro sportspeople

I think its more that if some people knew they would be screaming faggot in the stands as opposed to some people having colourful flags.

The flags wouldn't even be necessary if people weren't screaming faggot

screaming "faggot" wouldn't be neccessary if people weren't waving flags

How many gay football players are there now that are out? Do you see any? Statistically, at least a few fellas must be gay. But they don't come out, and they don't feel comfortable coming out.

Think about all the young kids that have to deal with being gay - they look up to their heroes in sport or whatever. They know that there's no gay guys in the Premier League that are out, so they equate their sexuality with being a bad thing.

They play soccer with their local club. They partake in the banter and joking about, and someone calls another one gay or a faggot or queer. It's okay to do that, because sport is masculine, and when have you ever seen a gay soccer player anyway? Fags don't play soccer.

And that kid has to grin and bear it. Maybe he'll suffer in silence. Maybe he'll stay closeted for years to avoid coming out to teammates that aren't tolerant. Maybe he'll quit playing soccer altogether to avoid it.

So when the likes of those kids see the major players stand up for gay guys, see them with the flags and armbands and laces for one measly day in the year, see them saying "we know gay people, we accept gay people", it's a big deal. The people they look up to respect them and accept them. And those other straight kids growing up, that might have being using gay slurs? Maybe they'll see their heroes respecting gay people and think twice about it.

And even if all that helps just one kid, it's been worth it. But hey, if a little coloured flag gives you that much grief, maybe they should scrap it.

>nordic country
Every time

>one gay kid gets helped by this
>five more become more homophobic because of this
>gay kid thinks its now acceptable to come out
>gets shit kicked in by new homophobes
>gay rights group get flooded with more funding

All according to plan.

Like Cristiano Ronaldo?

>CR7
>in the closet

c'mon now

A little rainbow armband, that is barely noticeable, triggers you into hating the gays?

I don't understand why a rational adult would be so bothered about this.

>all this rambling about "gay kids"
You lost me.

This

Summary: Gay kids growing up will gain confidence in themselves when they see soccer players they idolise being pro-gay.

And a general culture of acceptance in society will eventually mean being gay is a non-issue altogether and hopefully we won't even need these token gestures in future.

>fat kids also get bullied constantly, I don't see any Fatty Acceptance days

HA, come here to the states for a few days. Hell, look up the "Body Positivity Movement." I am not joking, its a real thing.

What in the world is a "gay kid", is my question.

>barely noticeable
>tv cameras zoom in on them for a full thirty seconds screaming "LOOK LOOK LOOK"

It's what naturally happens when you try to shove something down peoples' throats. They cough it out and hate you for it.

A Faggot.

>
it's for the kids. Eventually you see this shit enough and if Wayne Rooney thinks fags are ok then maybe they are

So stop shoving your straight agenda down my throat. My throat is just for cocks.

Eventually, arguing that these is such a thing as a "gay kid" means arguing that kids can make rational decisions of that magnitude concerning themselves means arguing for a lower age of consent.
It's really weird. I can understand a kid being interested in the idea of being gay. But a gay kid is just ridiculous.

kek

In this context, I guess I mean teenagers and the like.

>everything is about me

98% of people don't have an agenda. No one cares. If you try forcing them to care, they'll despise you instead. Give it up. Go be a faggot somewhere else.

Would you believe me when I told you that being gay, for not-a-small-amount of teenagers is just a phase, or would that offend you?

("being gay" referring to enjoying the idea of being gay, and perhaps some cheeky experimenting with the same sex)

I'm sure people explore their sexuality in their teens, of course. Teens are horny, some will try out lots of shit. Some will be bisexual. Some will just be bi-curious and not bother again. A lot will be gay.

For, I would say the majority, it won't be a phase though. But I take your point.

Can you imagine how assblasted would these same people saying an armband "is not a big deal" be if a club decided to wear a nazi/white power armband?

>promoting acceptance of gay people
>promoting acceptance of killing all the jews and non-Aryans

Those are the same thing. What an excellent comparison.

so it is in fact, a big deal to this kind of thing.

thanks for playing mick

>white power is killing all non-whites

Don't be such a caucasiaphobe.

Although I can't be surprised, it's hard to understand being oppressed when you're part of a protected class of citizenry like homosexuals.

>but when I fap to traps its okay

I wish Koscielny accepted the Poland call up back in like 2011, we would be so good right now.

>mfw I go to Iraq and Afghanistan
>mfw when the Iraqi army soldiers can't stop raping each other in their guard towers
>mfw the IA's official stance on gay sex is that it's bad mmkay
>mfw the literal epidemic of butt-fuckery is just ignored because the people who are supposed to be stopping it are involved in it too
>mfw the average grown man in Afghanistan is either engaged in or OK with male on male pedophilia

Yeah man that's a great society to emulate

Reminder that there was already an openly gay footballer in England 25 years ago. When he finished playing football he went on to pursue a career in molesting a 17 year-old and then committing suicide to avoid jail.