I'm planning to not drink tonight for the first time in three months

I'm planning to not drink tonight for the first time in three months

How do I stop feeling like shit? I'm barely hanging on and I feel like jumping in the car and getting alcohol before they close. But I don't want to wake up tomorrow and go through this again and again I'm sick of it. I don't know what to do to feel better I literally feel like utter trash I let it get to this point

How much have you been drinking every day? Also. what's been your booze of choice? Three months isn't very long at all.

Former alkie, here.

I try switching it up every now and then but it's usually vodka

I know it's not, that's why I'm not sure why I'm struggling this much. I've been on binges like this before but never this bad. I've waken up and drank a few times, just for the hell of it. I'm drinking close to a handle a night

You just gotta power through it man, its gonna be really hard at first but the longer you stay strong and stay away from it, it will get easier, ive made some bad choices with alchahol and i quit because of it and its def helped, gl my dude

you could try vitamins c ( any kind but I use magnesium ascorbate) and b3 (niacinamide rather than niacin) to feel significantly less like shit.

I think b19 or b20 is also an alcohol-specific one... you can look it up

Okay. Well, I drank heavy for almost 5 years. Was up to a handle a day, also vodka, by end of the first year, two/per when I stopped. I would also wake up to drink. Quit cold turkey, and jesus that was a hard, hard couple of weeks.

Do you have the shakes yet when you don't drink? You're body'll tell you in all kinds of ways you need to cut that shit out.

I would ween off if I were you user

If you are drinking that much for that long, it might not be safe to just stop. Theres a small but significant change of dying from alcohol withdrawl. Go buy some valium and use that to get off the booze. Then ween off valium.

Oh yeah definitely, it's not super bad but it's enough that other people notice. I also get sweats, my fucking palms won't stay dry, I'm anxious as fuck. It's just a really shitty feeling, as you obviously know. I want to stop but my life is just total shit right now. And now that I'm unemployed I'm just always down. I keep telling myself okay, this is gonna be the last time and it's not. I want to drink so bad.

The problem is part of me doesn't want to stop, because even when I'm sober I'm not happy. I just feel like giving up completely.

This I stooped cold turkey and had a dt paramedics said could of died from it

you need to goto a hospital or ER and let them know you are an alcoholic and are trying to stop drinking. I'm not fucking around, sudden withdrawal from alcohol after long and constant expose can be fatal, you can literally die from detoxing.

What are they gonna do?

mostly monitor you, check your vitals, and give you meds that will reduce the severity of DTs. You may be admitted to a crisis ward or mental health unit if you've expressed suicidal thoughts or behaviors.

Sounds walk

you gotta taper off to avoid the shakes, sweats, and anxiety, dude. if you try to quit cold, it's almost intolerable with that anxiety.

just drink like half of what you normally would today, then drink half of that the next day, and so on until you're drinking nothing

Taper off, faggot.

Find something productive to do instead or draw, meditate, something relaxing

I've had some struggles with alcohol, although I've never been as bad as a handle a day. One every two days is as bad as i got. Couple things i did to cut down:

Started buying beer instead of hard liquor, and only a 6 pack at a time. Would be enough that i would drink the 6 pack, be buzzed, and it would take long enough that liquor stores were closed when i was done. Just not having it in the house where it was easily accessible helped a lot.
I started staying out of the house as long as possible doing stuff. I held a job down most of the time so I would get up, go to work, go to the gym, go for walks, anything. just try and keep myself occupied as long as possible before i went home. When i was just sitting at home all i wanted to do was get drunk.

hope this helps

Any more pictures? That's what's important here.

once i got over half a handle a day i started splitting the bottles when i opened them, helped me back off.. i plan on cutting them down to thirds ect till im back to an acceptable amount or i just quit

Op here, I'm gonna taper off because this is just unbearable. But how long does it take? I'm gonna cut them in half until I stop withdrawing or I can at least bear it

I recently started trying to stop drinking user. It's really hard. I find it helps to have soda around. Dr. Pepper and stuff I like to drink. It gives me something to drink that's not booze. Also, I think about all the shit I cause when I do drink. I' over it. Fuck that. Also, I keep occupied. Video games and trying to figure out how to earn more money.