Are they the best run club in England?

Are they the best run club in England?

In Europe?

In the world?

>failing to park the bus against sparta
>letting Mane get away
>middle of the table

nah

>Southampton's director of football and the main reason they're still in the top flight was the worst permanent PL manager ever
Really makes you think.

>>letting Mane get away
>thinking a player can be bigger than the club

If a player wants to leave let them leave desu.

today's match was poetic. part of the reason saints parted ways with koeman was his very negative opinion of the academy and refusal to give youth a chance.

now one such 'not good enough' academy player screwed him out of the points on his return.

>his very negative opinion of the academy and refusal to give youth a chance.

I don't understand how you can go to Southampton and not even pay attention to the youth academy.

Says quite a lot when one of his signings fucked off to China shortly after the season ended.

being a knowledgeable manager/tactician doesn't mean having a scouts eye for potential in young players.

big difference between him and pochettino, and no coincidence that the academy inexplicably stagnated when koeman joined, and only seemed to flourish again when he left.

nah, pelle was always pretty chummy with koeman. he is just in the twilight of his career now after spending his teens and 20s as a journeyman. when a massive payday like that comes along, it's a one time opportunity not to be turned down.

Just had a look at the two seasons under Koeman. JWP & Targett aside, barely any of them played on a regular basis.

No but the academy has been a focal point of Southampton FC for fucking years now.

It wasn't something that came and left with Poch. It's always been there.

Nah Koeman joined Saints because they worked together in Holland.

That's what I meant.

Pelle left because Koeman left.

>literally sell everyone you produce
>best run club in the world

Not really unless just making money is the goal in which case there are a lot of clubs that make even more

When a player wants to leave it's usually best to let them leave desu.

Not to mention every player that has left has been more than adequately replaced and they've constantly improved despite players leaving.

Last season, after losing their players, they broke their record points tally. The previously standing record was literally set the season before that, after losing their players and their manager.

This season they've lost their players and their manager and they're still doing well.

i didn't say that it was poch's doing mate. rather that its funny how koeman's immediate predecessor obviously had no complaints about the quality of the academy, nor his immediate successor.

reflects pretty badly on him that poch/puel were able to identify something which he quite angrily rejected.

>Getting over £30m for a guy who went 20 league games without scoring

I don't see why, they are mediocre and have no chance of winning anything in the foreseeable future
Imo the best run clubs in Europe are Atletico, Sevilla and Juve

>I don't see why, they are mediocre and have no chance of winning anything in the foreseeable future

M8, >we have been climbing the table 1 position at a time for the last few years. If this trend continues (it totally will ok), >we will win the title in about 5 years

It's Atletico tbqh.

They've had to rebuilt themselves from the ground up so many times over the past 10 years or so and have always come back stronger.

They always seem to know the exact right time to sell highly rated players for inflated prices right as they're about to decline, then they're always replaced by someone who's at least as good or better for a fraction of the price.

Definitely, they're getting top 4 next season

who is now pivotal to liverpools success

Atletico in a shit ton of debt and 3rd party ownership

koeman was so butthurt in post-match interview when asked about josh sims, claiming he didn't know anything of him.

I respect Southampton and like how they go about things. But I always pray that they lose when at home because I work in a pub outside St Marys and it's always pretty funny to see the buttdevastation when they all flood in afterwards.

On a side note, St Marys is a shit ground. So devoid of character both inside and out. The design is literally identical to a few others in the country to save costs; I'm pretty sure the King Power used the exact same blueprints. Outside the ground it's really boring and lifeless. But then the area it's located in is probably the worst part of the city so that's no surprise.

Sorry for OT but how long is Coutinho gonna be out for Pool?

>let them leave desu

>Praise Koeman when he is there
>Hate Koeman when he wants to leave
>Pretend like he didnt do anything for the club after he leaves

kek

i call this type of delusion west ham syndrome

one or two good seasons beating expectations (finishing upper-mid table instead of relegation) and they think they're the next top 4 killer

lolllll

They're slaves to debt. Even their new stadium isn't going to change that.

Easily the most successful part of their club is the scouting. That's the only way they've been able to generate income (player sales) and, tbqh, even that's not as impressive as it appears. Atletico are able to freely access the south american player market, that due to work permit requirements, simply cannot be tapped by any english clubs. It gives them carte blanche to scoop up the best young south american talent almost entirely unchallenged, insert huge buyout clauses into their contracts and then flip them after 2/3/4 seasons for upto 10 times their initial outlay. Every season they bring over at least ten 16-21 y/o, content in the knowlege that at least 2 or 3 will continue the cycle.

>doesn't mean having a scouts eye for potential in young players.
No, but there's usually someone at the club whose job is exactly that. An intermediary between the youth and senior team, who tells the first team manager his opinion of who he thinks is good enough to get time in the first team, and sometimes even which position he thinks a player would be best suited to at senior level. I'm assuming Southampton also have someone for that, but clearly Koeman didn't give a shit.