Hay that's fairly good

hay that's fairly good

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-6FvsKo162U
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

He looks comfy on that cover

yeah, their first album is one of my favorite albums. I really don't like what they did after that though. It feels like they really dropped the raw, authentic sound for something more produced and plastic sounding.

I used to really love placebo until I realized all of his songs are addressed to his on and off girlfriend that he has a weird cuck sado masochist relationship with. that being said without you I'm nothing is still their best. seems the most genuine because he was going through the birth of his son at the time and less, dude I do drugs and wear makeup lol.

No one ever talks about Placebo on here and I think they are a great band. I didn't start listening to them until about 7 years ago - was surprised I never heard them beforehand.

Without You I'm Nothing > Placebo > Meds > Loud Like Love > Sleeping with Ghosts > Battle for the Sun >>>>>>>>> Black Market Music (what an awful album and the one with their biggest single).

switch bmm and btfs and we're good. that album was forgettable a f.

>>>>>>>>>> Black Market Music

kek, i completely agree

ALCOHOLIC KIND OF MOOD

I'm guessing you hate the "rap" song, commercial for levi, and blue american? I agree it's not their best but at least they were trying some different shit. battle for the sun sounds like white noise.

I actually like Battle for The Sun, it's just the weakest album besides BMM. Blue American, Hemoglobin, and Pure Morning are good songs but the rest is all over the place.

i think it's a case of success affecting a band, the album is overtly dramatic and overproduced crap and the songs suck.

just watch the videos for an idea of how indulgent they were at the time.

pure mornings on without you I'm nothing m8
youtube.com/watch?v=-6FvsKo162U

like this one? lol. gotta love 2000s cgi.

Placebo is my fave band ever, I love all of their albums including the new ones, I understand why people stopped caring about them after Meds, but since I have a sense of family bond with them I could geniunely love their new sound, I even have my first gf because of them, their extravagant sexual lyrics changed my way to understanding music, I hate when people call them "britpop" they are not even british, they don't fit on any genre, they play post punk, grunge, noise, musique concrete, new wave, glam rock, even a rap song, very special band if you look beyond their singles and a sharp sense of melody, oh and none of them are dads or even own a house, weird for a 90's band still living as teenagers, god bless Bowie for finding them

>none of them are dads or even own a house

Without you I'm nothing was one of those albums that got me through High School

Sleeping with Ghosts was the last great album they did though I kinda stopped caring after meds.

I fucking love that album, and this is coming from a metalhead.
the next 2 albums are pretty great also.

they are british tho

only their drummer is british, damn everyone itt is ininformed as fuck about placebo for supposedly liking them

k

brian is from belgium and went to high school with stefan, who's from sweden. just a few more google clicks could have told you that. they're not a completely british group.

kk

I know Molko speaks fluent French. Dude would be on talk shows in France when i was on vacation there years ago and he sounded almost native.

I guess if you move to britain and work there that automatically makes you a brit according to wiki.