Was KD going to the Warriors the first time in sports where a top player goes to a small market?

Was KD going to the Warriors the first time in sports where a top player goes to a small market?

>Calling a team a "market'

Americans everyone

Tevez to Boca from Juve

>Bay Area
>Small market

Very very bad bait

>small market
here your reply

Before 2013, the Warriors had no fans and most people didn't even know where Golden State played

They are pretty much a small market team. They aren't the Lakers. They aren't the Knicks. They aren't the Celtics. Hell, even the Clippers are a bigger market team

Yeah how did the Thunder fail at attracting FA's so much when they have been more relevant longer than the Warriors were.

I honestly felt that the Thunder were a bigger market team

But it refers to where they play

>Before 2013, the Warriors had no fans and most people didn't even know where Golden State played

I guarantee you started watching basketball 3 years ago.

This

Even before they're recent run, warrior fans were always known as one of the best despite rooting for a team that was trash for most of the last 30 years

>top player

the warriors fan base may or may not be loyal but it is miniscule compared to the reach of top market teams

>Silicon Valley
>Minuscule market compared to ANYONE
What the FUCK are you talking about you dumb shit idiot?

In the US Silicon Valley really isn't associated with any market

It's not like Wall Street or Hollywood

Top Markets like what? Only LA, NY, and Chicago are bigger than the Bay Area.

>what Is Dallas
>what is Philly

I understand that it's a global thing, but you can't just straight out ignore geography. Wall Street and Hollywood play a big role in making New York and Los Angeles huge markets.

Wall Street is IN NYC
Hollywood is IN LA

Silicon Valley isn't in SF

See the difference? Most people around d the world don't associate the Bay Area with Silicon Valley

Maradona was probably the best player in the world when he went to Naples, a 3rd world-tier city in southern Italy that makes Detroit look clean and prosperous.

They don't? I'm from the East Coast and I've always associated the two.

Gee sure is way far.

The US census considers San Jose and San Francisco to be different metro areas

Doesn't change the fact that they're in the same region and are associated with one another by most people. Obviously Californians see them as very different, distinct areas, but the rest of us hear "San Francisco" and one of the first things that comes to mind is Silicon Valley.

Oh I see so a metro area is a magically isolated region that segregates US cities into intraversible territories?
As is saying, if anyone from SV wants to support an NBA team or pour money into basketball, the Warriors are logically the first team they think of. So they're tied to the Warriors in that sense. Some teams bear their state's name: the Minnesota Timberwolves, the Indiana Pacers. Some teams bear the name of a part of a city: Brooklyn Nets. Doesn't mean that the Nets' market is only Brooklyn.
Furthermore, they're not the San Francisco Warriors, they're the Golden State Warriors. My point is that a market is not necessarily just tied to a city or its immediate vicinity; its extent varies, and obviously since there is a shitload of money in the Silicon Valley, some of it goes into the nearby basketball team. The Silicon Valley is naturally included in the area you'd want to define as the "Warriors' market".

>three major cities
>small market

the memeiors are in the bay area technically, but they're not supported by the whole area. they're probably even smaller than the a's and sharks

silicon valley doesn't pay attention to the memeiors

>silicon valley
>oakland basketball team that's always in the basement
git gud on american culture

to people in the bay area, until meme curry the warriors were an oakland team, or at most an east bay team. if you're from the bay area you know that means it's not popular for the whole area.

>San Jose
>Oakland

>major

LOL

Id hardly call GS a small market now

And in the 70s Bobby Hull left Chicago in the NHL to play for Winnipeg in the WHA because all the league's owners gave him a million dollars

In modern world of super fast internet and 3 billion people on social media - there's no small markets anymore.

Then why couldn't the Thunder attract a free agent?

Why couldn't the Lakers for half a decade? It has nothing to do with the size of the "markets". Why did Harden and Howard go to Houston? I'm not an American, but isn't Houston pretty fucking irrelevant?

Well, Houston is more relevant than San Francisco

Houston: 2.2 million people
San Francisco: 800,000 people

Is it more relevant than New York or Los Angeles? Why did Howard go the Hawks this summer? Why did Aldridge go to San Antonio and not the Knicks or Lakers? Use logic.

you two are morons. im in the bay area, i saw it firsthand.

yeah, the warriors had really good fans, but they were NOT numerous. the stadium was always packed, but besides the people who would go to games, pretty much no one in the bay area cared about them.

you would rarely see people wearing warriors gear before 2014. then 2014 on, every other person wears it

San Jose is bigger than San Francisco

>I'm not an American, but isn't Houston pretty fucking irrelevant?

Houston is weird. It's a massive city, the 4th biggest in the country. The problem is that it's fucking soulless so nobody cares about it.

Well, what were they selling to free agents?

They shouldn't have traded Harden