One thing i will never understand about US... WWE

One thing i will never understand about US... WWE
Why the fuck are u guys watching big men crushing into each other and it is not even real, but what is worst is that it doesnt even look real.
Like its almost as stupid as germans killing their country

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/L7xD1ePI_P0
youtube.com/watch?v=yTD4jBn3QmI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saw_(saying)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

it's a redneck thing. real people don't take wrestling seriously.

b

Wrestling's popular worldwide, WWE is just the largest promotion in the world, and its international

Have you ever seen a typical crowd at a WWE show?
There is a large amount of 13 year olds, its pretty much geared towards them.

Its just a soap opera

U have that many rednecks ? Every country has something. In my country we have tons of people with zero IQ calling themselves hooligans, basically just beating each other just because of their favourite team. But they are atleast watching a real sport

Every fan over over 15 knows the winners are predetermined. That doesn't mean they can't get behind a character, or enjoy the athleticism.

Also. Try getting thrown around by the average 6ft plus, 280lbs of human. That wouldn't feel to good.

Oh really? Kek then. I saw some vlogger from LA so excited to see some kind of final in wrestling. Hes like 25 and muslim

I dont know man, it just seems so stupid to me

Don't be mad because wrestling fans have the best nude leaks.

its called entertainment, dumbass. it's like why you sit on a couch and watch people pretending to be a fictional character on television.

Ikr

Okay. First thing? Yes, the matches are scripted, but they're actually out there throwing each other through tables. There's a sheer level of physical work there that you don't see in other venues, sans boxing, K1 and MMA.

Second, everyone knows it's not 'real'. It's theater, as ritualized and codified as Kabuki. It's larger-than-life drama - a comic book plastered over the ring.

Now, that said? WWE is the worst company out there for pro wrestling. AAA and CMLL in Mexico (and the spinoff US production 'Lucha Underground', which you can get on Netflix...) are way, WAY better. Local promotions like the NWA (National Wrestling Alliance, a bunch of allied local promotions, not Niggaz With Attitude) offer more solid storytelling, even if the crowds are smaller. What Culture Pro Wrestling is 100% online, and is FUCKING. AMAZING. And then you have Chikara, which takes the comic book angle and runs with it (one of their characters was a time traveling knight. His tag team partner was himself - time travel, again).

tl;dr - Yes it's fake, it's stupid, it's cheesy, and it's still fucking glorious. Still, watch anything but the WWE if you want GOOD wrestling.

But in wrestling u are watching one scene over and over again. Like: I DIDNT FUCKING EXPECTED EL ÑUÑO TO STAND UP AND KICK HIS ASS FOR THIRD TIME THIS EVENING, I AM SO EXCITED

Fake and gay

"the kind of person who would bet on a pro wrestling match" describes Sup Forums.

Also, wrestling is very very gay.

I enjoyed the Attitude Era WWf, and I know fans nowadays hate us.
I havent watched anything since 2001 or so, is there any companies out there doing edgy shit?

it's still better than sitting in a room staring at the wall lol

I will watch that netflix one after work, i am curious about that

Cuz 'Merica that's fucking y. Now chug a beer uncross ur legs and stfu

You have to look at the bigger picture. The match itself is using the framework of a sporting event - of course one guy is going to kick the other guy's ass. The question is, why? What does it mean for each one? Was one nursing an injury (probably a real fucking injury...) at the start of the match? Did the match seem 'real'? Did they sell each other's offense well, or did they botch shit up and look like fucking spot monkeys constantly?

It's solid. Got nominated for an Emmy. Helps that it's got a season format and doesn't pretend to be a regular 'sports entertainment' thing... more like a serialized grindhouse movie.

IMPACT! Wrestling. Used to be TNA, just got bought out by a Canadian company. Other than that, Lucha Underground and the Jap scene are your best bets.

Japs ? Are u serious, that have to look hilarious

not sure but those body slams, some kicks and jumping from a ring, seem painful as fuck, like you can break a bone or two but since you never been in a probably even boxing ring before you dont know shit do you son ?

Of course it's not real you fucking retard, and nobody thinks it is. It's basically live theater for rednecks

Dude.
youtu.be/L7xD1ePI_P0

Seriously.

Like i think its mostly influenced by US lifestyle. Lot od people there just like when men are all muscular, perfectly shaved. Slav girls love men who are big and naturally muscular also that they can beat somebody elses ass in a sec

5 yrs of kickbox

That deathmatch. Kek

Really different than wrestleling, even if you know it is not real jumping from a fucking ring to another person and landing on them or on the floor everyone can walk the dinasour

>>/asp/

I know that it probably has a lot of work behind it, but in the end 17yr old guys from our club can take down these actors

Unlikely, mate.

First off, while pro wrestling is designed to look flashy, wrestlers DO know how to fight. The fundamentals of wrestling, which literally every pro has had drilled into their brain, include how to put a guy down HARD if you need to - because sometimes you're up against a guy that you literally just need to knock out. Second, you have to remember that these guys are used to being slammed onto concrete and such - they can take an INSANE amount of damage. Look up some of Mick Foley's best matches if you don't believe me.

Your friends would try. And they would end up getting a German Suplex if they were lucky. If they weren't lucky, they'd just get hit with a piledriver... and then they'd be dead. Broken neck. There's a reason no promotion allows `em anymore.

WWE
>interpretive Autistic dance

Most of the people I know who still watch Wrestling are Canadian.

Yea i will have to give your that, but I would love to fight one of those guys to see for myself

i'd like the know the same about nascar....i dont understand how their so captivated byt men driving around an oval for hours

What's the old saw?
In Japan, wrestling is a sport.
In Canada, wrestling is a tradition.
In Mexico, wrestling is an art.
In the US, wrestling is a joke.

Guys named Austin and Greg

>What's the old saw?
What the fuck does that mean?

if wrestling is so popular in the US...name 5 current lucha libre wrestlers for me right now

Come talk to me daddy

Once i traveled to México and I went to a Mexican wrestling, man the wwe is bullshit compare to them.

US wrestling is just comedy

Rey misterio jr he actually killed a guy that was famous with the 619 I think Perro Aguallo Jr
Mil mascaras
Mascara sagrada
Tinieblas
Capitan Morgan
not the same user not a fan of wrestling but that seems like fuck that seems painful.
also Alberto del Rio

I couldn't even stand to watch that shit when I was 8. So damn stupid.

The only reason anybody knows who Del Rio is is because of the sex tape.

He didn't kill anybody, the dude just had a history of heart problems and had a heart attack in the ring during a match, it had nothing to do with Rey.

well...i just got shown up
have some tits for your trouble

i didn't even realize, reys son picked up where his dad left off...wearing the same mask? i hope his not wearing the same mask

Boxers or MMA guys fight 2-3 times a year. WWE homos do it 4-5 times a week. It can't be that physically demanding.

You're falling for the PR, loser

i gotta admit though, out of all the organizations i seen for wrestling, those luchas are fucking captivating

i mean sure the japanese have their charm with it, but those guys, as soon as they step into a ring you know theres more on the line then just their paycheck

FUCK YOU, OP
*CLAP CLAP CLAPCLAPCLAP*

The US is pretty fucking big. You got states like Mississippi and Alabama fucking it up for the rest of the country.

Maybe he is. I'll admit though, I only really know him from his WWE work, and he just never stood out to me. In the leagues of luchedores, I prefer Rey. Del Rio is just a boring character/gimmick. Not to say any of the other guys are leagues ahead of him, mid you.

You probably dont know about wrestling he is like a troll to the U.S.A
It was involuntary manslaughter he is 40 wtf ?
youtube.com/watch?v=yTD4jBn3QmI

Press F to pay your respects

It's slang that literate people might use.

You don't need to worry about it.

Lots of closeted gays like it when men are all muscular and perfectly shaved.

It's not "fake".

You couldn't get off your fat ass and do what they do to save your life. I've done training for it and it's damn near impossible, especially if you have family, constantly moving, etc. It's very damaging physically and emotionally.

lol look at this dumb fucking idiot. okay, yes, wrestling is nothing but tickles and cuddles... fucking moron.

It's men on steroids bouncing about on a trampoline. Look on YouTube, even a12 year old with no training or athletic ability can do moves that look 'good'.

Wrestling is scripted. just like tv shows and movies.

I watched wrestling. I didn't see much evidence of scripting.

they are still getting slammed, taking bumps, all that shit. it may be scripted, but its not "fake" per se. you try getting slammed on the edge of the ring with a guiant steroid abusing dude and tell me it doesn't hurt... also, tell all those guys who have retired due to severe neck injuries that this is fake...

Wrestling is more popular in Japan then it is here.

I sit enjoy it. Look at it less as a sport and more as a tv show.

op: WAAAAHHHH i dont like it so no one shoudl either, if you do, you suck!

You can sit there an talk your shit about something you know nothing about. you would never do half the shit these guys do cause ur a pussy hiding behind a keyboard...pussy ass bitch.

Bah Gawd Kang!

if wrestling isn't real.. then why did my wife have to go to the hospital after I powerbombed her through a table?

IT's literally not a fighting sport.

It's fiction with storylines and scripts. No shit. Like, chemistry between wrestlers and shit. it's like live action shounen

>WWE
WWF
>Why the fuck are u guys watching big men crushing into each other and it is not even real
It's a soap opera for men

It's just a play about violence. It requires a fair amount of skill, people can really get hurt, and if you look at it as a form of art, you will appreciate it more.

it's live action animu

>Needing 6 months to get ready for a fight
You're getting worked, it's all drawn out to gain the maximum amount of money. The Ultimate Fighter TV show they fight over and over in a short time frame.

Bout damn time, I'm sure he'll be back next year though.

c'mon ref, that can't be legal!

Do you play vidya?
Watch action movies?
For what purpose? To be entertained. Do you think it's real? Of course not, only a retard would think that.
I don't even like wrestling.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saw_(saying)

amazes me people on the internet, can't find out what stuff means

UK?