Beatles solo feud

Who was in the right?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Toot_and_a_Snore_in_'74
youtube.com/watch?v=Y2iR54dnw5U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yoko

Ringo honestly

George. He had the most successful solo career.

Paul did nothing wrong. John made the better hitpiece songs.

T. H. I. S.

Paul, but Imagine is pretty good record. Even with Sup Forums tier embarrassments such as Gimme Some Truth.

George Harrison. Everyone had mediocre to bad solo careers post-1972 except for George. The only one of his I don't care for is Gone Troppo.

Is he a madman?

Just to clear things up, they were all shitty people. They were all drug addicts who fucked eachother's wives and/or cheated on their own. None of them were "good guys".

what about paul and ringo though

the maddest

Paul and George never did anything than pot post '70

John was a junky and Ringo was a cokehead

>Paul
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Toot_and_a_Snore_in_'74

*blocks your path*

""Stand By Me" – 2:18
Mostly Lennon complaining about the sound in his headphones and reminiscing about how it was better half an hour ago.
"Stand By Me" 3:41
Lennon complains about the sound again, saying that it was better two hours ago.
"Stand By Me" 6:04
Because of Lennon's complaints, the studio has changed the microphone levels on the recording itself (rather than the performers' headphones), and most of the lead vocals can no longer be heard."

Jesus Christ

Imagine how hard this mother fucker must have been to work with
youtube.com/watch?v=Y2iR54dnw5U

George had the best solo album post beatles.

Makes me think that there would have been a 'George Era' if they had stuck together for a few more years before breaking up.

George was literally the best songwriter of the group 1968+
I think PaulJohn were resentful of him. They were petty egoists.

>The jam session proved not very productive musically. Lennon sounds to be on cocaine and is heard offering Wonder a snort on the first track, and on the fifth, asks someone to give him a snort. This is also the origin of the album name, where John Lennon clearly asks: "You wanna snort, Steve? A toot? It's goin' round". In addition, Lennon seems to be having trouble with his microphone and headphones.

>George had the best solo album post beatles.
You posted the only good one, and half of it is filler you fucktard
Nah

>half of it is filler you fucktard
Terrible taste

I think Paul still had it, but it was John who really dropped off and Paul still had loyalty to John as his song writing companion. I think it's a shame that they didn't give more support to George because he wrote a string of really great songs and melodies 1968 onwards.

>Apple Jam
>good taste
Nah

So what's your guy's favorite non ATMP George? I like 33 1/3

That's basically bonus tracks, it's not even part of the main album.

Fuck Yoko is annoying

Lennon produced absolute schlock in his solo career, his biggest concern was making daisy chains with Yoko and sniping at Paul in his songs and interviews. And Paul sat around being depressed that the Beatles were over for the first part of the 70's. None of the Beatles really produced great stuff post Let It Be, but George's was the best, then Paul and lastly John.

>If I convince myself of it, it's true
>Lennon produced absolute schlock in his solo career,
I guess you must not have heard Plastic ono Band, Imagine, Mind Games and Double Fantasy

I would recommend them user if you are a Beatles fan

John was right that Paul's music was lightweight as fuck and that he had his head up his ass, but he didn't have to be such a prick about it.

>Plastic ono Band
Fucking KEK. You dump on ATMP then recommend Double Fantasy? Oh I am a laffin

This album is kino, sir

Not an argument

>Imagine
>Plastic ono Band

Like I said, schlock.

Imagine has got to be one of the most corniest, gaudy songs ever to be put to words.

Which is one-third boring jams with novelty titles.

>lightweight as fuck
Such as?
>Silly Love Songs
A masterpiece touching on Brian Wilson, but with more disarming self distance
>Let em In
More profound life-affirming lyrics than anything John ever wrote

Reading about this bootleg was the first time I found out that Stevie Wonder did coke. For some reason, there's always something surreal to me about blind guys doing hard drugs. It's like Ray Charles shooting up - how the fuck did he manage it? Stevie Wonder's face entirely covered in white powder is a hilarious mental image.

just ignore him, Paul was the ideas man

This is actually a great album.

>schlock
But Isn't It A Pity and My Sweet Lord isn't?.
totpkek half that album is schlock. Then go listen to Somewhere In England faggot.
>Imagine has got to be one of the most corniest, gaudy songs ever to be put to words.
See: isn't It a Pity

Well, no, Silly Love Songs is one of the only ones I can actually defend, because it's self-aware. I'm more talking about stuff like, say, Monkberry Moon Delight.

>Dumps on ATMP
>Recommends Somewhere in England
this has to be a troll

i mean, he never really feuded in the first place
does that mean he wins? either way he doesn't play into this

George had 17 #1 albums, two of which were solo records
Paul has 22 #1 albums, four of which were solo records
George had around 20 million units sold with projects outside of the Beatles
Paul managed to sell more than five times that amount with just Pipes Of Peace
:///

rule of thumb never trust people who say george had the best solo career

Depends on your definition of success. I think there's more to it than sheer quantity of records sold.

>>Recommends Somewhere in England
To hear more examples of schlock
Can you not read?

I'm pissed that George stopped working with Phil Spector after ATMP. Such a great team.

Not him but this is a retarded argument. More sales doesn't mean better. Pipes of Peace had a single featuring Michael in his prime with a killer music video accompanying it, of course it sold.

t. John Lennon

t. Out of arguments

This is 2017, populist fallacies are making a comeback.

You really want to deny a guy a chance to chill and make an album with his wife in the countryside, after trying to run the worlds biggest band with a heroin addict and his crazy nip lover for five years?

he may not have had the best solo career but he's still the best beatle

What's the more fedora opinion, George was best or Ringo was best? Probably George since the Ringo people are being ironic (I hope)

It kinda sounded like messy shit tho
>Ah Hinduism! forget my earthly possessions, I don't need em
>But not my mansion and Rolls Royce collection, that I can keep
Nah

I just recently heard Mind Games and the amount of filler on that album is shocking.

The same is true for many paul albums, be fair

>mfw hearing the original version of isn't it a pity after hearing the galaxie 500 cover first and loving it
some change in tone makes all the difference in the world it seems

It was Spector who was onwards to ruining Leonard Cohen and the Ramones I believe

John >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> anything by the bealtes and beatles solo projects

this is a fucking fact

>Like I said, schlock.
your magic autist word doesn't make it so. plastic ono band and imagine are easily among the best beatles' solo albums. i would put them in the top 3 along with all things must pass

>Imagine has got to be one of the most corniest, gaudy songs ever to be put to words.
there is no way you understand what the word 'gaudy' means. to use in that context is just bizarre. and you obviously wouldn't feel that way if it hadn't been for the song's ridiculous reception. you probably wouldn't even be aware of it

it really sounds like you're just a knee-jerk reaction to john lennon. which isn't terribly new or interesting. it's just as boring to hear "dude, he fucking beat his wife" for the millionth time as it is to hear about what a savior he was. i've yet to hear you say one word about music

>George had the most successful solo career
>Successful
>Success
Both critically and financially McCartney was miles ahead
George has Living In The Material World and All Things Must Pass
McCartney has Band On The Run, Pipes Of Peace, McCartney I/II, Chaos And Creation, Venus And Mars
Plenty of shit in both of their careers, but at least McCartney released more than a couple of good albums afterwards, however Harrison's Live In Japan is phenomenal

t. Yoko Ono

Not saying Paul's stuff is worthless, just limited.

lol

Yeah, but they've all got tunes.

I never said Paul didn't have the best solo career. I said referencing Pipes of Peace to drill your point home was really dumb. Paul piggybacked Michael so damn hard in the 80s.

So does Mind games.

i for one really like spector's work with cohen even if it's obviously highly flawed
yea tho that ramones album was lame. rock n roll radio is a great song though

And even though Paul has released a lottt of shit (Tug Of War/Press To Play/Driving Rain/Speed Of Sound/Wild Life/Red Rose) at least he has a hell of a lot of fucking 10/10 singles from them, he hasn't ever released an absolutely awful album unlike Harrison's Brainwashed/Gone Troppo/Somewhere In England

Lennon, unlike McCartney, had tried to take his listeners forward in his collaborations with Yoko Ono, but they didn't want it. His inspiration was hemmed-in, so sometimes he did routine material.

And yet Lennon was the one obsessed with trying to take Paul down like a kid angry with having been scolded by the teacher.

Not ones he hadn't written better before.

>implying Paul didn't undermine John by quitting The Beatles before he could, just to promote his own solo album
Low blow bro

Just like Paul

Michael was famously the one who gave Paul the call on Christmas Day asking if he'd like to "write some hits".
Paul offered Michael the song So Bad and he didn't like it so McCartney released it himself on Pipes Of Peace alongside.
Paul was the guy who mentored Michael into going into publishing which is when he bought the Beatles' catalogue rights.
Paul had a song on Thriller, Michael had two songs on Pipes Of Peace (of which McCartney offered MJ The Girl Is Mine)
Totally dickriding

>had tried to take his listeners forward in his collaborations with Yoko Ono, but they didn't want it
>with Yoko Ono
>but they didn't want it

hmmmm

John = Reddit
Paul = Facebook
Ringo = Fox News comment section
George = Tumblr

Brian = our guy

That doesn't work, Paul's melodic invention is clearly greater. Most of Mind Games is just stuff he put on previous albums, slightly tweaked.

McCartney has also released an ambient electronics album (The Liverpool Sound Collage) and some avant works of his own, he just wasn't as much of a pretentious NY art cunt as John with the screaming and noise shit

George is automatically the worst Beatle for cucking the public out of Carnival of Light, it could literally be the most incredible piece of music ever and it would still be a disappointment because of how delayed it's been.
He's not even fucking alive anymore and his 2nd wife now keeps it from being released at the annual Beatles conference or whatever.

retards and handicapped people have sex too.

John wasn't a very good person. Despite that, I think his solo career is of slightly more note. He had some solid singles, and I think Plastic Ono Band is a good rock album, nothing life-changing.

In all, no Beatle's solo career amazes me. McCartney is fun, Ram/Band on the Run have their moments. All Things Must Ass has a few great songs and some OK jams.

>Brian = our guy
>not George Martin

for shame

Paul's work is farrr superior on a melodic level, his ear and analysis of exactly went into his songs was way beyond Lennon

Paul knew what sounded good.

John knew what he thought sounded good.

Seriously, if the Beatles had really changed the world, their serious stuff together - as opposed to the more playful or documentary elements in what they did - would have been better received. The way they were treated was the 60s' blue screen of death. "Project cancelled", as Bowie later sang.

McCartney has Ram, Band On The Run, Venus And Mars, Chaos And Creation, Flaming Pie and McCartney, John just has two slightly more seminal albums whilst Macca pumped out dozens of incredible singles for mostly mediocre albums

then Michael cucked Paul with the entire Beatles discography.

If you don't think Beatles changed the world and music then I don't know what to think.

Are you trying to suggest Paul McCartney was responsible for Michael's success? Are you high?

john had already quit the band like a year before though

McCartney's avant-garde shit is done to show he can do it, not to really do it. It's part of his megalomaniac "I can top everyone in every genre!" trip he got into in the last years of the Beatles.

>his 2nd wife now keeps it from being released
.. because George didn't want it to. She's respecting her dead husband's wishes. And to be frank, if you read the description of what Carnival of Light actually was, it was probably garbage and that's why George vetoed it.

That's slightly different though.

I agree.

its literally the same. theres nothing surreal about a blind guy doing hard drugs, its just that you see them as lesser and maybe more bening people, that dont do raunchy stuff as the rest does.

McCartney's craft is always decent, whereas John's songs you often have to be in a cynical or depressed rut to truly appreciate them. Because they're more intellectual (even if I don't/can't always relate to his problems), I'm more likely to come back to them. I haven't heard all the McCartney albums you listed, but I imagine a good number of them I'd think "Oh, this is nice," and then when the melody is worn out I'd never listen to it again. He never makes you head turn with a twisted line like "I used to be cruel to my woman/I beat her and kept her apart from the things that she loved," however sick it may be to entertain.