Are they the standard pleb filter for music taste?

Are they the standard pleb filter for music taste?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5VZ-cSo0PhA
youtube.com/watch?v=yfuAJcWl6DE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>le have 3 songs and the rest all sound the same band

How many times do we have to go through the same bullshit? Ramones are fucking shit and you know it.
Also not punk.

>le retard user

>Dude I love nigger rap, lmao!

Tell us how much you hate dad rock like The Doors and would literally suck Kendrick Lakanye's dick if you were given the chance (the rapper)

OP here, I'm in agreement with you

kill yourself

>le
Found the redditor

this album is pretty good

ramones, mostly musically speaking, are one of the purest representations of punk there is

do you mean as in, whoever likes them is a pleb?

>punk vs rap
When did this happen?

Yes

As weird as it sounds to Ramones fans, there are some people who just don't get them. They don't understand that no Ramones fan thinks their songs are on the level of symphonies or something. The main draw is how despite being nothing new compositionally, they didn't quite sound like anyone else before them. That was a really cool trick back when the first Ramones was new, to make something so simple and repetitive but with so much personality, humor and energy.

You're wrong

Purest representations? They were a pop punk band. It's not like punk was honest, caustic and non commercial to begin with, but the Ramones are the one of the worst offenders.

>pop-punk band
>no pop hits

Exactly, but people want to deny it.

Pop punk doesn't begin until Descendents. Stuff like Ramones and Buzzcocks are more like proto pop punk.

is screeching weasel pop punk or proto pop punk and what is proto pop punk

b8, Blitzkrieg Bop

is one of a few ramones songs you know

The Ramones are one of my standards for if people "get" music. I'm not saying they have to be your favorite band or you have to like their songs, but if you don't "get" them then I assume you don't "get" most things about other artists.

OH. Good

>but if you don't "get" them then I assume you don't "get" most things about other artists.
Yeah, because a pop punk band is the peak of artistic expression.

>he doesn't "get" the ramones

At least have the decency to sage when you're shitposting.

not him but that's irrelevant and you know it :^)

Now I can't tell if you're fucking around. Do you actually not get what made the Ramones so important in musical history?

Unironically this. I swear to god I fucking die a little inside when people ask what music I listen to, I say a lot of old school punk and they say "OH like the Ramones?!"

Probably because it's a pop hit

:
^
)

>Do you actually not get what made the Ramones so important in musical history?
I don't consider punk and much less pop punk, power pop worthwile genres of music, so, I don't really care about the Ramones. They may've been really important to the music industry though.

What do you consider worthwhile genres of music?

They influenced pop music, and alright, that's a part of musical history. It's not like that means anyone can romanticize them.

JUST

Couple good boppy songs, mostly pretty shitty though

Also who cares if they were punk lmao

That's not what the thread is about. And why do you avoid answering this:
> Do you actually not get what made the Ramones so important in musical history?

You said you didn't care about the Ramones so I figured you didn't care about what they did. Basically you have to understand what 70s music was like. A majority of it was either stadium rock stuff, disco, the last of the jam bands, or prog rock. It was either a) bloated rock bands who made stuff that just stopped being relatable or b) pop music made by pro song writers that also wasn't relatable. The Ramones took the style and aesthetic of 50s and 60s rock that they grew up on and cranked everything to 10. By doing this, they created a new sound out of loud and fast guitar strumming with shouted yet still melodic singing. This basically overnight changed the direction of rock. Members of bands like the Clash, the Undertones and U2 saw something that was fresh. They took something that anyone could do, and used it to make good music. In essence, they brought rock music back to the common man in a lot of people's eyes. I know others can probably explain it better, but that's the gist of it.

>In essence, they brought rock music back to the common man in a lot of people's eyes
I understand all of that.
youtube.com/watch?v=5VZ-cSo0PhA
I've watched this complete documentary and even the original punk icons like John Lydon and Devoto saw punk for what it was and remained far removed from it as possible.

This reads like a six grade book report. I always come to mu for an hour and remember why I left.

I don't want to watch an hour long video atm. But what do believe punk was/is. Also I'm not arguing for the merit of punk or any of it's sub genres, just the Ramones.

>I don't want to watch an hour long video atm
There are 3 parts - pre punk, punk, post punk. And it's a very well done documentary. I would suggest watching it when you have time.

Gotcha. Thanks. I'll try to remember it for later when I'm looking for another music doc. Do you mind answering the question though?

oy vey shut it down! Ramones are not jkosher!
>youtube.com/watch?v=yfuAJcWl6DE

>Also I'm not arguing for the merit of punk or any of it's sub genres, just the Ramones.
I understand that they were a voice for the desensitized youth and I acknowledge their influence on punk and pop bands, although I don't appreciate them as a band. I have the same opinion about Kraftwerk. They meant well, they wanted a new music to make up for Germany's past and they were one of the most important bands for the development of synthpop. While on the other hand Krautrock bands were making uncompromising and other-worldly music. I acknowledge their contribution, but I can't respect them.

Yea that's basically their appeal to people. And like I said in my first post, you don't have like them, but I do expect people to understand why they were more significant than just as some pop rock band. Btw, punk isn't really my genre in general. And there was apparently no reason for me to post anything because covered almost everything and I didn't notice it.