Where are the obligatory niggers?

>where are the obligatory niggers?
how did he get away with this?

by no one being able to understand what the fuck he was singing half the time

He mentally lives on a higher plane of existence than the rest of us.

>Niggers
>Human

it looks like somebody morphed stephen hawkings and johnny cash

By being a notorious arsehole and his lyrics usually being criptic as fuck

Dude, that is NOT Stephen Hawking.

NO CHRISTMAS FOR JOHN CLEESE

How is Stephen Hawking music related?

Because in eighties British indie, everyone was assumed to be on the left - wrongly in Smith's case - and thus all racism was clearly ironic - at a time when, providing you were being satirical, you could use all the language that racists could. The line was actually there to piss off Motown executives who said they'd sign the band if they demonstrated more soul music influences on their next album.

because why would blacks care what a living muppet has to say?

Actually, the Motown thing wasn't until much later. Mark sent Hex to them when they were considering signing them because it was the only album he had at hand at the time. The line definitely isn't straight though, Mark has never written a lyric that is only a surface level statement.

Number of musicians to have played in The Fall: 66.
Number of black musicians to have played in The Fall: 0.

Literally who

I bet you're the kind of faggot that post and re-post that fucking Slint album and think it's actually good.....

I bet you shit on newfags all the time and called them plebs because they don't know you're shit music.....

Fuck I hate you

The man in the OP is the lead signer for "The Fall"

use your fucking google, while I get to your house to kill your mom and your dog

fucker
fuck I hate you

>reddit spacing

The only interesting "punk" was Television, Joy Division, Costello, The Ramones, The Stooges, Clash and The Cure. Fuck The Fall, fuck Weller and fuck all the other tryhard shit.

Oh and Buzzcocks had some o.k. tunes too I guess.

Probably in the same way we can read poets like Ezra Pound and novels by Kingsley Amis and Evelyn Waugh, we accept that although they make brilliant works of art, they might have some shitty views.. Also Mark E Smith probably shouldn't be taken literally. I've heard him sing about Stewart Lee on stage saying he wants to cut his head off but I suspect that he doesn't mean it. Take it with a grain of salt

aka the fall

WHY ISNT EVERYBODY MARXIST

PIL weren't tryhard m8, they were legit great.

I liked these most. Thanks.

i feel we have similar interests in things...
maybe this is an echo chamber

Well my feeling is that the almost anyone who is commenting upon this post is most likely going to be a preemptively middle aged 18-25 year old who probably owns a Blue Aeroplanes shirt. But yeah, nice to know I'm not the only one

This desu
Half of everything Mark says is just banter

the word "nigger" wasn't nearly as stigmatized back then

obviously it was still used as a racial slur but it wasn't exactly a scandal if a white person said it (especially if it was used in an indirect way)