What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_0V_xf3OQgM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Not enough quips. Not made by Disney.
Same reason any movie gets a low RT score.

Not understanding RT doesn't score things themselves, they just give an average based on all other critic's individual scores.

Grengrass is a hack

Gonna just go ahead and say it. I liked the first movie.

The second movie was shit compared to the first one. Cinematography was shittier and action was shittier as well. I was seriously so suprised by it that I haven't watched the third yet...

Mark Wahlberg looks like shit

And all the critics' reviews are paid for by Disney.
Your point?

>Bourne Legacy
What was even the point in NOT casting Matt Damon? Was it a time when gullible execs believed Renner was gonna become a huge action star hot off the heels of The Avengers?

How did it perform in the boxoffice?

Legacy > Supremacy
Didn't watch Ultimatum because Supremacy was just the same tropes as the first with extra shakey cam

About average. Looks like it will make money but not be a hit

He didn't wanna do it since Paul Greengrass had a fallout with the studio

So they made the Green Zone instead

2 > 3 > 1 > 4

It was really lazy compared to the other movies.

Really bad and cringy understanding of tech (somehow even more so than the original films)

Tommy Lee Jones is underutilized and just stands around.

Nothing is really cool or memorable except the Vegas chase and ending fight.

The shoehorned plot about his dad starting the program was really forced and felt like one of those "we have to have another movie!" things

Matt Damon and essentially everyone else involved felt detached and uninterested

For some reason Bourne is now a violent psychopath who threatens to kill people and shoots someone while interrogating them

The CIA woman felt forced at the end

It was OK. Not bad, not great, just OK.

Not worth seeing in theaters, but worth watching with pizza and beer at home.

>Nicky Parsons (Julia Stiles) hacks into the CIA mainframe to download all the files on its black operations, which sit in a Windows folder named "Black Operations."

Oh yeah, and that's not even the half of it.

>They're hacking our connection using SQL!

>The shoehorned plot about his dad starting the program was really forced and felt like one of those "we have to have another movie!" things

the plot details of this movie eluded so I assumed it was just more of the same, but this here makes me not want to see it ever, and probably makes Legacy a far more competent inclusion into the series in retrospect

He is a liberal progressive faggot.

RT

Yep, this movie is really really bad.
Because of it Matt Damon can now find roles only in Chinese movies.

It's really bad because they give Bourne another "hazy flashback that becomes clearer as the movie goes on" thing, but it makes no sense because at the end of Ultimatum he essentially knows everything. So it feels really forced. Basically Julia Styles telling him "just because you know who you are doesn't mean you know everything" in the trailer is the entire thrust for the movie, and it doesn't feel right at all.

I would have much preferred a plot like, the CIA is starting up a new Blackbriar program after some time now that all the dust has settled, and Julia Styles goes on a quest to find Bourne who is off the grid. So you don't even see him until like half an hour into the movie, and a good part of the plot is trying to get him to care about helping her.

They tried to do that in this one, but the writers just gave up by giving him personal motivation to care with the whole UR DAD WAS THE AUTHOR OF ALL YOUR PAIN JASON.

I think it was one of those ideas that looked good on paper but really shits the bed in execution.

I liked it, except the whole "muh privacy" shit.

They could have handled that so much better. All the dialogue with the not Google CEO just screamed "I'm a disconnected Hollywood elite that wants to be SO BRAVE and take a stand and everyone will clap for me at the Oscars".

Two words.

Tony Gilroy.

Seriously. That's all it took.

He wrote the scripts for the first three films, and following the disappointment that was Legacy, jumped ship on this. His script for Legacy was quite well received, and wasn't considered as one of the bad parts.

Greengrass never touched the script for Supremacy and Ultimatum. He wrote this script along with a first time scriptwriter.

It shows.

Oh shit, it all makes sense now. Thanks user.

worst camerawork of the franchise, and that's saying A LOT.

also worst script, and pretty much worst movie of the franchise as a whole

who gives a fuck about Bourne's dad and who killed him

How is Vincent Cassel as the villian? I've always liked his work

I would also like to know this.

Also, does he died?

bourne is so overrated, i never saw the rest, but i rewatched the first and it's dogshit, there's not a pretty shot in the enitre movie, why's it shot in such a shithole. literally zero motivation to watch the rest

>m-muh visuals, baby wanna see pretty pictures

would kind of kill the gritty atmosphere if it was shot in Hawaii in lovely wide shots

He's...okay?

He's more of a mercenary scapegoat for Tommy Lee Jones' character. He seems menacing enough, but there is not a strong emotional connection or developed interest in his character. He basically just reports to TLJ the whole time while doing mercenary shit.

>there's not a pretty shot in the enitre movie

have you ever considered that's the point? it's meant to be gritty and not exactly an appealing enviroment

I mean there's european cities that look nice instead of shooting it in chav alleyways

ya he ded

in a flashback it was revealed that he killed Bourne's dad and caused Bourne to volunteer into Treadstone

what a load of horseshit.

I kind of figured that. Bourne kills an asset in each movie.

Clearly the key to success is to have Matt Damon running on the poster

Bourne's story was done in Ultimatum.

This one felt like they took parts of Supremacy (Bourne in hiding, his gf killed) and mixed it with the revelation in Ultimatum (a new CIA program, how he got into Treadstone)

Add that with the worst camerawork ever, some overused "Facebook/Google watching you" cliche and you get this piece of crap.

Fucking hell at least Legacy was compelling enough with Aaron Cross losing his intelligence and needing desperately to find his drug.

Clive Owen's death in the field is an amazing sequence, and the car chase is shot fucking incredibly, what are you on about?

Saw it a few days ago. Ok film, but way too much action. It desperately needed some moments in between to catch some breath but never got any.

It also lacked an emotional anchor. Withouth the mystery of who he is, or the pairing of bourne with someone he cares about the movie just kind of falls flat.

Hard to make a good film wihtout anything to keep you emotionally invested.

Looking slightly to his right

Didn't know this. thanks.

Right, that's why stuff like John Carter of Mars, Lone Ranger, and other movies Disney spends millions on bomb? You seriously think Disney buys off every single critic from newspapers to the internet. See the thing is you don't have to pay for reviews if your movies don't outright suck.

>the first three movies
>made in the 00s

>two most recent
>made in the 10s, the era of social justice and le "toxic masculinity"

Legacy is underrated as fuck. It's better than both Supremacy and Ultimatum. Plebs are in love with Greengrass for some reason.

Identity > Legacy > Supremacy > Ultimatum > Jason Bourne

good taste

Did it bother anyone else that is STARTED with the really cool riot scene and and the girl dying then ENDED with some dumb Las Vegas car chase? Felt very backwards to me.

>20% WORSE than the new ghostbusters

RT is clearly flawed but

I didn't realize this movie got meh reviews until after I saw it. Meh, it seemed good to me.

Audience score is the same.

What about the part where the Somali actress hacked a laptop using a cell phone?

1>2,3,sidestory 3.5, 4

bourne never compromised agents, he gave all the info to the cia chick pamela landy in the end of 3 and she handled the leak and info by faxing it to whoever in a secure fax

It was full of cliched tropes that the other Bourne movies never indulged in.

The plot itself was rather lackluster, why would we give a shit now about his father when he was never mentioned before.

youtube.com/watch?v=_0V_xf3OQgM

Soon enough you will learn the meaning of "History Repeats Itself"

oh my god it's Jason Bourne

matt dadom

For me it was the retarded shaky cam. Took me out of every action scene.

So-so. And precisely, the movie offers nothing new. It's supposed to be exciting but it fails. Not a bad movie, but not a good one.

The main issue with Greengrass movies. If it was any other director, every critic would shit on him, but when Greengrass does it everyone looks the other because it's "his trademark".

I don't care if every time he uses shaky cam an African child gets fed. It's horrendes.

>Finals chase scene between Damon and Casal
>Casal is using an armored SWAT car and ramming through everything in his sight, Bourne is chasing after him with just a cop car
>suddenly the camera man gets an epileptic seizure.
>You can't see shit or understand what's going on
>This shit goes on for 10 minutes

I started browsing my fb after the first 2 minutes of shaky cam chase.

I actually enjoyed Legacy, was better than the previous 2. Renner pulled that ish off.

Agreed, I really didn't like that part at all.

Bourne series was never good and Matty D is a faggot.

I smuggled some vodka in the theater and was shitfaced drunk on the second half of the movie and I don't regret it one bit.