When will this shitstorm end? Are they going to kill themselves?

When will this shitstorm end? Are they going to kill themselves?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/FinnSkata/status/800028690767810560
twitter.com/finnskata/status/802967345119432704?lang=en-gb
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Liv is not taking it so well. She might literally commit murder-suicide.
She's really fucking angry and has basically been crying non-stop.

How is anyone surprised that hypersexual gimmick-rock fags lack self-control? I still like them, he's a creative guitar player

>she

people should learn to separate artists and the music. i listened to this band for the music not their stupid identity politics.

>she

I really want to fuck the guy on the left.

Looking at their videos and songs, i think they were about to hit it big, be like THE band for tumbler faggots. Calculating and exploitative of retarded tumbler sjw's it was.
But its pretty much all ogre now.
Cant come back now, their once small and growing fanbase hates them now, and the label dropped them.

Need to commit suduko or prove their innocence, and if they arent innocent, commit suduko

Finn Wolfhard from Stranger Things is a fan/friend of theirs. I keep mentioning this but nobody seems to think it matters.

Here are some exchanges they had on Twitter:

twitter.com/FinnSkata/status/800028690767810560

twitter.com/finnskata/status/802967345119432704?lang=en-gb

So to recap, a child actor is friends with a band named after gay sex slang one of whose members has now been accused of...

Liv Bruce is hot as fuck. I saw pwr bttm live and he was stunningly gorgeous.

I realize it doesn't actually matter in the scene they occupy, but has anything substantive come out?
Last I heard it was rumors from a few different sources but no person wanting to come forward and accuse him.

Yeah it's sad/hilarious, thats what they get for taking the easiest shortcut to fame I guess.

No, only twitter friend of a friend shit and someone anonymous in Jezebel. That's it. Those are the "multiple sources" some people like to mention.

The type of audience they cultivated are mentally ill sjw's that get offended at everything.
Thats why they burned out so fast.

You see a guy like chris brown, and his fans are women who like to be choked during sex lel

actually i think rock is going to come back, but as that faggy sjw shit, just to have people who can screech against trump.
I made that theory that rock comes back during a republican president because liberals are butthurt.

But looks like sjw rock died in the womb

would've liked to see them play live once before they disintegrated. wish this hadn't happened to them. internet casualties. hope liv at least has a modeling career ahead of her........

Sadly their identity politics are a huge chunk of their fanbase.

Wow why don't you wanna fuck the guy on the right?!? OMG ITS BECAUSE HE DOESNT LOOK LIKE A GIRL REEEEEEEEEEEE

>she

back to Sup Forums please

>is

It doesn't matter. All the assault cases that have come forward have been supposedly women. And the kid is like 15, I knew about the concept of tops and bottoms when I was that age and I also listened to rock music with way more sexual lyric content.

how do you know?

T-Rextasy said a victim messaged them months ago about it but they didn't feel like it was their place to share that person's story. And then Kitty Pryde made some vague comment about bands sexually assaulting people back in December and PWR BTTM messaged her out of the blue asking if it was about them so clearly they have some sort of a guilty conscious. Certainly not solid evidence, just facts to keep in mind.

gtfo

What the hell happened, I haven't visited mu for a week, what's all the ruckus about?

queer band whose gimmick was that they were queer pissed off the only people who cared about them cause the one who looks like a dude rapes people

>she

solidarity. this man speaks truth

just Sup Forums forcing another weak meme to distract attention as the Alt Reicht disintigrates

>HER

nice pic! you just destroyed MUH GENDER

>every post prove a point

autism

>she

It's amazing how little Sup Forums can care about a band until they're in the news and /po - I mean Sup Forums can complain about le SJWs.

Wait fucking really? That's random as fuck

Yeah it turns out unsubstantiated accusations of rape levelled towards a musician generates discussion on a music forum

Different user, but still the anount of discussion of this over other equally ignitable stories is pretty stupid

>A band I've never heard of and I can't name a song was accused of sexual misconduct? Let me tell you all about how all accusations are false and how SJWs are the worst! Trump 2020!

You probably don't even post here, mate.

>People are talking are talking about accusations of sexual assault with a level of skepticism? Let me construct a strawman of everyone doing so and label them alt right Trump supporters for no apparent reason! I'm a complete moron!

People like to gawk at a trainwreck

I could understand people going to creepy levels of investigation to prove that Gira was innocent because they didn't want their fav musician to be a sleezy guy, I get that.

What I don't get is looking at some random ass band you would never listen to in the first place (let's be honest, you'd probably make fun of them or call them fags in another thread) and be this dedicated to fighting for them - simply because they've been accused of violating women.

That's a level of creepy that I just can't understand. If you need to use any accusation for bands you've never heard of to complain about women and feminists, there's something wrong w/ you mate.

>creepy levels of investigation
The discussion on Sup Forums thus far has just been people asking for substantial evidence other than anonymous second hand accounts. If this is what you consider creepy levels of investigation then I don't really know what to say.
>and be this dedicated to fighting for them
Again, people asking questions on a welsh sheep sheering forum isn't exactly petitioning to have the guys name cleared.
>That's a level of creepy that I just can't understand
You're being completed hyperbolic. There might be something wrong with you if you consider basic questions and skepticism creepy.

Actually dude, in the real world people like you would be labeled creepy. If a news story is shared about a potential sexual abuse and you immediately demand "substantial evidence" of it, you'll almost immediately come off as a rape apologist.

But this also isn't a thread of PWR BTM fans innocently asking for evidence, these are threads of people writing ">she" and complaining about "SJWs" and digging for information. Not because they're fans of PWR BTM and want to clear his name, but because they want to "prove" that yet another sexual violence accusation is "false."

I can promise you that if someone told you a story about a rape case, you immediately demanded "substantial evidence," complained about SJWs and then went through anonymous posts to find "holes" in an accusers story, you'd be called a creep man. But I know that's normal behaviour on Sup Forums, so keep telling yourself that.

>(((SHE)))

>Actually dude, in the real world people like you would be labeled creepy. If a news story is shared about a potential sexual abuse and you immediately demand "substantial evidence" of it, you'll almost immediately come off as a rape apologist.
>Wanting allegations of a serious crime to be thoroughly investigated until a definitive outcome is clear = being a rape apologist
Do you know how fucking dumb you sound right now? Do you genuinely think any and all accusations of sexual assault should be taken at face value, no questions asked?
>But this also isn't a thread of PWR BTM fans innocently asking for evidence, these are threads of people writing ">she"
This is completely fucking irrelevant. If you're offended by shitposting I really have to wonder what brought you to Sup Forums in the first place.
>and digging for information
Again, blatant hyperbole. Asking questions is a natural reaction to such serious allegations, especially when they come from anonymous sources and second hand anecdotes.
>I can promise you that if someone told you a story about a rape case, you immediately demanded "substantial evidence," complained about SJWs and then went through anonymous posts to find "holes" in an accusers story, you'd be called a creep man.
I never complained about SJWs, but you can keep arguing with a strawman if you really feel like it. Also discouraging thorough and rigorous investigation via social pressure is flat out idiotic and a blatant attempt to silence any conversation other than the one you want to have, and "stop doing that, it's creepy" isn't a valid argument against legitimate questions. You're a fucking moron, user.

>Do you know how fucking dumb you sound right now? Do you genuinely think any and all accusations of sexual assault should be taken at face value, no questions asked?
No, because we are all people with incomplete information who will never ever have the full story... but we're also not on a jury convicting anyone of a crime. When you hear a story about rape or assault, you're not the judge, jury and executioner. There's really no moral reason for someone to feel so dedicated for clearing someones name. You don't have to take a position of demonizing the accused, but if your default position is to try to invalidate the victims claims... again, something creepy here dude.

> If you're offended by shitposting I really have to wonder what brought you to Sup Forums in the first place.
It's always hilarious to see people call me offended and tell me to leave the site because my differing opinion offended them. Do you want a safe space, hun?

>Asking questions is a natural reaction to such serious allegations, especially when they come from anonymous sources and second hand anecdotes.
Not just asking questions mate, just like Gira defenders weren't just "asking questions" You people troll through social media of the accusers looking for "inconsistencies."
It's also amazing how you only seem to have a "natural reaction to ask such questions" about bands you don't give a shit about/never heard of when it relates to sexual assault. Why don't any of you internet detectives investigate "second hand anecdotes" when it relates to theft or assault? Clearly you people have a motive here.

>I never complained about SJWs, but you can keep arguing with a strawman if you really feel like it.
You're right, you never did, but I was talking generally about these threads (which you are defending/taking part of) which do complain about SJWs.

>Also discouraging thorough and rigorous investigation
>thorough and rigorous investigation
wew

it happened like a day before their album got released
they were already getting pretty big, but they would probably get BNM and they would explode in popularity even more

>a blatant attempt to silence any conversation other than the one you want to have
>MUH FREE SPEACH
Bro, you can do your "thorough and rigorous investigation" all you want. Me criticizing you isn't me "trying to silence you" any more than your immediate defense of rapists isn't an attempt to silence rape victims. :^)

Who the fuck are these people and why should I care?

finn has decent taste in music hes been in a few pup music videos. whats the big deal here? im sure he doesnt support them now

I want to fug liv

>nobody seems to think it matters
because it fucking doesnt
hes just a famous kid whos into indie music

They're nobodies, but one of the members was accused of rape so now we love them and all women are lying whores.

>There's really no moral reason for someone to feel so dedicated for clearing someones name. You don't have to take a position of demonizing the accused, but if your default position is to try to invalidate the victims claims... again, something creepy here dude.
I'm not trying to clear their name, just asking for more substantial evidence. Nor am I trying to invalidate the claims. Please try to go one post without wildly exaggerating the situation.
>It's always hilarious to see people call me offended and tell me to leave the site because my differing opinion offended them. Do you want a safe space, hun?
No thanks. I'm not the one complaining about shitposts that are completely irrelevant to the conversation.
>Not just asking questions mate, just like Gira defenders weren't just "asking questions"
How so?
>You people troll through social media of the accusers looking for "inconsistencies."
There's that strawman again.
>Why don't any of you internet detectives investigate "second hand anecdotes" when it relates to theft or assault?
Show me a situation in which someone's career has been dismantled on the basis of accusations of theft or assault. I'd gladly question those accusations too.

retards
Gira got accused of rape and it didn't do shit to his career. Isaac Brock got accused of rape and it didn't do shit to his career. David Bowie literally admitted to fucking a 14 year old and people still worship the ground he snorted cocaine off of. PWR BTTM probably isn't even the first band in that scene to be accused of shit like this. You think Polyvinyl would drop their golden boys because of some Facebook screenshots?

People bailed out of their tour en masse within like 3 days of the tweets going viral and they got dropped by pretty much every venue/label/management they had. That's not "we're nervous over some social media screenshots so we're going to ditch one of the fastest-rising indie rock bands alive" behavior, that's "we have actual serious reason to believe this is true and could become a huge problem" behavior. I bet most of the people involved knew or at least had a guess and didn't want to say anything because they wanted to ride them until things got ugly. Why would Polyvinyl care about some evidence-less claims on Facebook? They could have done absolutely nothing and kept on selling their record like normal and probably made a shitload of money off it anyway but instead not only did they drop them but they started refunding people that bought it. What does that tell you?

I mean jesus do you guys really think any record label is that stupid? What more evidence do you want? Fucking first-person video?

Ugly Cherries is such a mediocre album.

They're a mediocre band to begin with that coasted off of image alone
It's 2017 being queer and playing music isn't that fucking brave anymore

At least they both look good.

>I'm not trying to clear their name, just asking for more substantial evidence. Nor am I trying to invalidate the claims. Please try to go one post without wildly exaggerating the situation.
"Substantial evidence," the kind you expect (e.g. video or confession), almost never exists in these kind of situations. Demanding "substantial evidence" in a case that doesn't even concern you a sliver is just a way to defend men against rape accusations. I'd honestly respect your position more if you could come out with it instead of this retarded "I'm just asking questions, man" thing.

>No thanks. I'm not the one complaining about shitposts that are completely irrelevant to the conversation.
If you think I'm breaking a rule, report me mate, otherwise I'll post what I feel like.

>How so?
They were looking through Grimm's social media for inconsistencies. They weren't "asking questions," whatever the fuck that means, they were looking for information to use against Grimm (and no, I'm not even making a comment on whether Gira did it or not, I'm saying you people take a default position of the accused being innocent and try to find any information to support it).

>There's that strawman again.
Really, 'cause I've seen people going through her social media...? Do you just shout "strawman" every time someone disagrees with you?

>Show me a situation in which someone's career has been dismantled on the basis of accusations of theft or assault. I'd gladly question those accusations too.
Show me examples of people whose careers were "ruined" by rape accusations... because almost every artist gets away with it after the initial shit storm. Is Gira destitute on the streets? Are people taking Bowie albums off the shelf?

The only time people have their lives ruined is when there's way too much smoke or way too much evidence against them (e.g. Cosby)

>Show me a situation in which someone's career has been dismantled on the basis of accusations of theft or assault
Show me a situation in which someone's career has been dismantled on the basis of accusations of sexual assault that were actually proven false

*pwrs your bttm*

This. One of the bands touring w/ them commented that they heard these stories going around.

It's kind of like the Cosby thing. There were stories about him going around for ages so no one was surprised when the accusations started making the news.

>almost never exists in these kind of situations
Yeah this
Do you just expect people to wear body cameras around all the time in case they get raped so that they can have video evidence?

>literally

>what is hyperbole?
>waah, language can never change
>as an armchair linguist, language is rigid
>stop using language that I object to!!!
>my feet hurt

it's a meme you dip

>basically

this
theres nothing wrong with not immediately not jumping to conclusions right away
but everytime something like this happens, the thread is full of people who immidiately assume its a false allegation

when Sup Forums accused a 60 year old guy who was dead from cancer for a few years of being the guy that punched richard spencer just from a few blurry images there was no one looking for "more evidence"

>almost every artist gets away with it after the initial shit storm. Is Gira destitute on the streets?
Gira didn't do shit, tho.

this is so crazy that it actually makes sense

I didn't say he did. I said he's not destitute from an accusation.

You know nothing about underground/diy rock

Well, he was right about one thing: a general dislike of Trump. The same could be said about most music scenes though including Chris Brown and his fans.

The guy is definitely someone who has never been to a live venue and just imagines a bunch of tumblr stereotypes talking about microaggressions or some shit.

>all their lyrics and music are about stupid identity politics
>doesn't listen to them for the stupid identity politics

okay, faggot :^)

Look at this delusional retard and laugh

I mean, I generally agree, but at the same time Swans, Modest Mouse and David Bowie didn't base their entire career off of promoting the current kind of social justice causes that make a huge deal about consent and whatnot. It's very easy to see why someone like PWR BTTM would be dropped with a lower burden of proof.

I don't think Gira raped anyone, but there's probably a portion of his audience that wouldn't even have cared if he did. That's obviously not true for PB.

>fucking

>tfw musicians who are actually good get a pass on rape allegations (Coil, Bowie, Swans)
>tfw shit musicians get dropped within seconds (PWR BTTM, Gary Glitter)

kek, it's like the musical version of karma

Lol "I don't like what you said but I can't prove your wrong so I'll just cry strawman, surely I'll win the argument then"

this

I don't think any Swans fans give a shit, especially older ones, same for other bands too. But when you base your band image on hardcore liberal lyrics and 'hey guys we're so gay!!" then fucking rape a woman then it pretty much goes against everything the band was supposed to stand for, hence the huge backlash.

>Bowie
>rape
Will the shitty memes never end?

But talking about sexual assault accusations with skepticism makes you an actual retard, there is a reason there is a sexual assault problem but not a false rape accusation problem, bc rape happens all the time and false accusations don't, crying strawman when someone refutes your singular shitty talking point is pathetic

I don't really understand the incentive of multiple people to take down a queer/social justice friendly band with false accusations either though. There are plenty of other "social justice" artists who aren't plagued by this stuff. I think most people in these types of communities would be thrilled with these bands getting big. The thing these people don't like are people who don't respect consent.

Wew lad your autism is showing through your whiney pol tier rage

>and

>The guy is definitely someone who has never been to a live venue and just imagines a bunch of tumblr stereotypes talking about microaggressions or some shit
That's everybody on Sup Forums
There's such a stigma against local music on this board for no reason. I've never been to a single local show that's anything like what people here describe. The worst bands are a just bunch of wannabe Mac Demarco slacker rock bullshit but that's really it, the only band I've ever seen get super political was a bunch of white dudes who sounded like Tame Impala

You're not wrong but the flipside of that is that they can turn it around and say "why would we do this?? look at how much we care about the community!!"
Plus as much as I actually think you're right in terms of their fanbase/public image I still seriously doubt Polyvinyl drops them that fast without a really good reason

I think people give a shit but Gira also has the benefit of having a career that's lasted decades so I think people are more likely to take his word at face value
He also IMMEDIATELY responded and was super emphatic about the allegations being false whereas PB's official response was unenthusiastic at best

dude fucked an underage girl, m8

Not that I care, still favourite musician, but there it is.

This is why I only listen to Angelic 2 The Core by Corey Feldman

chicks dig Corey and he seems to have a lot of consensual sex judging from the lyrical content of his songs

>Why are there age limits? why is it illegal to marry a 12-year old? Helen of Troy was 12. Juliet and Cleopatra were still teenagers when they became famous. Most heroines of classic novels and poems were underage by today's laws. Thomas Edison married a 16-year-old. Medical studies show that the best age for a woman to have children is between 15 and 25 (lowest chances of miscarriage, of birth defects and, last but not least, of the woman dying while giving birth); while the worst age is after the mid 30s. And the younger you are, the more likely you are to cement a real friendship with your children; the older you are, the more likely that the "generational gap" will hurt your children's psychology.
-Piero Scaruffi

BTFO

having sex w underage is rape by definition

he pays his angels pretty well. of course they're consensual.

besides, if corey tried to sexually assault them, most girls are much bigger than he is and would throw him off.

See

Dang, I wish i was Corey. It's always awesome to fuck a woman taller than you. For him that's every time.

Also, prostitutes are the best

...that's a dude?

yes

>was in the best movies from the 80's
>fucks women (more than one!) way out of his league
>makes chill music
>knows all of michael jackson's dance moves

I want corey's life

WHAT

>probably was molested as a kid and his music "career" is just some exec trying to keep him happy w/o throwing drugs down this throat

shes a trans girl

Yeah, Liv identifies with female pronouns but has no tits and a dick + ball combo, so...yeah, it's a really feminine guy in makeup.