Did he fly too close to the sun with BvS? Will he redeem himself with Justice League?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deborah_Snyder
theguardian.com/film/shortcuts/2016/aug/03/from-suicide-squad-to-batman-v-superman-why-dc-films-so-bad-zack-snyder
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

After SS, i think he is the only cape director i care about.

BvS was awesome.

He should go jump in the ocean and never come back.

BvS was almost perfect

he should stop before its too late

Why are there pictures like this?

Are there any other? This and the Peter Jackson one say a thousand words.

What is the Peter jackson picture?

WB is gonna fuck with it

they already are

He had a hard life.
It's from a video so there are better frames for sadness.

JUSTice League looks like every marvel flick

Prepare to be dissapointed

well, it looks like a marvel flick, but competently made.

>competently made

keep polishing that turd

>this passive aggressive butthurt
lol

>flew too close to the sun

more like got drunk and fell face first into a dumpster

Does Snyder have pictures of every exec at WB fucking underage taiwanese hooker?
I mean there has to be a reason he hasn't been fired yet.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deborah_Snyder

BvS was great

>I mean there has to be a reason he hasn't been fired yet.
WB's realization that they should probably stop interfering with directors.

Zach Snyder is to directing what Milla Jovovich is to acting

All of this.

BvS was fucking incredible

He didn't fly too good.

He actually kinda redeemed with BvS. It was a bizarre and incoherent film but almost dreamlike. When Bruce ascended to the light i almost shed a tear. If it wasn't for the bloated Apocalypse fight it would have been an 8/10

I wouldn't say incredible, but certainly not bad.

>incoherent
can you explain what you mean by this? I've seen this argument a 100 times and don't understand what anyone means by it.

>BvS previews
>Expecting a huge fight between B and S
>They fight for 7 minutes, the rest of the movie is pure philosophical kino and political/social commentary

>Justice League preview
>Quips and comedy, everyone pretending to be Marvel characters
>Expecting the same once the movie comes out

I expect Snyder firing on all cylinders, huge action set pieces, tons of fighting, all out warfare, all the while still triggering SJW and critics like he always does. A testosterone fueled finale to the greatest director of our times tenure at the head of a major studios product.

more like
>cgi clusterfuck
>flash quips
>more cgi clusterfuck
>ww quips
>more cgi clusterfuck
>big bad defeated
>quip
cut to credits

I doubt it, Geoff Johns is probably shitting up everything at every turn, there's no chris terrio writing either.

It'll just be a marvel flick with more attention to detail.

It wasn't very easy to follow through. But that's not necessarily bad.

did you watch the theatrical version? I thought the UE was pretty linear and simple to follow

>Prior to her career as a film producer, Snyder worked at the New York advertising agency Backer Spielvogel Bates. In 1996, she hired Zack Snyder to direct a commercial for Reebok, hoping to create a commercial with a cinematic feel. At the time, she was dating the art director of the commercial, while Zack Snyder was married. In 1997, Snyder served as producer for the television documentary Talk to Me: Americans in Conversation. In 2002, she hired Zack Snyder to direct a commercial for Soft and Dri deoderant in New Zealand. The couple began dating at the end of filming. In 2004, the couple became the co-founders of Cruel and Unusual Films alongside their producing partner Wesley Coller.
So Hollywood has a thing against women, yet a woman who went from hiring directors (basically talent HR role) somehow is a producer of a company that can fund Synder's shit? Also there's another producer in that company so maybe he's a small time billionaire since he doesn't have a wiki page.

Haven't seen the ultimate version. I will check it out later, even though it's capeshit batman v superman is this year's zeitgeist on film

JL is barely a snyder flick. If he was in charge aquaman would say some shit like "teach a man yo fish...". It's wn trying to shit an avengers but they are pushing so hard that only a bloody turd can come out.

The movie never explains how Luthor figured out Batman's and Superman's identities.

Also, why the fuck did he blow up Capitol Hill?

The entire movie prior, Superman is watching the news and listening to people chastise him, he gets a chance to finally address concerns and they just blow up everyone instead. Wasted opportunity.

>Also, why the fuck did he blow up Capitol Hill?

>Also, why the fuck did he blow up Capitol Hill?
Partially to pit Bruce against Clark, but moreso to prevent Superman from opening a dialogue with humanity, before that his whole persona was just the silent hero that would fly around saving people but nobody really knew what, why or who he was.

>The entire movie prior, Superman is watching the news and listening to people chastise him, he gets a chance to finally address concerns and they just blow up everyone instead. Wasted opportunity.
Holy shit, it's almost as if the explosion was meant to silence him at this moment where he was going to speak to the nation itself, and that Lex Luthor planned for that to further feed into anti-Superman resentment

Are people really THAT bad at watching movies?

no

He made Watchmen, which is objectively the best comic book film ever made.

When Justice League triggers psychopaths and gets a 10%, will WB can him? Who else could direct Justice League 2? George Miller is 100 years old.

The answer is yes, yes they are. Snyder even had Finch's speech be interrupt at the precise moment where she says, "Only by speaking," but even that wasn't enough for people to get the hint.

The movie had this confrontation brewing prior to the bombing with Superman confronting Batman telling him to bury the bat.

I see the preventing him from opening a dialogue reason, but it's convoluted either way and it robbed an opportunity for Superman to be humanized, which was desperately needed, I think.

Reminder that Critics are literally too dumb to get Zack Snyder

>theguardian.com/film/shortcuts/2016/aug/03/from-suicide-squad-to-batman-v-superman-why-dc-films-so-bad-zack-snyder

> but in retrospect, Snyder wasn’t being ironic. Snyder doesn’t do irony

Meanwhile, in Snyder's own words:

>“I feel like all the movies I’ve made have been born out of irony, in a weird way. Cinematic irony is the staple of the way that I make movies

> "I have an interest in and a love of movies that are self-aware ... I like movies that are constantly reminding you that they're movies, while immersing you deeper into the story ... I want to feel like in every shot of the movie there's irony ... And it's fun for me to play with the icons and the visual language of movies."

>That is why I like creating projects that are self-aware. In my opinion, the trick is being self-aware without becoming self-conscious, having an awareness of a project's roots, but not being stifled by the typical genre pre-conceptions.

If they aren't even capable of understanding a Zack Snyder film, how can they be trusted period? It's not a coincidence that Malick's last few films were critically lambasted. They're beyond the ability of most """""critics""""" to even appreciate.

>The movie had this confrontation brewing prior to the bombing with Superman confronting Batman telling him to bury the bat.
obviously, but the bombing was to help reinforce it.

Lex Luthor planned for that to further feed into anti-Superman resentment

>blows up Capitol Hill
>Superman hangs around rescuing survivors
>only a matter of time before everyone realized Superman wasn't responsible for the bombing

Pretty short sighted plan he had there.

>ywn have that retarded Rick and Morty tv remote so you can watch a standalone Batman film starring The Comedian as Batman and Rorschach as Joker directed by Snyder capekino

>The movie never explains how Luthor figured out Batman's and Superman's identities.
How are people still this stupid?

>Lex established as stupidly rich
>Lex established as being very clever and hating superman
>Lex established as knowing about the existence of the other meta-humans
>Lex established as noticing superman's fixation on Lois
Is it really that difficult to imagine Lex looking into Lois and seeing she has a boyfriend/co-worker who looks pretty damn similar to superman?
The only reason no-one else noticed was because they weren't looking for him. No-one else guessed that superman might have a secret identity. But Lex figures it out because he knows about the other meta-humans
"They walk among us!"

No, not really, he just hoped to rob Superman of his chance to humanize himself to humanity.

>I see the preventing him from opening a dialogue reason, but it's convoluted either way and it robbed an opportunity for Superman to be humanized, which was desperately needed, I think.

That's sort of the point of it, though - Superman coming to realize that trying to just let his actions speak for him isn't enough. He's been flying around playing superboyscout for two years and all it's done is allow people to paint him in whatever light they see fit.

In effect, it's him not having adopted a public persona yet, which essentially makes him Clark Kent cosplaying as Superman. That doesn't work because Clark's always been a sort of shy, retiring guy. Superman can't be that guy.

JL looks terrible with the third rate quips, it's going to be another pacing and cut trainwreck

Don't compare Malick to Snyder
Snyder has actual plots and construction. Malick just has pretty shots of trees and someone whispering over the top of 30 hours of random unconnected footage edited into 2. And because Malick has philosophy degree, plebs think his pretentious ramblings are in any way deep
The philosophy in Knight of Cups literally gets assblasted if you read any Nietzsche - and philosophy and theology has come a long way since Nietzsche

Using context clues, yes, it's obvious. However, we shouldn't have to resort to this with a MAJOR plot point involving the two other main characters of the movie. We want to SEE it. SHOW Luthor's moment where he discovers the fact.

We don't need to see Batman waking up in the morning and suiting up to go do shit because that's mundane and DUH. It's redundant. Showing Luthor putting puzzle pieces together on two high profile heroes ISN'T mundane. It would be an "OH SHIT" moment for the audience to SEE.

sexy as fuck and we watch there films just for them? then go home and masturbate over them?
is that what your getting at?

fuck you dc cuck, how dare you make sense of this movie i will not fucking have it, how dare you state facts about this film that retards have overlooked, i bet you suck synder dick

>It would be an "OH SHIT" moment for the audience to SEE.
Yeah, if you're a brain-dead retard who needs to be spoonfed every piece of information

Lex would've known both of their identities before the film takes place. So, chronologically, it would either need to be a flashback or take away so much tension in the first five minutes

Hell, it was blatantly obvious he knew who they both were as soon as Clark received an invitation to the charity gala.

>Yeah, if you're a brain-dead retard who needs to be spoonfed every piece of information

Yeah, being spoon-fed interesting and important plot points is for brain-dead retards.

That's all you'll see in it because you're a dumbass. You see that aspect of bvs was there so that the kids watching wouldn't get bored, but it seems that that's the only thing you go from the experience. Mmmm.

Something cool I noticed. In Metropolis' Library charity event, the capitol bombing is foreshadowed.

BvS was everything I wanted.

>Batman
>Superman
>Wonder Woman
>Watchmen Universe

34 years old. Male.

we learn them when we need to, in a semi-twist that instantly makes sense if you have the normal amount of chromosomes

Exactly, the whole "you should NOT pick a fight with this guy" was intentionally forced. Upon initial viewing, it seems like dramatic irony, a wink to the viewer. But of course, Lex already knew who they were and it was part of his theatrical image. The joke was by him for his own amusement
(this is also the first time it's hinted that lex might know who superman is since clark is specifically invited out of the blue)

You are a retard.

Explains why you like BvS

I laughed
But I felt bad about it so it's alright

Nice catch. It's also another example of Lex putting everything right in front of everyone's eyes and laughing at them for being to stupid to see it.

"Go on ahead, Mercy, Make sure no one takes my SEAT."

"I'm just here to provide testimony about how I offered to provide a deterrent but a certain junior senator from Kentucky shot down my import license. That's right, folks, the CHAIR on Superman's activities is SOFT ON SECURITY."

"You're going to be on the HOT SEAT in there, Junebug."

i dont understand all this defending of BvS. DC fans should be pissed about the retardation that is BVS.

I'm with you, superbro.

but why...? i liked it and you didnt. leave it at that and go to threads that you like

>BvS
>philosophy and political/social commentary
Maybe if you are an infant and have only read fucking comic books.

>too

Maybe if you watched it, you'd understand
Stop hating and let Snyder into your heart

just how many of these bvs apologists are memers i wonder.

> there's no chris terrio writing either.
wat I thought he wrote the script for justice league. there's no goyer involved this time

Batman's entire story is post-911 America.

>Traumatized by traumatic destruction by a foreign invader

>Resorts to torture and outright murder, compromising everything he's supposed to stand for by letting the ends justify any and all means.

>Vilifies his "enemy" based solely off where he's from and what he *might* do, allows his proximity to another traumatic event to justify seeing him as being guilty by mere association,

>A "wing" of his symbol behind him, looking red with blood.

Yep, all just happy coincidences. No message to be found here. Move along.

Just how many of these haters didn't see the film or are paid disney shills I wonder?

Oh, and let's not overlook the fact that he's buying into Lex's fear-mongering, hook, line, and sinker. Lex serving as the representative of the elite ultra-rich who only serve to benefit from pushing the politics of divisiveness.

I am not too good with the bible as I am not a christian. Can some one tell me how 5:14-15 and 17:31-51 blend in with the story of MoS and BvS? I read some of 17:31-51 and think it's similar to kal-el and zor-el teaming up to fight zod.

Jor-El*

Name one good Snyder film

all of them.

i willing to bet way less than the memers.

The classic "you just don't understand it"

>theyre letting him make another

Warner Bros need to fucking die

How could we name just one? They are all his children, they all deserve our love

My least favorite is Suckerpunch, but I still enjoyed it.

Yes and you didn't.

>Haven't seen the ultimate version.
OMG, pleb, please go watch it ASAP.

No it wasn't it had numerous faults including pacing,casting and bad story telling