Ask a Cuban-American anything

Ask me anything, and before you ask about the women then let me say the women are amazing and I have yet to meet one ugly Cuban girl that isn't drunk.

Also I'm a bit paranoid too, like off topic but a Trump supporter/ gun activist moved into my quiet neighbourhood. All's good but he puts a sign up on his porch saying " I'm heavily armed, any attempt to breach inside the home will be met with deadly force. " and his drive way has a rope in front of it so you can't even pull in to make a turn. I got my eye on him, I bet he's CIA.

chi

Why did you guys have to fuck up the Bay of Pigs? You would have done a lot of good for the world if you beat Castro.

Are you white and arrogant?
Did Castro took you father's company because it exploited people?

At the time we just overthrew Batista. We were afraid a second Batista would come if USA won, but we were also skeptical of Castro as he pulled a 180 turn during the end of the Cuban Revolution and said " Hey faggots guess what? We're Communist now! " and some guys said " wtf? " and those guys got shot, Che Guverre just left.

No I'm not white-arrogant. I'm Hispanic and my uncle is black. Also my mother grew up in poverty and my father got some military general as a father who served with Castro so he was rich.

So your family conditions improved under Castro?
Was it worse under Batista

Do you live in Florida?
Did you move to America after the revolution?
Do you have stories from that time (scarface style)?

Only for my dad it improved. Also it's kinda complicated, so yeah many things improved like for example the crime. During Batista's rule the Mafia was basically at the edge of ruling over Cuba and they would often break into your neighbor's house to fill him of lead or rob him, but Cuban Revolution changed that. But Castro ruined the education system by kicking out the well educated American professors that brought English and Spanish. Now did Cuba improve under Castro's rule compared to Batista? Yes it did, and so did my family. But did it ruin some things that were important for raising your child? Yes. The education system was fucked up.

>Do you live in Florida?

Well actually I lived in Louisiana as I got a visa from the American Embassy so I decided Louisiana. Later I moved to Florida when a family member got cancer and a good factory was in Florida, so I love in Florida now.

>Did you move to America after the revolution?
Not RIGHT after the revolution, I wasn't even born yet when it ended. I moved to America in 2001 July 25th.

>Do you have stories from that time (scarface style)?

Only my grandfather and uncle has stories. My Grandfather was a Cuban revolution fighter that fought with Castro as a teen, he told me that he'd wait in the bushes and wait for some Cuban millitary soldiers to expose themselves by walking outside on a balcony. Once they were outside in the balcony he'd take a shot and rush over to the dead soldiers, he'd take their weapons and repeat the process. He has an entire book about his experience.

My uncle threw some guy off a balcony and broke his back cause he wouldn't pay up.

My father fought in Nicaragua as what I assume a volunteer Cuban division. He'd had a run in with some US aided military, he'd fight like how the ISIS militia fought. He'd take cover behind a car and reach his ak47 high and start taking random shots hoping to hit someone.

Sorry I mean't doctor not factory, and I also mean't live not love.

Really cool, thanks.

But more people knew how to write and read under Castro, right?
Also did your healthcare improved?

>But more people knew how to write and read under Castro, right?

That's because more people got access to the education, but the issue was the quality of the education that dropped when Castro took over. Once you passed high school than there's nothing really to do with it, you got no future. Doctors are paid less than taxi drivers so you might as well become a taxi driver. So the problem was that there wasn't much to do with your education to improve your life. That's the main reason I moved.

>Also did your healthcare improved?

I'm not sure too much about 1959-1990, I heard it was pretty great healthcare during between that time. But when 1990 came when Castro was still in power the healthcare quality dropped really bad, there were many people that needed many help and Doctors were underpaid. But it's getting better now under Ruel's rule.

Are there still refugees from the Cold War in Cuba?

I'm not sure, I never even heard of refugees from the cold war in Cuba. I never even met one. So I'm pretty sure no or rarely any.

Cuba would have been awesome during the 50s. Little blonde white Cuban girls working the brothels. They would look like Josie Canseco.

>Historian Neill Macaulay also recounted his time in Havana: "The whorehouses I visited ... The girls, all teenagers, were dressed in shorts and halters. All were white and several blonde, though their eyes were unmistakably Latin. It was a place where American high-school and college boys of the 1950s came to relieve their sexual tensions in surroundings that were not forbiddingly foreign." This must have been what John Sayles had in mind in his novel Los Gusanos (1991) when he wrote of the "Casa de Rock, "where boys from the University of Miami would come to fuck little blonde Cuban girls who spoke good English and wore ponytails and blue jeans just like the little blonde girls they were afraid to fuck back home."

Oh yeah but it was harsh on the natives and the Mafia was on the edge of ruling over it, would I love to live in the 1950s in Cuba as an American business man? Hell yeah! But as my ancestors? NOPE!

Did you travel outside of Cuba?

Yeah I went to Italy and Spain.

Is there colorism(preference of light skin over dark skin) in Cuba?

Yes, but most of the white went to Florida. Holguin still has plenty of white Cubans. Good place to go for white girls of you are a sex tourist.

So people love you more if you're whiter than someone?

Did your ancestors own slaves in colonial Cuba?

Yes, and your family will be mad if you marry someone darker.

Pic: Miami Cubans.

How do you see Cuba's future going after Raul Castro steps down/dies?

There's nothing good about that whatsoever. Just straight up exploitation in every sense. A mafia run hellhole for working class Cubans.

What do you think about Dominicans and Puerto Ricans

When are you going back?

>Also I'm a bit paranoid too
no shit

do you live in Florida ?

The PRs like this they like; the NYC types not so much.

El GusANO, seƱores

Wow...that's very bad.I didn't expect this coming from a leftist country.

What are some good Cuban dishes?

ropa vieja

Are Cubans white?

Only the rich ones, like every LatAm countries

what do you think of Spain?

Some yes, like these, a typical Miami look. You also have black Cubans kicking ass in MMA like Hector Lombard and Yoel Romero.

Why the Cuban elite is all white?

>ropa vieja
>Cuban

Cuba was 80% Spanish before Castro chimped out

>What were slaves

Cuba was majority Spanish before Castro chimped out.Niggers and mulattos were just 20% of the population

They have always been in charge because they are descendants of the original Iberian settlers who first landed on Cuba. The blacks were brought to the island as slaves. The average brown Cuban is a mix of these.

What did you think of Castro's death.

i hate your isle and your people, kill yourself piece of shit.

Spaniards dont want to be associated with hispanics and you are like them m8

>But when 1990 came when Castro was still in power the healthcare quality dropped really bad
...they lose all that aid money from Mother Russia.
>But it's getting better now under Ruel's rule.
Cuba is finally forced to open up to the outside world.

Cuba had like four prisons in the 50s. Now it has over 40.