youtube.com/watch?v=VeVjEg4znQk
youtu.be/nDMBnJN-tHA
youtu.be/txloS7Wxx7k
youtu.be/N9YusBh4KIA
soundcloud.com/j0shcyrus/wonders-prod-by-mono
youtube.com/watch?v=itRWssMSuvw
youtube.com/watch?v=V2Vh9TrF9tw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Listening to McCartney II rn, I've always loved how it doesn't take itself seriously, it's shamelessly a McCartney album. His use of synths is really interesting, as well as the whole idea of this being a bedroom project

TEMPORARY

SECRETARY

Been getting more into noise rock recently, already had heard Lightning Bolt, Swans, Boris, Boredoms, Melt-Banana, etc but listened to Big Black and Afrirampo yesterday.

The most satisfying noise rock I found recently was Big Black, it doesn't have any of the freeform noise found in a lot of bands, but it's brilliant songwriting mixed with noisy music. It's not strictly noise rock whatsoever, but the album In Praise of Learning by Henry Cow takes a nice noisy approach to avant-prog, you might like that

I have literally just been listening to temporary secretary and Band on the run since yesterday.

i listened to At Folsom Prison this morning
and The Glowing Man for the first time yesterday seeing as i'm going to see Swans at the end of the month.

Thanks for the rec, user. I'll probably listen to it later today.

And yeah, Big Black doesn't really fit the typical noise rock mold but it was a rewarding experience nonetheless. I'll probably check out Albini's other two bands at some point.

Johnny Cash was a really good artist, I never really got into him though, what's his best album?

Rapeman is probably the most "typical" noise rock thing he made, I just think Big Black are a better band.
Decent choice lad, just don't neglect the rest of McCartney II mkay

listening to Carrie & Lowell live
holy shit

I fell in love with this album yesterday, and I don't know if I'll find anything as sad as this ever

I never did like that one as much as his other stuff, just boring compared to the rest

nine inch nails and queens of the stone age

best song on MII coming thru
youtube.com/watch?v=oP8BqCv38lY

Elvis Costello. He's Great.
Neil Young's After The Gold Rush. First of his albums I've heard. Not the kind of thing I usually go for, but it's really working for me. Favourite track is Don't Let It Bring You Down.
Also been exploring early reggae group Toots and the Maytals. Wonderful stuff. Highly recommend checking out their song 54-46 Was My Number, definitely my favourite reggae song.

I've been listening to this recent ICP song and wondering if they are secretly an actually good band because I like this song a lot.

youtu.be/9qnmeraL1Zg

This is a huge personal favorite of mine but I can't find anything else that sounds quite like it.

been digging this, scratching the itch for the more memorable Kyary Pamyu Pamyu and PC Music

Started listening to this recently. You guys know any other album similar?

Been sifting through my enormous backlog at the moment, just played Burial's self-titled for the first time, had no idea that's what dubstep used to sound like, pretty good. Also been listening to Big Black, the Olivia Tremor Control, Comus, Codeine, Duster, Low, Nirvana and the Libertines which I'd put off for years prior. Getting worried that I'll overdo things but hey-ho.

Have you just been listening to the EP or the whole album?

Opinion on Low? I've been listening to I Could Live in Hope a lot recently, dwfonitely one of my favorite albums

Really into sort of 60's pop (British and American), Shibuya-Kei, French pop, Tropicala, and Afrobeat of late

Whole album. That's the first image returned by google. Got any suggestions similar to that? I didn't know that I needed these.

Been having a blast with this. Easily the best Hip Hop so far this year.

I literally can't listen to anything, but nirvana. Why did everyone say they sucked? Jesus Christ I can't believe I was never gonna listen to them.

Ignore the ","

its been one f year and i cant stop listening to this song
the emotinal deepness is just too damn deep
its so magical and just takes away my breath everytime
youtube.com/watch?v=VeVjEg4znQk

still trying to figure out what's the deal with this one

do you have a link for this? can't find it in the archive

been listening to more Scott Walker than any human should, probably. Tilt, Drift, Bish Bosch are all masterpieces, 4 s/ts are all great, and his other albums are mixed, on a scale from the brilliance of Climate Of Hunter to the wretched low of Stretch

Check My Machine is insidiously catchy

Found it in Soulseek. Have a look over there

In the land where horses born with eagle wings
And honey bees have lost their stings
There's singing forever
Lion's den with fallow deer
And rivers made from wine so clear
Flow on and on forever
Dragons fly like sparrows thru' the air
And baby lambs where Samson dares
To go on on on on on on

[First voice] [Second Voice]
My fairy king can see things | He rules the air and turns the tides
That are not there for you and me | Ohh yeah he guides the winds

My fairy king can do right and nothing wrong
Then came man to savage in the night
To run like thieves and to kill like knives
To take away the power from the magic hand
To bring about the ruin to the promised land

They turn the milk into sour
Like the blue in the blood of my veins
Why can't you see it
Fire burnin' in hell with the cry of screaming pain
Son of heaven set me free and let me go
Sea turn dry no salt from sand
Teeth don't shine like pearls for the poor man's eyes

Someone someone has drained the colour from my wings
Broken my fairy circle ring
And shamed the king in all his pride
Changed the winds and wronged the tides
Mother mercury (mercury)
Look what they've done to me
I cannot run I cannot hide

They don't suck, they're just kinda a more digestible version of the various rock scenes surrounding them. That can either be a good or a bad thing depending on the individual, and they obviously work for you

I mean At Folsom is the only album I've heard of his and it really is good. may sound a bit faggy but you can really feel what the prisoners must have been feeling with these songs about escape and home

I guess it's the pagan atmosphere to the whole thing. I find Coil never really live up to expectations in terms of actual content, but the kinda vibe they went for is very interesting.

Discovering Serge Gainsbourg and all the yé-yé stuff. Where has this music been all my life?

ありがとう

try My Dead Girlfriend - Hades (The Nine Stages of Change at the Deceased Remains)
I've only listened to the EP of 日々のあわ so I don't know if this is a good rec, but it's kinda similar

Also maybe try Sayonara Ponytail - 青春ファンタジア
Its not that similar but you might like it

Only listened to I Could Live in Hope a couple of times so far, it really grew on me last time, find that slowcore works best at night time, been trying to get into the sub-genre. Been reading a lot of the lyrics that go with it and I do love how open it is to speculation (at least from what I've gathered) and gives a great degree of atmosphere, kinda comfy if somewhat depressing (in much the good way).

>love most of McCartney's post-Beatles work
>can't stand Band on the Run
it just sounds wrong. I can't describe it.

I know what you mean senpai, it feels like he lost his personal touch of his music. All the songs are decent, they just feel empty

Also the new Gas record

I listened to almost nothing save yé-yé in 2009. France Gall is my favorite of the singers, and I especially like her earlier, jazzier stuff. Of course, everything she's done with Serge is great as well.

youtu.be/nDMBnJN-tHA

youtu.be/txloS7Wxx7k

youtu.be/N9YusBh4KIA

Simon and Garfunkel is going great for me. It's a shame that they more recognize for their meme song rather than their entire discography.

Bookends is a fucking banger

s - i'm not as good at it as you

Listened to the whole Mc II, pretty good.

It came with 3 bonus tracks and the bass on them is very good.

soundcloud.com/j0shcyrus/wonders-prod-by-mono

Babymetal! they are full of awsome when you get over the weebfactor.

Pretty good, the vocalist can be pretty weak though, looking for some other house, jazz, electronic, ambient albums.

Just relistened to this

Not as good as their first but still quite enjoyable

Omens is extremely underrated despite being one of the lead singles.

If you liked the darker stuff on After the goldrush, i'd recommend Neil's ditch trilogy (Time fades away/Tonight's the night/on the beach). Alternatively, Harvest is quite a similar record to ATG, but a bit more fleshed out (There're full blown orchestras on songs that would have just been Neil and the piano/guitar on ATG).

If you wanna hear a lot of After the goldrush stuff but in a live setting, check out Live at Massey Hall, one of the best live albums ever, just neil and a guitar/piano.

I've listened to S of course, I meant something that sounds like it from someone outside of the band but still, thanks.

Been listening to different stuff, my music of choice changes with the seasons but this spring I haven't found anything particular yet...

everything from youtube.com/watch?v=itRWssMSuvw

To youtube.com/watch?v=V2Vh9TrF9tw

it's okay