What do you think about gold?

What do you think about gold?

I think it's Au-right.

great for semi conductors, worthless otherwise, unless you're a joo or dumb enough to attribute inflated value to shiny and pretty things

>All that is gold does not glitter

Gold and bitcoin are my favorite holders of value.

nice phrasing nice job user

its pretty great

Better than silver, not as good as copper.

Copper is objectively the most attractive metal to look at.

I wanna shove a bar down my asshole but it's too expensive so I stick to bricks.

>diamonds are not the prettiest and best metal

fucking pleb

It's yellow

No it is gold, my man

>falling for the diamond meme
Bitch please, everyone knows opal engagement rings are cheaper and better in every possible way.

useful for diversifying purposes in a portfolio. holding more than 1% of portfolio worth is probably retarded unless you're a goldbug

other than that, useful in electronics and pretty

No. It's yellow
Cornflakes are gold

Are you sure, my dude?

gold was chosen in ancient times as money because of its properties.
1. it does not rust
2. it does not react with other materials
3. there is enough of it to go around, but not too much
4. comes in pure form and there is no need for complex processing to get it out (like you have to do to get aluminum out of bauxite for example)
and a few other things.

Considering the sheer amount of practical uses, I would argue that copper is a much better metal.
Gold is used mainly in small amounts (electic circuits for example) whils copper can be used in countless ways in both large and small quantities.

Solid gold has a very attractive quality. Some people spend there whole lives trying to create the feel that they are important by coating everything they own in gold.

It's because it's so gloriously bright in colour.

Looking, fuckface. It Has gold on it's fucking name. Gold is yellow. The end

>Im not your dude, fella

Fucking normie

>money is worth something

no its not. only the value others attribute to it.

gold is shit. its heavy (well dense) extremely soft (you can fucking bite it) and has no real use other than ascetics and its electrical properties.

>joo detected.

oh stop it you

Very tacky, Can be fucking cute as toenail polish color if a cute girl wears it, but it's almost exclusively used by ugly old hags.

Otherfag here. As i can't argue with evidence you have provided, how could you possibly justify gold not beeing the colour gold? Is the ocean not wet?

and it's gluten free in case you're intolerant to that.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Just because it looks ugly on girls doesn't make it an ugly metal.

You are right about the cornflakes, my brother, but gold is not yellow. I think it is gold, my comrade.

This thread is a fucking cuckfest.

>Gold is shit and you are shit

no the ocean is dry.

water is wet.

that's why we call it the fucking ocean and not big water

no the ocean is dry.

water is wet.

that's why we call it the fucking ocean and water ocean

Why does anyone even buy that shit? Seriously, what a great way to piss all your money away for literally no valid reason at all.

aborted

double aborted

So what metal or mineral do you think is superior?

tungsten obviously

galium

diamonds. the hardest metal in the world

see

no osmium because it's the densest

Sure. I do think it makes for good jewelry, but some people just take it too far. I mean, some people eat gold flaked foods just to shit it out.

It's not if you wipe it with towel
I chipset this picture, cuz i knew this thread is crawling with faggots

But I'm celiac.

truly the hardest of all gases

I think it's work a lot of money because people are plebs. It's not super valuable in an industrial sense. When the gold bubble finally bursts (probably not until after we start mining asteroid belt 100 years from now) silver will be worth more because it's actually more useful as a conductor. Gold is good for plating silver for anti corrosion but that's about it.

At least they can finally settle that shit once and for all and prove that they can actually shit gold.

Makes good jew bait.

it's what's known as a gimmick. Makes poor people feel rich for a night.

Thing is, it's exclusively poor people who drink that shit.

Silver, palladium, platinum, chromium, tungsten, copper, hell even steel is more useful than gold.

that's my point.

Jokes on you. Maybe thats why everyone thinks you are a faggot

In terms of usefulness, Aluminum and/or Carbon.

>he doesn't invest in gold pressed latinum

Gold would be the most useful metal if it weren't so valuable. It would be used for its conductive properties in everything from circuit boards to power lines.

First of all I'd have to say that you'd have to be pretty stupid not to want to survive and live in that beautiful, irradiated Garden of Eden that we'll be living in after cataclysm, but it's only gonna be that beautiful if you do prepare.

Now a lot of people think you can just take a couple hundred gold Krugerrand, throw it in a sock and they're prepared but lemme tell you something buddy: you can have all the gold in the world, but you can't eat it after cataclysm. And all that gold is not gonna buy you freeze-dried wheat, freeze-dried ice cream, freeze-dried chips, freeze-dried pop, all the kind of freeze-dried foods that you need.

Copper is dirt cheap in comparison, and can be used in a lot of ways. You can make batteries out of it to power lets say a radio after a fallout.

Bought a bunch during the dip, when the price jumped back up, sold it off for a tidy little profit. Silver is good too if bought and sold in large quantities, though the price on it is a bit more volatile. Either way, metals are great if you are smart about how and when you buy them, otherwise, stick to paper funny money.

>Gold is good for plating

This, and foil. And gold plating is nearly monomolecular, while gold foil is tens of atoms thick, and those being nearly the only uses (albeit gold is *really* good at what it does as plating and foil) the amount of gold actually needed for industrial use is literally infinitesimal compared to that used for aesthetics.

Those talking about asteroid mining for gold btw should read up on the subject -- that's about the least cost-effective thing to mine up there.

The main problem is; can you protect your gold?

People will always want gold. There will always be a 1%.

Bury that shit, it won't corrode to a meaningfull degree.

Gold makes great electrical contacts that aren't prone to corrosion. It's also nice to solder gold plated circuit board pads.

I like that it doesn't corrode under STP.
The color is "meh."
It's a hedge against rampant inflation.
It is not a relatively profitable investment.
It is overpriced.

Also a great chance to become a pirate

Magnet implants, motherfucker.

I'm gonna dig up all yo gold.

Gold isn't magnetic....

But it's a metal tho.

Only reason to invest in gold is right when the bubble crashes (because Americans are morons and will start planning for the apocalypse again in another 10 years -- obviously it's a long-term investment with only 3:1 returns at best) or if you get inside info on an upcoming invention that will be ubiquitous but requires solid gold (not plate or foil).

your retarded....
he does even know....

you'r're

When we start mining asteroids, planets moons etc. it's going to be quite worthless.

I hope you aren't implying that it will happen in our lifetime. Engineering has a long way to go to catch up to quantum physics.

Our Moon: Yes
Planets: Possibly (even if it's only to be self-sufficient i.e. not sending it back to Earth.)

This is all you need to know about gold as an investment tool.

Gold is a commodity that is often used as a hedge in the event of a slide in the market. It's value is usually inversely proportional to the stock market. Gold often goes down when the market goes up. Gold often goes up when the market goes down.

The take-away is buy when the market is up, sell when the market goes down.

When both precious metals and the stock market go down together, bad shit's afoot. Sell everything fast and hold on.

Even mining planets in our own solar system at a profit is extremely unlikely in the next century. We'll be lucky to be able to even travel that far.

I didn't say at a profit. I meant as a means to sustain a project on a planet.

you are