The I.L.Y's - Bodyguard (2017) [MP3: 320]

The I.L.Y's - Bodyguard (2017) [MP3: 320]
>experimental rock, lo-fi, death grips side project
sample: youtube.com/watch?v=BEXh7uZNWAQ
link: mega.nz/#!Q5RByK6K!WgWDKXTvM-XZB5CwtEmmVuw0NZPgnA0bMtyciHiGagc

thanks

OP here (maker of that one idles-fronted sharethread) letting y'all know that this is legit.

Is this official or is it a leak

leak

man

when did this leak?

just a couple hours ago, according to HIL.

Hill's trajectory seems to be making more and more traditional music with every project. I'm not saying this is a bad thing by any means, I think he's a master at blending experimental sounds while still being accessible and catchy.

I do hope this grows into something interesting rather than just getting more and more accessible.

It's not a leak, idiot. They digitally distribute all their music for free.

It wasn't due to be released until tomorrow which means this is a leak.

Damn, I've kind of lukewarm on the tracks they released for this thing, but that opening track was pretty fucking good.

Andy, can u pls give us the FLAC?

wait till tmrw

Sweet, cannot wait to hear this

waiting for the pre-order. think they'll be a super limited pressing?

thx andy

Can someone tell me what the fuck I'm looking at on this cover? It seems to be a pair of sunglasses half-buried into a circular pile of dead cockroaches.

Looks like straw rope.

I wish I could relate to Zach's visual art sensibilities, but it looks like shit to me, the music video for Gargoyle and Bobo was real bad too.

Will zach ever go back to making 10/10 math rock?

Is it good???

I wish I had the lyrics for the three albums.

Album name bls I like mathrock

hella

Worst ily's album imo. Maybe I need to listen to it a couple more times for it to click.

Good god Sup Forums is such a newfag infested shithole now.

Ty

Get a life nerd

People have been mentioning this for a minute now, but this really does sound like summer joyride music. More conventional than their last two, by far.

How do you like math rock and not know hella?

have to agree, only liked the first track

Conventionalism is irrelevant.

Conventional is the experimental. Experimental is the conventional.

man the mixing on this is bad. Didn't have a problem with it on either of their previous albums

>Conventional is the experimental. Experimental is the conventional.

lolno

t. never listened to the fall
I bet you think you're special.

I see two posts here

One is someone eager to discover new music, and not to get too assumptous but probably also eager to talk about it

The other is a bitter faggot trying to shut down any discussion because he's somehow developed an elitist attitude over browsing the toilet of the internet before somebody else did.

Go back to r.eddit and or tumblr.

the fuck does that have to with anything

one artist/album is supposed to prove me wrong?

Quietly Being The Best is kind of beautiful actually, really like the hook.'

What is there to prove wrong? You think you're special because you think you like experimental music when you're supposed to realize everything is just music. People like you treat it like a fashion accessory.

>You think you're special because you think you like experimental music

no all I'm saying is that you're wrong about experimental being conventional

most music is conventional. conventional is what's popular. conventional is what sells.

mildly experimental music often gets critically acclaimed on release, but genuinely avant-garde music is usually not recognized until long after release. critics only like experimental to a certain extent, for critics like Fantano or P4K to praise an "experimental" album it still has to be within a certain relative accessible context.

oh fuck off with that shit you fucking fat fuck.

This is good mussic

Really? For me it's the opposite, I love their visual art

Thank you

BUMP
THIS ALBUM IS THE TITS

Scum > Bodyguard > True Love

Scum With Boundaries is one of my fav rock albums from the last year or two. Right now Bodyguard has a lot of great tracks but some of em feel one dimensional to me. Still enjoying it though.

Stop posting

ily's debut is better than either

ily's first album was good fun but not very dynamic imo. scum is explorative and more interesting melodically. I can see you liking their debut more if you like bygones thougg.

no one cares about your arbitrary rankings

I will discuss music all I want on this gay ass music board and you can't do anything about it little boy

Man this is boring. These songs feel like they've been done a million times before over the past several decades and the production does little to help that.

Yeah, I loved True Love and Scum was pretty good, but this was just fucking dull. One album a year might work with Death Grips but they clearly don't have enough ideas to justify it with this project.

I loved early era Death Grips visual art, like Exmilitary, The Money Store, No Love Deep Web, Government Plates

Ever since GP it's been shit. I don't even love GP that much, but I can respect it.

I'm feeling the exact same way. I'm guessing that DG fans aren't the target audience.

First of all the guy could have took a few seconds to google "zach hill math rock" and would have found out about Hella pretty easily
Secondly Hella aren't exactly 2obscure4u especially if someone is into math rock already, the guy deserves shit for needless spoonfeeding

This board was best when it was elitist and encouraged lurking.

>Ever since GP it's been shit

I don't know, I think the Bottomless Pit cover art was really cool.

This sucks so much

It doesn't matter. You can listen to early Beach Boys and Cecil Taylor in one session because music is music. Stop categorizing everything.

Have you fucked off yet, newfag?

>the realization that Stefan must be the one doing the bulk of the visual artistry for Death Grips

This album is pretty bumping imo. Honestly I understand why some people don't it, and I get it too some of the tracks are kind of boring to me. But that's overshadowed by my favorite parts of the album. I see this as an album kind of similar to NOTM , in that you need to listen to it all at once to kind of enjoy the whole album. The way Well Known People Want to Know flows into Gargoyle is fucking dope too.

>dude genres don't matter bro, it's all just MUSIC, maaan

fuck off, go smoke a joint or something

Kill yourself you fucking teenager.

I'm 28 fuck off

zach here
enjoy the album

So you just have the brain of one.

zach here
thanks man

yeah I have the brain of a 28-yo thanks for noticing

zach here
no problem

zach here
nice trips

Don't you talk about NOTM like that.

Up My Sleeves, Billy Not Really, Black Quarterback, Have A Sad Cum, and Voila are all excellent DG songs to just listen to alone or throw in a playlist

It looks like a circle of corn husks with sunglasses.

I Love You Man is pretty damn catchy, gotta admit

zach here
thanks man

This Is How It Is Now a best.

>go back to

If you thought someone saying an album works well as an album was an insult then you're a dingus. And he's right, it works best as a singular piece of music.

Well Known People Want to Know is the best

Where's the hq version tho

what user was responding to wasn't that the other user said NOTM works as an album; it was that they said the tracks don't work as stand-alone pieces
please try not to strawman in the future

this is enjoyable

Quietly being the best is my favorite track.
That chorus man

I like it. It's fun.

This is no bueno

They really dont, its all just clever marketing

you are word salad

Fuck off Kurtis

Gargoyle, I Love You Man, The Studio are super fun tracks.

nothing exciting about this record though, pretty big step down from Scum with Boundries. I wanted this band to go down a more experimental route, not the other way around. Oh well, it sounds good and is pretty fun, but ultimately shallow and not something that feels worth revisiting.

zach here
stay noided

I think it's decent for what it is, but Gargoyle and I Love You Man felt way more toned down compared to the rest of the album. Wash My Hands Shorty and The Treatment are the really fun ones imo.

Now that the I.L.Y.'s are out of the way, whatever they have planned for Death Grips feels a lot closer.

dude, wtf?

this is their best work so far yah fukn dinguses

thanks

This sucks balls

My bets on Andy leaked it

zach here
i love you man

ANSWER HIM ANDY

wtf this is really good

facebook times rock in opposition, i fucking love iiit