Reports say studio meddling resulted in signoificant changes to Suicide Squad

Summary
> David Ayer directs Suicide Squad , intending it as a dark and serious film
>BvS releases , gets lambasted because of its dark and sombre tone
>WB upper brass panics. Tell Ayer they need to make Suicide Squad more fun with pop music and funny quips
> They do extensive reshoots and editing to rework the film

io9.gizmodo.com/report-warner-bros-turned-suicide-squad-into-a-mess-i-1784760580

Ayer seems to be standing by the final cut so maybe it isn't so bad.

He's coming. Can you feel it.

>OP posting a horse

Are you trying to summon him?

Did these changes include scrapping Harley's thick accent?

Saw this thread on Sup Forums, still don't care, grimdark is still a shitty storytelling method.

Ding ding ding ding?

So stupid of WB.

This is an example of them following the leader in ways that they really shouldn't and being unable to look at their IPs and being able to tell what may work for one, may not work for another.

But a grimdark film has a chance at being half good. An extensively reshot , confused film has no chance of being good.

First Joker photo released
>That's not what he really looks like guys.
>They aren't that stupid, it's just a promo
Joker design confirmed
>It fits in perfectly.
>Stop sucking Ledger's dick!
>It's growing on me.
First trailer hits
>That's just a sample, the rest of the dialogue won't be so bad.
Confirmed all funny scenes were in the first trailer
>you just can't handle anything that isn't dark!
>le quippy meme babies!
Reshoots rumored
>Everything has reshoots! It's no big deal!
Reshoots confirmed to make it funnier and change the tone
>It'll be fine! They do this all the time with every masterpiece to completely redo tone from the ground up
Review embargo
>These happen all the time, doesn't mean the film is bad
Review embargo drops, movie is shit
>You can't just accept that this is great!

I'm sad the denial is in the final stages.

This is why Barneyfags deserve death

Shh. Just let it happen

Wow, it's almost as if a movie about super-villains on a black ops suicide mission should be darker than a movie about Superman and Batman having their first team-up.

Excessive reshoots is always a bad sign.
Rouge One will suck for the very same reason.

huh, I didnt know it was possible to move an entire thread to another board like this.

They did say most of the reshoots for Rogue One was dialogue based. Expect 200% more quips.

Seriously, they've been backpedaling every step of the way

Then again, when you've been cucked as hard as DC fans, what choice do you have? They're desperate at this point

To me, a fan would be even more pissed than a casual for WB/DC fucking things up.

What exactly are they a fan of exactly anyway? MoS?

>being this new

This is why Barneyfags need to be killed

>Ayer seems to be standing by the final cut
of course he is, he'd get blackballed if he didn't

>Ayer seems to be standing by the final cut so maybe it isn't so bad.

For those who didn't see it - it's Green Lantern tier shit, even worse to the end.

I'm not new, I've just genuinely never seen a mod move an entire thread from one board to another with all the posts intact. Usually they just delete it if it belongs on another board.

This is why Barneyfags need to be killed

>water is wet
Gee that's very surprising that shitty editing was the result of studio meddling with the footage and reshoots

Happens all the time, a mod moved a GG thread from Sup Forums to Sup Forums before.

Barneyfag? You guys summon him on Sup Forums too?

No, not really.
This thread just got moved from Sup Forums is all

This is exactly why they didn't get.
"I won't kill you this time, motherfucker, consider it mercy" should be a line coming out the mouth of one of these mercenaries, not fucking Superman.
Obviously you can't expect Zack "I think making things edgy, gray and loud is good cinematography" Snyder to know how to build the proper tone for a Superman movie, but now these idiots have proved he's not the only completely clueless one in the studio. Now that I know it was't just Snyder making these movies awful, I won't even try to watch any more of them.

Bullshit. You've probably been here for 6 months or a year or two and think you're not new. It's impossible to have never seen this happening and not be new.

I meant *what they didn't get.

>tripfag

shouldn't you be watching Sup Forums, they're probably baiting you over there

A grimdark superhero movie has exactly 0 chance of being good. I'm disappointed the grimdark version didn't release though, because we'd have some truly atrocious capekino on the level of the memetic bane movie.

A movie is not good if it's not "fun".

When will this meme end.