/talent/

How many instruments can your favorite artist play?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UsZTQjsqiXI
youtube.com/watch?v=Jjr3BQKAaA8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>playing many instruments = talent
Yeah, and Sufjan makes shit music with each of those instruments

I mean yeah, playing instruments takes more talent than mumbling over a simple beat someone else produced like Lil Yachty or something...

what makes Sufjan's music shit, to you? I like it, I think he does a good job recontextualizing the innovations of classical minimalism composers in popular folk music.

anybody can play any instrument

>He's talented compared to Lil Yachty
My turd is talented compared to LIl Yachty and probably could come up with better music than Sufjan

>he does a good job recontextualizing the innovations of classical minimalism
Like fuck he does. He writes sappy, generic acoustic songs. Name one song in which he does that

youtube.com/watch?v=UsZTQjsqiXI

there is not a single song on this album that is only acoustic, same with the albums Illinois (full of orchestration, which he does all himself) as well as Age Of Adz (full of experimental electronic production, which, you guess it, he does all himself)

le bumpu!!

I don't consider someone able to "play" an instrument unless they can play several compositions from the classical/traditional repertoire for the instrument OR improvise a competent solo over a jazz standard

it honestly looks like he's just trying to show off.
is he actually good at these instruments? cause I wouldn't say I can play the piano, but I could easily train for a day or two and record myself playing a few riffs.

tambourine? layout? design? recorder?

fuck off.

Being able to play a simple melody on an instrument doesn't equate to being able to play that instrument. If that's the case I can play over 30 instrument. Also, once you learn a basic instrument in that specific family you can pick up other instruments in that family within a few hours, but it doesn't mean you can 'play' them

just because you invented your own autistic definition of what playing an instrument actually means doesn't mean you are right

and Sufjan obviously has more talent than just being able to play some simple melodies, for christ's sake listen to some of his fucking music

his music is quite simple and mostly consists of very easy melodies

his string arrangements are perhaps the most complicated aspect of his work

The most talented band I can think of is Tama.

All of them play multiple instruments, sing and write excellent songs.

youtube.com/watch?v=Jjr3BQKAaA8

check out that mandolin part

>doesn't play a single instrument or know anything about music theory

the way that you keep using the word talent tells me you have no experience with music beyond listening to it as a consumer

composition>technical ability

user's not being an autist, you are

this is Sup Forums, we're all autists

admit senpai, he meh asf. you're just some homo that thinks with his boi pucci and mistake his looks for talent.

why not both familialerah?

>he hasnt listened to age of adz

I'm not gay, I like him for his music