APOLOGIZE

forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2016/08/04/suicide-squad-box-office-a-strong-8-1-million-overseas-launch

Other urls found in this thread:

entertainment.ie/cinema/news/Suicide-Squad-pulled-from-major-Mexican-cinema-chain-as-reports-of-behind-the-scenes-panic-emerge/383825.htm
my.mixtape.moe/uhkisu.webm
my.mixtape.moe/algitu.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=zXwfYniTKsc
imdb.com/title/tt1386697/releaseinfo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm sorry Scott Mendelson touched you.

Based
>Le reviews
>how will their careers recover
>just

The movie will end it's run with a decent amount and life will go on

CONFIRMED KINO

>The most absurdly marketed film in months does OK on day one
And?

marvelfags on SUICIDE watch

It's not even out yet worldwide, it opens tomorrow.

Warner Bros DC Universe is the new Transformers.

>autism

N-NOT FAIR

It will play exactly like BvS. Strong opening weekend and then tanks after that, ending up as not a complete flop but a disappointment

>A-and
>I-I-it will flop right?

Loving every minute

>moving goalposts

I'm sure that's marvels job

Are we still using the "BvS flopped" meme? How many gorillions did they spend in marketing again?

It didn't flop but it wasn't the huge return on investment they wanted it to be

I'm sorry you're a neet DCuck who doesn't understand the concept of rate of return

No I get it, it was a bad investment and that's why they are doing like 5 films more with the same budget

NONONONONONO
NO
NO

entertainment.ie/cinema/news/Suicide-Squad-pulled-from-major-Mexican-cinema-chain-as-reports-of-behind-the-scenes-panic-emerge/383825.htm
DC is finished!

>does ok

BvS opened worldwide,this didn't. They are different cases.

KINO CONFIRMED
my.mixtape.moe/uhkisu.webm

X-men Apocalypse literally broke records in some international markets ahead of it's domestic release. A strong showing in a couple WB hand selected foreign markets means almost nothing.

These were all greenlit before BvS underperformed, idiot. They were sure that BvS was a definite billion+ hit

Did you just ignore all the news of executive meddling in Suicide Squad because they were terrified of another underperformer like BvS?

Marketing's been insane. I live in a third world spichole and there are posters under the bridges where drug addicts live and where people throw garbage. Still expecting a similar situation than BvS's though.

Yup. Once all the pre-bought/given away tickets dry up, it'll drop fast and ugly.

Then again, it has zero competition.

How much was the budget?

Man you're desperate for this to fail.

>8 million profit
>from a 8 billion budget movie

JUST

don't post my wives ever again

they only fired some people and demoted some people and changed who is the head of DC

but lets believe that WB was totally fine with the shit money they made on bvs

Dropping webms.

Song?

I really don't care if it does. DC will still keep making movies.

Just pointing out the obvious. One thing it has going for it is very little competition.

Suicide Squad is already enjoying some success overseas and has managed to break a few records in one territory in particular.

The villain ensemble film brought in 8.1 million on Wednesday in 7 markets, which included South Korea (via BoxOfficePro). In that market alone the film earned $2.9 million on 732 screens. That ranks as the biggest opening day of all-time for a U.S. film, and it happens to be Will Smith (Deadshot) and Margot Robbie's (Harley Quinn) biggest debut in the country as well. For Warner Bros., it's the second biggest opening in South Korea for one of their films, and it sits fourth on the list of biggest superhero film debuts.

Not a bad accomplishment list from just one place, but it also brought in $2.7 million in France and claimed 53% of the market share there. In Sweden, Suicide Squad debuted to $564 thousand on 147 screens, and also took 53% of the market share. Today the film sets its sights on Russia, Australia, and Brazil, and will debut in North America tomorrow.

Early critical reviews of Suicide Squad wouldn't be best described as kind, but that hasn't seemed to effect moviegoers attitudes towards the film. If anything, people are more curious than ever, even as the film sits at a 29% rotten rating on Rotten Tomatoes.

the fuck are her tits?

Kehlani - "Gangsta"

>the fuck are her tits?

Virgin detected

Batman v Superman had no competition either and it still took a fucking nosedive in its following weekends

if Suicide Squad is as bad as critics say we might see another huge drop

Too dark wtf is even going on? He lays her down, feels her pulse, SHIT GOES COMPLETELY BLACK, then she starts smiling and then he looks mad as fuck?

Kehlani, Gangsta.

she reached up and pulled him in for a kiss, she was faking, think the lifeguard scene from Sandlot

>tfw full song isn't out yet

Suicide Squad made more than double than BvS in only seven markets, one day and with a cast of fucking nobodies though.

The fact that there are a lot of pre-bought tickets doesn't go against your shill narrative that after BvS this was dead on arrival?

DADDY
my.mixtape.moe/algitu.webm

in this case, the two thoughts
"Suicide Squad is a bad movie"
and
"Suicide Squad will be a financial success"
are not mutually exclusive

>offers him Harley
>kills him right after

>my.mixtape.moe/uhkisu.webm

Truly awful.

this kind of thing is not that rare. Have you ever interacted with, say, mexican gangsters? It's an ego boost (but they don't actually want you to touch their girl, of course)

Leto is really hamming it up isn't he?

Also what the fuck is with people jumping to defend this movie? Surely this is third strike and you're out? Even the most rabid Snyder fans will admit that BvS and MoS had some serious flaws and here we are yet again, why are people happy to let WB keep serving up shit? They should be insulted

>using Evans against MCUcks
DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT

>Have you ever interacted with, say, mexican gangsters?
What the fuck no.

if you live in Numale Springs, Vermont I can see that

Even Fembusters made SOME money. That doesn't make it good.

>being a cuck is normal

No it isn't faggot.

>HONKA HONKA

What did he mean by this?

this guy always looks like such a god damn creep, he needs to change his pic

>Even Fembusters made SOME money.

It really, really didn't

Box office is barely equal to production budget, except then you have to subtract the theaters' cut.

And then the $100 million marketing campaign.

Didn't they sink the combined GDP of the Southern Hemisphere into this thing?

that's his...eager face.

We prefer flawed masterpieces over bland fast fast food.

>flawed masterpieces
>masterpieces

Haha what the fuck is this. And what shitty shitty music.

Evans probably hates how marvel cucks act on Sup Forums. He'd be repulsed by the sight of them.

Male beta faggot landwhales

>implying based Evans and his buddy Renner aren't secret DC bros

Who can blame them after enduring so much Whedon/Feige cuckery

You heard me.

Because Sup Forums loves to be contrarian, so much so that it will pretend to like terrible films.

>8.1 million
>successful

Pick one

That's why droves of defenders come out of the cracks at the first disparaging word tossed in GB16's direction, right?

Are you retarded? It's what it made on premiere day in only seven countries. It's not out in the rest of the world.

Wait till you see the Ultimate Joker cut on Blu-ray.

>Another Thor movie
why? no one gives a shit about thor anymore. he wasn't even in avengers 2 or civil war. i can barely remember him already.

he's a boring character and his movies are the absolute fucking worst, i didn't even finish the dark world.

It's going to be a road trip film with Thor and Hulk.

youtube.com/watch?v=zXwfYniTKsc

over which sea?

I'm just so disappointed with what they've done with Thor so far. So far, Cavill's Superman has been a better Thor than Thor himself.

>get my limited edition Suicide Squad: Ultimate Joker Skwad Blu-ray
>open the case
>pieces of broken disc fall to the ground
>someone's written on the pieces with green sharpie
>put the disc together
>it says DAMAGED

HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT!

The narrow sea

Holy shit. We're Westeros. We're going to build the wall on the wrong border, aren't we?

It won't be showing in China, so foreign box office won't be able to save it. It will probably still do ok domestically, but given its marketing budget, it won't rake in anything substantial. Most of the DC movies, despite being shitty, have broke a little over even, but they've still all underperformed.

Why would it not be showing in China - the magic element?

too violent; Chinese cinema audiences love big dumb action movies like the Avengers or Transformers but anything with a little bit of blood, gore, scary scenes or too much sexual content gets cut by the censors.

the Chinese are pretty sexually repressed compared to Europeans or the Japanese and the Communist party isn't a big fan of portraying degenerate, overly sexualized content on TV or movies, but they are perfectly ok with a little bit of fighting and shooting. the most popular shows and movies over there are PG-tier Romcoms and WWII Japanese occupation war-dramas, pretty tame stuff in terms of content and politics.

At the end of the day, word of mouth matters more than reviews. Plenty of poorly reviewed movies have made bank at the box office because the general public liked it. As long as it's got a bit of humour and likeable characters, people will ignore the other flaws. The reason BvS didn't have the legs of Avengers or TFA was because it had neither of these things.

>my.mixtape.moe/uhkisu.webm
no wonder it has 20%, it's fucking horrible shit with shit tier music

>in the club this guy slaps your girls ass

wat do?

>marvelcucks this desperate for this flick to fail

Of course it's going to be shown in China you cuck lmao

>Being this stupid

HONKA HONKA

Why would you go on the internet and lie like that?

Shouldn't you be licking HONKA HONKA cum out of your girls cunt

Everyone knew this is going to have a huge opening weekend. A movie like this is literally too big to fail, it will always make a profit. But just like BvS it will fall short of expectations due to bad word of mouth catching up with it.

A third of us on this board watches camrips for every movie because we've unfortunately got spergers. Your eyes just aren't trained like ours.

Batman is so abusive

PLEASE DELET THIS

what is this teenager bullshit

I'm telling you right now, I'll be seeing this in a few hours. It will be somewhat darker and edgier than your standard cape film(as it should be, focusing on the bad guys and all), but will suffer from no more profound and inexcusable flaws than the overwhelming majority of cape films, but it will nonetheless be lambasted by critics for the same faults they seem perfectly willing to overlook in other films of this type.

I will come back here and say so, people will disagree, toss out criticisms that are almost universally applicable to all cape films. I will point this out, provide examples, try to talk about the world-building, and I will summarily be labeled an autistic and a contrarian for it.

I have spoken.

imdb.com/title/tt1386697/releaseinfo

from what i can tell its not being released here at all.

i live in China, all i have to do is walk down to the local Imax to see their shit taste in movies.