What are some albums that you feel a personal connection with?

What are some albums that you feel a personal connection with?
Albums that are literally the end-game of life for you while it's just pretentious pleb-core for everyone else?

Sometimes when I listen to this album I just break down inside and need a hug

Henryk Gorecki's Symphony No. 3

It's transcendent.

What's this?

For me, this album is a long form tale of a man on a journey to cure himself of sadness. The turns this album takes are beautiful and the end of Extra Kings is representative of the man kneeling on the Honolulu beach, crying his eyes out. Wildflower comes nowhere near this album in terms of the emotion it gives me.

I've heard it descrided as just a fun dance record though

It hit me really hard on my first listen and now every time I give it a spin I have mental breakdown. I don't know why though. Especially the first two songs.

pic related

This. I feel every song in it down to my very core.

This for me.
u and i especially connected with me in a way that not a lot of albums have.
I feel kinda similarly about DAMN. with PRIDE., and to a lesser extent FEAR.

It's just such a beautiful record

me too guys, lots of faggots on Sup Forums like to shit on this album but it's goat.

I swear I'm not that user.

not even pretentious

I know I know, im the biggest pleb here

sadly nothing comes close for that matter and I's been at least 5 years since I've found it

I'm mentally retarded

>that file name

either yobs' clearing the path to ascend or neurosis' eye of every storm

No other album has ever felt like it mirrors my own living with depression as much as this one. We're the same age too so that helps.

I know I'm a faggot, I know

We liked it when it leaked. But our taste blossomed over the many years since then and we now look back on it as the bubblegum pop it is. You'll grow up, too, you haven't been here long enough.

It's a great record and I don't give no fucks.

i feel ya on this album. definitely a spiritual experience for me.

also pic related

You better be black.

Reminds me a lot of the pain of love and growing up while having a child-like whimsy that longs for innocence.

cant explain why

Yeah this. Never had anything come close to lysflath for me. Anyone know any albums like it?

I do not get emotionally attached to sounds because I am not a faggot

fuck off

Itaots

actually unironically this

same

It's not her best album, but I have a very personal connection with this

speaking of which, do you know if On Avery Island is worth checking out?

I don't know why but this

it's something special

brave little abacus - just got back from discomfort

Dont be ashamed of being a pleb user.

But really, im curious as to why you like this album, i have listened to it, i like the composition and timing, with all the crescendos and stuff , but for me its very plain and same-ish with its instrumentation and general sonority.

Because, for me at least, listening to bands like GYBE, Mogwai, A Silver Mount Zion, Do make say think, you can see much better use of instruments and samples to make texture and rhytmn

End game of life might be a stretch but I fucking love this album. It's like a warm hug.

Bump

t. faggot
Have fun with your low EQ.

yes, absolutely

You're a heroin addict?

This album makes me feel so warm, and also alone in the most beautiful way. To me, it's like falling asleep, then waking up to find yourself floating into space. From there, it's like a mix of wanting to stay there in isolation, and also missing home.

This too.

I can't go a weak without listening to it.
It's a fucking addiction.
I always tear up during the second half of mogwai fear satan and R U still in it. I don't even know why.

Pretty solid album, why this one in particular tho?

Hell yeah, this.

Bump

I think just haven't heard enough.
Any good recommendations?

It was a hard choice, really, I picked this, mostly because it hasn't been posted, otherwise I could have easily posted these as well:
As well as some others
Not the same guy, but I heard all of those and, besides some GY!BE releases (specifically the first two albums), this is still my favorite Post-Rock album, I can't really tell you why, the way it sounds just resonates with me.
It may just be the shoegazy vibes over the relaxing sounds, I don't know, but it's really good.

Not him but all the ones he mentioned are great. If you like the 3rd wave stuff EITS is good for what it is. Pic related is the best 3rd wave Post-Rock I've heard though.

Caspian - Hymn for the Greatest Generation
GY!BE's first two albums and EP
God is an Astronaut - All is Violent, All is Bright
Russian Circles - Guidance
Dirty Three - Ocean Songs

that shit album of a shit is the most shit music I've ever heard, shit

you're shit.

You all knew this album would show up here. Also
>Amnesiac
>Bleach by Nirvana
>Too Many Humans by No Trend
>Atomizer by Big Black
and Violent Femmes hit close to home.

that shit album of a shit is the most shit music I've ever heard, shit

you're shit

I've listened to it already and I also enjoyed it a lot.
Thanks for the recs.

K

that's just sad user.

Spiderland as well

>I can feel it slowly drifting away from me

that

Picked this up on a whim at a record store after listening to the Before The Flood soundtrack, pretty good stuff.

Literally all my music tastes condensed into a single record.

Actually kind of scared I'll never hear a better album than this.

you misspelled "best post-rock" album ever there ^^

on a serious note their Soundtrack work is amazing. I recommend you check out the soundtracks to "les revenants" and "atomic".

Bump

10/10

Thanks m8, looked it up and it's really great stuff so far

helped me tremendously.

This right here
I've put off Beach Boys for so long but I started listening to this, I enjoy it so far.

delte this

yee

Try and listen to Beach Boys with an open mind. I always naively assumed they were some generic pop fluff band from the 60s but I was very wrong. Anyways Pet Sounds is my favorite album as it is my only 10/10.

Mummy and Daddy is a masterpiece through and through

Or they'll continue to like an album that they like, and everything isn't so black and white.
Just because you discover idk like the knife or laurel halo, doesn't mean you won't still get something out of a lil bluish or lion in a coma . ..LION IN A COMA LION IN A COMA

i love this album so much i'm starting to develop an autistic obsession to dan

help

In Rainbows. Was the album that got me into Radiohead, and they're still my favorite artist of all time. Still holds up as very possibly their greatest album too.

I'm a giant woods of ypres fan, and this is their best album imo. Every time I drive through a cold, snow covered landscape this is the album I always play.

Pic related
I always thought the album was great
But when I lost someone close suddenly it really helped me mourn
Like when I got the news I just sat there numb for about an hour
Put the album on and it all came out before he started singing
Didn't stop until well after it finished

this whole post is cringe as fuck

Whatever /metal/ thinks of it, there's something really beautiful about this album.

The best and most underrated KC record

nice taste.

thanks bro

what album is this?
im seeing this cover a lot

New?
And Have a Nice Life - Deathconsciousness

ya
and thanks im gonna listen it now

it sucks

This... jesus christ i really love Gaston . Its a universe of melodic-bass lines . Rly the texture of the tracks and the admosphere create in their songs kill me in the inside . Idk how a instrumental band made me cry

The message is so strong. I've never heard another album whose lyrics have similar impact.

Sorry for the bad quality of the image

hospice makes me think of my grandmother who passed from cancer a few years back.

Silent Shout, by Knife. This album sums my life up.