Fleet Foxes: Crack-Up

>check catalog 3 days ago, nothing
"Well, it's not that quick of a board."
>still nothing

Tomorrow will be one month from release, how's Sup Forums feeling on it?
Third of May / Ōdaigahara is beautiful, you're plunged right back into their sound from the first seconds after 5+ years of silence.
Fool's Errand is pretty boring though.

They're both shit. Also the leak is shit. Fleet Foxes are fucking garbage for tasteless nu-males who think they have good taste.

You're late hombre

That's a lot of buzzwords! The drones are getting so efficient.
>Crosby, Stills, & Nash meets The Beach Boys
>bad
>Deploying pseudo-arguement nullification:
Why?

I'm really liking it, but it's taking a bit to sink in. A lot of the songs aren't immediately appealing.

So far my favorite is the title track, they really gave it their all on that it. I just love how grand it sounds.

I love the combo of I Should See Memphis and Crack-Up to close out the album. Not the most interesting songs musically, but they have some of the best lyrics on the album.

is very gud
probably aoty so far. only weak track is fool's errand. everything else is sublime.

I've listened to this like five times already and I still can't remember anything besides the first couple minutes of Third of May, Keep Time on Me, and the second half of Other Oceans. Sure, texturally and structurally it's really interesting, but was it worth it to sacrifice the catchy melodies and singable/relatable lyrics of their previous albums?

fpbp

AOTY desu

Anyone have a d/l link?

I really really like Mearcscapa. It reminds me of something, but I can't remember what.

It's a leak you dumb fuck. I don't give two shits about some shitty leaks.

>check catalog 3 days ago, nothing
There have been posts non-stop. I like Crack-Up but you're lying and you need to SHUT THE HELL UP.

it's literally in 320 you fucking retard, it's perfectly listenable quality, and if you deny yourself the pleasure of listening simply because it's a leak you are braindead.

>if it's in 320 it must be good quality
kek

I bet you listen to FLAC, you fucking faggot.

>muh FLAC

P L A C E B O

It must have leaked right after I checked Sup Forums days ago, my only two visits to the board in recent history have been then and now. I care enough about very few releases to stop by.

Sorry for the ignorant claim that you guys weren't acknowledging the release. This board moves much faster than I thought.

Nice to know there's a leak, but since we're so close to the date, I'll probably just wait it out and hear an official release.

It's disappointing to hear that the lyrics aren't holding up!
But personally
>I AM ONLY OWNED THIS SHAPE IF I MAKE A LINE TO HOLD
>TO BE HELD WITHIN ONESELF IS DEATH-LIKE, OH I KNOW
is the best thing I've heard all year, so I'm holding out hope for the rest.

>not knowing what a transcode is

the leak is obviously not full quality you fucking mongoloid, should be obvious if you have ears. great album though

>the leak is obviously not full quality
the song transitions are rough. that can't be how its supposed to sound.

A Moon Shaped Pool Pt.2

don't know what that guy's on about, the lyrics on here are absolutely beautiful. Kept Woman is breathtaking in that regard
>Anna you're lost in the shadow there,
>cinder and smoke hanging in the air,
>and I know you'll be
>bolder than me,
>I was high, I was unaware.

>God above saw ever in the mind,
>blue and white irises in a line.
>Under your nameless shame,
>I left you in frame
>and you rose to be ossified
>as a rose to the oceanside.

This is a perfect 10 for me lads. What a special album. I've listened 16 times and it hasn't lost one ounce of magic.

Yeah this isn't retail quality. Like you said, the choppy transitions but also there's some "fuzz" periodically throughout. Retail in lossless will sound perfect just like Helplessness Blues did.

Easily their best album, very good stuff.

oh noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo not a little bit of FUZZ!!

>autism

except way better

Dunno, but the next song "On Another Ocean (January/June)" has a guitar part that sounds exactly like "Serve the Song" off the new Real Estate album.

Way more similar to 22, A Million to my ears. Same transition from more straightforward songwriting to textural/mastubatory production stuff.

22, A Million was trash though.

F L A C E B O

Fuck everything about this album.

thank you for your input

No problem. Be sure to read my review and then raid my Discord server like every other whiny premature Fleet Foxes fan.

you're really hurting my feeling please stop

Can somebody upload it for me?

I've never been the biggest fan of Washington's favourite chamber folk revivalism band. While nothing about Fleet Foxes' widely-acclaimed self-titled debut outright deterred me, it just came across as an average modern indie folk album with no characteristics setting them apart from (let alone above) their predecessors or their contemporaries. A quaint, pleasant set of songs that don't set out to impress anyone who hasn't already heard a Van Morrison or Nick Drake album. Putting aside my past reservations with the band, Fleet Foxes come out with their (supposedly) most grand and ambitious release to date. Despite not ever fully listening to Helplessness Blues, I figured I'd jump into this headfirst with no expectations.

The first things that stand out about this record are the overall sound and the production. These disgustingly sterile reverb-drenched acoustic guitars, which are present on every single track, are paired quite ridiculously by purposeless little fragments of sounds and noises ala musique concrete. Rather than implementing these sounds in an experimental, artistic, or interesting way, they simply serve to cut off the instrumental for a short moment just for the instrumental to return in the most unrealistic way relying heavily on stock studio effects. Any attempts Fleet Foxes make to sound heavenly aren't effective in any way. Ironically enough, judging by the earthly scenery on the cover, this is one of the most inorganic and flaccid folk albums I've ever heard. This is basically a My Morning Jacket album if Jim James and company were on sleeping pills.

"Progressive Folk." Okay. Every track consists of the same uninspired acoustic meandering that plods along in a way that it doesn't even seem like it's trying to capture your attention. The melodies are awful. There's nothing in the way of dynamics. It's painfully inoffensive musically. There's nothing "progressive" about this. The only major characteristic that differs from track to track is their set of extended instrumentation through whether it be an accordion or a string ensemble. I don't understand for the life of me how everyone else seems to be having some sort of religious experience while listening to this album. I had to lower my rating so much due to my inability to even stomach a second listen of this.

Really really really not recommended.

t. Josh Tillman
but seriously why would you even listen to this album, you clearly already had your mind made up as to which side of the argument you'd fall on

Hey, it's best review on the Crack-Up page.

it's amazing how much better this is than any of the shit father john misty has released especially the new album

It'll still be talked about in 10 years while Pure Comedy is already a nonfactor.

Talked about by who exactly? People who think overproduced, insubstantial folk music is worthy of note?

something really rubs me the wrong way about tillman and pure comedy was trash. he's a good singer obviously but i'm really not a fan of his voice either

robin >>>>>>>>>> misty

>I don't listen to Pure Comedy so it's a nonfactor
seriously and unironically kill yourself

You are retarded, that is why.

>i'm retarded

very good argument, sir. care to elaborate?

What does this mean? I've been seeing it everywhere

>these are the FJM fans who "get" his post ironic music but can't understand someone else not liking it

Very late fuck (you)

>GrimesCuck getting BTFO in the RYM comments section of all places
Why are Montie and his crew so bad at expressing their thoughts?

>but can't understand someone else not liking it
never said that. I am criticizing the fucking stupid reasoning, not merely not liking the album.

angery

What reasons do you think are stupid?

>Pure Comedy is already a nonfactor.

Eh, it's not bad because it's a nonfactor but it's a nonfactor because it's bad (or boring, or forgettable, or not self aware, or take your pick).

I really like that Robin's using more lower octaves than in previous albums.

first post best post

This is wrong, I seen natsoc dudes from detroit listening to it

I missed the leak. Someone spoonfeed me please.

Thoughts after first few listens, OP.

It's their best release yet. The high points of HB are more obvious, but the harmonies & melodies here best even that