Top five CDMs?

Rank your top five CDMs in terms of their respective abilities.

>inb4 biscuits is no. 1 (pic related)

Also: De Rossi is my favorite player.

Other urls found in this thread:

football-italia.net/46159/new-marchisio
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

All time or today?

today dawg my bad shouldve specified and thought of doing

1. Claude Makelele
2.Nemanja Matic
3. Jon Obi Mike
4. N'Golo Kante
5. Ramires

Current form Henderson is Unironically top 5 world cdm. I don't know how but kult kloppo has turned a poor mans Steve Sidwell into a top player and I'm not sure I like it

busquets is the best CDM in the world and you're a retarded american

Go build a wall

a wall will only hurt your miniscule brain from expanding

Is Xabi Alonso a defensive mf?
Kanye
Magic
Cocklin
Biscuits
Motta

ok but what makes him so good?

xabi counts, yes
>motta
my nigga
>cocklin
who? im not well meme-informed

stfu

pic related has not yet been mentioned

perhaps we should distinguish among holding midfielders, destroyers, DPL or possession-recycling midfielders (allá Xabi), et al.

>>motta
>greentexting motta while liking de rossi

1. Kante (can walk into the starting XI of any non-barcelona team)
2. Buscuits
3. Coq au lin
4. Verratti
5. Marchisio

1.veira
2.petit
3.gilberto
4.coquelin
5.xhaka

This.

Busquets looks like shit now that he doesn't have Xavi or Iniesta to hold his hand

Throwing in a cheeky Fejsa as a Benficafag, but I haven't watched much european football outside of CL for a while.

this

Flamini > xaka

This is a great great, list, my friend, apart from the fact that Vieira was never a CDM.

Here's an improved list:
1. Gilberto
2. Petit
3. Coquelin
4. Flamini
5. Stephen Hughes

Makelele
Essien
Marchisio
Vidal

Oh fejsa deserves a spot in a top 5 List for sure, dude's been carrying the team for the last two years

Im a Benfica fan though.

This. Biggest system babby in the history of football.

Does a defensive midfielder necesarily have to be the deepest in a three man midfield?

What the hell is a "CDM"? Learn your terminology, burger.

What does Sup Forums think of Vidal?

Kroos
Busquets
Alonso
Kante
Weigl

>Kroos
definetely not a defensive midfielder

Busquets, Weigl, Matic, Verratti, Alonso, Camacho, Casemiro, Fernandinho

Busquets
Casemiro
Verratti
Fernandinho
Alonso

Currently playing?

Biscuits
Alonso
Lahm
Khedira
Kroos

Romeu is the greatest defensive midfielder in the world right now. Prove me wrong.

>protip: you can't.

what the fuck is a CDM... Busquets is a piece of shit though

>CDM

go back to FIFA 17 kid

This thread is going to be complete shit because everyone will conflate defensive midfielders, box-to-box midfielders and deep lying playmakers
btw:
best defensive: Makalele
deep lying: busquets
box-to-box: essien in his prime, viera for longevity

I can see nobody in this thread knows their shit

Have you ever heard of Pirlo?

>Lucas leiva
>matic
>de rossi
>alex song
>biscuit
This is my list considering players of the last ~4 yrs that still play

>Mikel
lol

Honestly some of the best current ones haven't even been mentioned

KANTE

BLACK STRONGER THAN BISCUITS

>ctrl+f Davids
>0 results

Do you guys even football?

man, that Makelele meme really convinced everyone lmao

and its still going strong over a decade later

Fernandinho's probably the best in the prem right now since he can actually pass and run with the ball as well

>Davids a defensive midfielder
Yeah he was a doped up defensive minded tractor of a midfielder but the pit bull was no single pivot anchor man type of center midfielder like I think OP was referring too.

And neither was Viera. He was a box to box type with either Silva Petit covering for his surging runs forward notice how he couldn't play with Cesc Viera needed someone like Emerson in Juve to make him look good again. And sorry Arsenal fan but Keane was better.

But he has played as the anchor for Madrid

Yeah agreed with this

Red pill me on this

Yes De Rossi has also been my favorite too and Motta is pure class. Remember how he played with Cambiasso that's another guy who's amazing playing in the midfield his long passes isn't up there with the rest but everything else Cambiasso was world class.

Pep has to be the GOAT pass recycling possession keeping ball playing midfielder of all them

But Deschamps could do it all

Out of the younger generation yeah Weigl is good and Jorginho from Napoli are good

Another box to box type

1) pogba
2) rooney
... ok no more meme in

Verratti
Kante
Weigl
Makelele
Waneyama
In no particular order

casemiro +4

yeah he wasnt that good you meme

Actual CDMs? De Rossi quite easily, though only when he's not drunk or psychotic.

>single pivot anchor man type of center midfielder like I think OP was referring too
yeah im looking for a midfield commander who mediates between the defense and the midfielders and forwards in front of him, who can dictate and boss play, recycle and redistribute possession, launch balls forward, and who is nonetheless more apt and desirous than a pirlo, e.g., to intercept passes, tackle, break up play, dive into tackles, block shots, etc., and just stop opposing players and passes from getting into the final third even just tacitly by their positioning and marking.

idk wtf

im looking for players who serve well in a simultaneously both holding and deep-lying playmaking role (i.e. the perfect CDM)

>+4
spic-nigger hybrid, do you play FIFA Online 3?

>only when he's not drunk or psychotic
but that's when he's the most fun

to add to this, i guess the perfect CDM im conceiving could transition easily into a ball-playing sweeper role. idk who nowadays could do that. (de rossi, actually)

Deluded as fuarrkkkk

1. Matthaus(if you count him)
2. Gatuso
3. Davids
4. Makelele
5. Munteanu(the sentimental choice)

Current form Henderson isn't even top 5 in England

>he doesnt rate mikelele

uwot9

1 - Leon Britton
2 - Leon
3 - Leon
4 - Leon
5 - Leon

Viera.
Viera.
Viera.
Viera.
Viera.

Andres Cubas
Lucas Romero
Gaston Gil Romero
Ruben Neves
Renato Sanches

>ctrl f
>no Matthaus
Fucktards

Matthaus
Rijkaard
Makelele
Vieira
Alonso
Roy Keane

>

ALONSO IS NOT A DEFENSIVE MIDFIELDER CUNTS

zidane

William Carvalho

Rating Casemiro and not rating Gabi, a goat CDM the last 4 years.

dis delusion

Dunga
Deschamps
Vieria
Redondo

Yeah Gabi has been a model player aside from the match fixing scandal

Shame how he recently out of no where criticized Koke even if he was right el Capi shouldn't do that to the press

But yeah he's been one of my favorite players even in those Zaragoza days

Sucks how he never got a cap for Spain

good question dawg. not necessarily, i think. but the sort of midfielder im asking about definitely should be - if he's both dictating play and leading the defense, and mediating between the defense and more advanced midfielders. he can venture besides or in front of his fellow midfielders during certain passing sequences perhaps but ultimately his average position should be between and in front of the center-halves

>Kante
>Veratti
>Marchisio

>CDMs

Just fuck off already. You people have like 8 different shit sports over there to 'enjoy', leave ours the fuck aloe because you embarrass yourselves everytime you go near it.

Hope up isn't Marchisio playing as the deeper anchor for Juve this year?

He was doing pretty good before and after the injury that guy is a well rounded and complete midfielder

Paul Pogba has looked pretty good in the past few games desu. I reckon he is top 5.

>all these wildly different rankings

are rating defenders that hard

Ya dawg i was gonna say. Marchisio has assumed pirlo's role of, at least, mediating in between the defense and the more forward-foraying midfielders in the 3-5-2 whilst doing more defensively than pirlo was ever willing to do.

Vieira
Makelele
De Rossi
Mascherano
Roy Keane

No, retards. He's playing the same role he did when Pirlo was there and Pjanic is playing the Pirlo role (which is basically an AM behind two centre mids ala regista Italian tactics)

Go back to arguing over national baseball league vs american baseball league

Did you see that game against Genoa? He played as a shutter on the side just like he did when he was in Roma

Allegri has been rotating and experimenting with the midfield all season long... they have a stacked roster and he's even had Hernanes playing in what used to be Pirlo's spot and yes earlier in the season Marchisio played there too, at least for some games.

He even did this for Conte when Pirlo went down with an injury in 2014
football-italia.net/46159/new-marchisio

Marchisio is a well rounded and complete midfielder and is capable to play anywhere and in any role.

You invented a sport your country can't even play right anymore and you still know nothing about it.

>He's playing the same role he did when Pirlo was there and Pjanic is playing the Pirlo role (which is basically an AM behind two centre mids ala regista Italian tactics)
could you elaborate?

>Go back to arguing over national baseball league vs american baseball league
no if we americans are so mistaken about what is putatively, specially 'your' sport, and if you know that sport so well, and if you resent our apparent misapprehensions about the sport so much, then surely you could enlighten us.

Busquets
Khedira
Casemiro
Kantè
Vidal

Too much fifa career mode/football manager?