Hey, English is not my first language but I am writing a paper. Is this sentence correct (especially the "dwarf" part)?:

Hey, English is not my first language but I am writing a paper. Is this sentence correct (especially the "dwarf" part)?:

"The result would be a hegemonic Germany that dwarves France"

Thanks in advance

>pic unrelated/there to draw your attention

Yes

no

Maybe

It's wrong.
Should be "that dwarfs France"

I don't know

Could you repeat the question?

dwarfs is the proper term, being a verb. dwarves is a noun and makes no sense.

it should be 'dwarfs',not dwarves...

Reading your post has dwarfen my brain.

Looks fine to me m8. Id encourage you to check out a site called italki. Its a site for finding language exchange partners in foreign countries to help with your target language and vice versa. You can also purchase pro lessons at what are usually decent rates. Plus there are forums designed specifically for people needing help with grammar and writting tasks. Definitely worth your time.

ok thanks
cool thanks
top, great!

see
Dwarves would have been okay if noun and not verb, but y'know. It's not.

You fucking bigots digust me. The proper sentence structure should be "a hegemonic Germany that little peoples france.

Did you just assume that dwarves are people? Fucking bigot racist

>encompasses

The result would be a hegemonic Germany that dwarves France

>The result would be a hegemonic Germany that encompasses France.

dwarf = small so is used out of context

Damn her nipples are black

Your not the boss of me now

cool, thanks

English plurals always confuses me. Sheep/s̶h̶e̶e̶p̶s̶

that's the wife/gf/ex/something of Rammstein's singer, btw

"The result would be a German hegemony that dwarfs France in terms of ______, ______, and ______."

No, dwarves is always wrong. It's dwarfs.

"Dwarves" are a fantasy race of people. Do not use dwarves when describing multiple midgets if you are afraid of offending them

but they are dwarves, what are they going to do? Stand on each others shoulders so that they can reach me with their tiny arms?

english teacher approves

why don't you use "diminish"?

it's dwarfs not dwarves other than that 100% correct

Diminish would make no sense

Maybe it's not sophisticated enough for him.

to dwarf and to diminish seem to be on rather different scales. diminish is no way near as powerful