What does Sup Forums think of gendefluid and/or the idea that there are more than two genders?

What does Sup Forums think of gendefluid and/or the idea that there are more than two genders?

That's all it is. An idea.

For me it's the same as any other bullshit people believe, I tolerate it because it isn't harmful. Why would I even care ? Everyone has at least one or two things they believe that are totally retarded.

some people can see the normal range of colors. and some people are colorblind. and some people are somewhere in between.

and nobody cares how good anyone else's color vision is.

I just avoid those people. I have better things to worry about.

A funny joke that became unfunny when it became a serious thing.

Roll

Like the idea that there are only two genders, it's a theory. However, there is no concrete proof. The only proof that exists is "well, all these people subscribe to the theory, so there must be some validity". Which is either appeal to popularity, or circular logic depending on what angle you approach the problem from.

On the other hand, there is a comparatively huge amount of quantitative proof for the gender-binary.

The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence, but I'll go with the one that has a shitload of proof.

Pretty much this here. Give this person a cookie

>isn't harmful
You're in for a treat, user.

Men have penises and women have vaginas. People born with anything else are aberrations. If you look at an external organ on your body and think "Well, this doesn't belong there" then you have a mental illness that should be medicated or, at the very least, discussed at length with a psychologist.

That said, I don't give a single fuck about what a crazy person does if he/she/xie isn't harming anyone or treading over my rights. I don't know any trannies, but I would have zero problem befriending any number of them. If they're insufferable about their condition, then they're just a shitty human and I wouldnt' want to associate with them. If the US starts passing federal laws like they've done in Canada, I will probably become more conservative toward allowing the mentally ill to run rampant on our freedom of speech and right to be weirded out by weirdos.

Another Sup Forumstard put it really well.

Man and woman.
1 to 2.

You can only be a decimal point inbetween the two.
As a trappish guy, i can totally relate to that, and as such fit something inbetween the middle and the 1.

Are you a robot?

There are so many options today that it creates a false sense that there is a correct answer for gender/sexuality-confused young people. Most who choose to identify as some hyphenated newspeak gender type will probably get over it at some point and accept that some things defy definition. It's what society needs to do to evolve at this moment. Hopefully things will eventually become more sensical. Meanwhile the only genuine objection anyone should have is the idea of denying the scientific definition of sex, as determined by chromosomes.

As much as faith healers/(some) religious preachers ? Or anti-vaxxers, alternative medicine tards ? How about smokers and heavy drinkers ?

These idiots will only harm themselves (or at least won't cause more harm than what I listed which is also tolerated), unless in cases of child abuse or whatever, in what case they touch other issues which I don't tolerate.

You're giving it too much credit.
It's just stupid nepatism and stupid rabble rousing that's got them fighting for attention in ways that really, society can't understand or deal with.

You're right though, it's just gonna bleed it's self dry one day.

The whole 'gender spectrum' thing is making society a little more retarded than before. What about laws regarding bathroom use depending on what gender you feel like?

Not all men have penises, however all people with naturally occurring penises are men. Sex can only be identified with certainty by chromosomes.

>That deep feeling autism.

What is:
>People born with anything else are aberrations
I know not all men have penises.

>a little more retarded than before
Nah, it always was absolutely retarded, though I'll grant you that it's definitely not helping.

I could care less if you call yourself a man, woman, non-binary, gender fluid, transsexual, transgender, robot, wascally wabbit, wolf, old soul, or Pope Pious X. Here's what I do care about:
1) Don't try to do shit to me that I don't want.
2) If I ask you out, tell me what genitals you have hiding down there so I know what's going on
3) Don't freak out if I call you by the wrong pronoun until you've taken the time to explain what you want to be called.

the problemis when there are more than two possible chromosome options...but what are the odds of that... *sweats*

also muh difference between sex and gender

My only issue is the dissolution of the English language. I could give a shit what crazy shit people think about themselves, but the use of "they" as a singular pronoun is stupid. Yes I know it is commonly used in certain circumstances when a writer can't be bothered to write "he or she". That's fine, but when you are referring to a specific person and refer to him or her as "they" you not only misuse the word, but you unintentionally create the impression of identity confusion. "They" in reference to a single gender-confused person connotes that they identify as more than one person... which is kind of true... so i take it back.

I believe there are two genders but the possibility of your brain having the wrong body is completely legit.
Gender is dictated by an actual organ, sexual is dictated by your brain.
Since there is only two (natural) organs that can be applied here I believe there are only 2 genders.
People can obviously choose not to identify with their gender but the fact remains there are only two.

Completely and utterly Autistic

Gender refers to social or cultural differences; not biology.

The real question is why do you care? Religion is a much worse so if you're going to worry about what other people think, worry about that.

Who cares if somebody is mostly gay but a little straight. Don't date them if you don't like it.

Don't you guys have something better to do?

(I'm a straight, white male; I'm just not retarded)

I respect only three genders
-Man
-Woman
-Hideyoshi
(some say there are only 2 which is also true because women aren't humans, they are things which men own)

M8 what's your club penguin ?

If there are no gender roles what are the differences other than biological ones?

You sound 20.

>alternative medicine tards
just want to point out that some alternative medicine does work. Actually, a lot of medication is comprised of extracted elements from plant matter and in a lot of cases, the origin plant has similar or the same effects as the pharmaceuticals. And in addition to this, there are other things that (to the extent of my knowledge) aren't actually used in pharmaceuticals but still treat ailments. For example: strep throat (assuming the strain id bacterial and not viral) can be treated via cayenne pepper because it's both antibacterial and anti inflammatory. It reduces the inflammation on the throat and kills off the bacteria causing it, which in the short term treats the symptoms and in the long term actually kills off the sickness.

I am genderfluid

If you really are, what do different genders feel like to you?

Neat

why the fuck would I care, them thinking that does nothing to me