ITT: 10/10 war movies

ITT: 10/10 war movies

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7A1Z5CEXDM4
m.youtube.com/watch?v=b8tyPsNrvjc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_World_War_II_flying_aces
quora.com/Is-a-Tiger-tank-realistically-as-effective-against-Sherman-tanks-as-shown-in-Fury
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Bodenplatte
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Britain
twitter.com/AnonBabble

plebian retard

>says 10
>posts 7
>of course it's something that was made like 2 years ago

100% organic pleb. Back to Sup Forums.

SPR

no

>shitman
>taking out german engineered panzers

american propaganda

not a movie but still counts

>inb4 BoB cretins start crying

fuck off, BoB pales in comparison to the cinematic masterpiece that is: The Pacific

All's Quiet on the Western Front

Haven't seen Fury, but it's probably shit.

>3 76 sherman rushes a tiger when it could have just penetrated it from 500m away

lol ok

Actual 10/10 pic related

Fury was laughable

GOAT. This thread is over

To be fair to the movie it's made very clear that the panzer is FAR superior to the American tanks

it's a meme movie favored by reddit

this nigga KNOWS what's up

No it's not

Yes, all the Germans were just retarded. Like that company that bumrushed a stationary tank instead of blowing it up from down the street with a Panzerfaust. Just like in real life.

Fury is not bad just overrated.

That movie is videogame tier retarded

A LEAN NIGHT

So it's an actual war movie and not yet another power fantasy? If that's the case I might watch it.

Act 1, 2: 9/10
Act 3: 6/10

Dunkirk

No it's David Ayer masturbating to shots of Brad Pitt looking grizzled and dirty for two hours

Actual 10/10 incoming

youtube.com/watch?v=7A1Z5CEXDM4

That movie looks cool, I might see it. Does it have any explosions in it?

I will never understand how idiots can call a movie unrealistic because of a scene that is less extreme than real events that occured in WW2.

I've watched this movie at least 10 times.

Just fucking no.

flick

this

Also Full metal jacket and Apocalypse now, the greatest war film ever made. Fuck, even Saving private ryan was better than Fury

Thinking about it, I never considered movies about naval warfare as 'war movies'.

Anyway.

because they aren't, it's seashit

>only movies that came out 20 years ago are good
>is that color in my movies?
>being a contrarian is great

well you faggots did lost irl

you know exactly what he meant

it's actually a movie about rain bro

>Fury
>10/10
It was so overhyped I hated it. I had to watch it again to realise it's just pretty average rather than utter shite.

Terrence Mallick shouldn't make 3 hour movies, his visuals are good but mostly gimmicky same problem as enter the void, both movies would be solid 9s if they were 90 minute movies

Grass: The movie
with guest star: the war.

Lol the germans were weak ass faggots, they lost fair and square.

The Tiger was massively disappointing.

The Force Awakens Vs Nazi Germany (Fury)

m.youtube.com/watch?v=b8tyPsNrvjc

>flick
go fuck yourself faggot

black hawk down is war kino

>stereotypical characters
>Brad is too handsome to be believable
>Germans an americans use blue and red tracers respectively like star wars LMAO
>Tiger tank fucking running TOWARDS three objective
>whole tank fight scene was made just to apace the WoT autists.
>"I'm in love with girl! but she ded now" trope for some dramatic effect

Shit movie.

Bullshit, jewish-bolshies used horde tactics

The Easy8 was far superior to any German tank.
Panther? More like breakdown-ther.
Tiger? More like paperthinarmorpost1943-ger.

hhaahahahahahahhaha you guys started world wars twice and lost both times get over it faggot you're the joke of war movies and will always be

I only saw about two episodes and almost the entirety of both were about someone pissing his pants constantly so he had to gonto the hospital.

I wasn't impressed.

lol the germs were a fucking joke
as soon as they faced real opponents like the English, the Russians or the Americans they fell apart

>sherman penetrating a tiger

How's World of Tanks buddy?

WAR
HUH
GOOD GOD Y'ALL

Gimmicky?

Do you not actually understand why his shots and "beauty" were important to the story? Because they certainly weren't just there for show.

In Tree of Life maybe, but not the thin red line.

Is the movie supossed to be about grass? I don't see how they would be relevant to the story otherwise, and don't come up with something like how beautiful and peaceful life and nature are and how fragile life is or some BS like that because that could be applied to every movie

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_World_War_II_flying_aces
Look what happened when slavs couldn't use zergrush tactics.

>Look what happened when Germans kept their best pilots flying instead of rotating them
For every ace you see there were 5 more kids who were shot down on their first flight.

lol

>English

Who were only saved because they had air superiority over the English Channel and German command didn't want to risk a sea invasion with that obstacle. Beyond that they got fucked in Africa (except against Italy for obvious reasons), France, and the low countries.

>Russians

It's hard to win a war when the leader of your opponent uses human wave tactics and doesn't allow retreats. There's a reason there were 9 million military deaths in the war. They were shitty but there were a lot of them and German industrial capacity couldn't keep up with the Soviet factories in the east and the constant waves of Russians and Uzbeks flooding the German lines.

>Americans

They were only large forces in the Pacific. Germany would have been able to repel any kind of invasion from the US and UK but they were butting many more resources into the war with the USSR. The Battle of the Bulge proved that the Germans were capable of large offensives even with few resources. The Bulge failed though, as the Jerries couldn't sustain an offensive with their lack of resources.

>beady eyed anglo spotted

The british did nothing but bomb a few cities when the war was basically already over.

quora.com/Is-a-Tiger-tank-realistically-as-effective-against-Sherman-tanks-as-shown-in-Fury

And that's why the German army won WWII and crushed the American army in the field.

Oh wait...

>Yes, but the long answer is no.

Why can't he just say no?

Sure, british and russian kids.

>all shermans had the same gun

Is this what they teach you on the History Channel?

No, German kids.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Bodenplatte
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Britain

Why did Patton look like Trump in certain pictures? Was he one of his past lives?

What they should have done is taken the aces out of front line service and used them to teach the new pilots.

That's what the American pilots did, and that's why Americans had much better trained pilots than the Germans,and why so many German rookies got shot down.

They lost because Hitler was dumb, his advisers were dumb, anyone smart took part in Valkyrie, Germany's industry failed, they were too busy with the Russians, they wasted time researching super-heavy tanks which were dogshit, their soldiers were all extremely young or deserting to avoid living in a communist-controlled Germany, and they were surrounded to the south, east, and west with no allies.

Shermans were terrible, that is a well-known fact. They used gasoline rather than diesel, were poorly armoured, and had a peashooter. There were just more of them with better commanders.

This movie was fine until they executed the nazi in the city. The act itself was fine but it went downhill from there rapidly. The director tried to pull a Tarantino with the meal but it fell flat and it just got worst from there.Tiger fight was a joke and the stationary tank was just pathetic. If I did not know better I would have thought there were two different writing grews because the end is much different then how it started.

I would consider it the best war movie. It manages to do the day to day life of a sailor while still having the action.

I have watched about half of this and will make it a point to watch the rest tonight but it is shaping up to be my favorite ground based war film.

With all the hollywood fuckery crammed into it id place it in the "its shit" pile.
Could have been really good but they keep trying to feed you horseshit on a spoon whilst making airplane noises, promising you the next spoonful is going to taste better.

It is quite crap. The tiger battle and the final battle are the proofs of this.

>Patton
Mah fucking nigga

>the inaccuracies in this film

warrants shit tier instantly.

At least it was an awesome Unreal Tournament map

I SAID, WHATCH YALL WATCHIN HOES

>the legend of bagger vance

Losers

I cannot tell how it has aged but when I watched it as a child I enjoyed it.

>not watching based john basilone
You're missing out bud

great first half, awful second half

You know what else was dumb? Tiger tanks. Just another one of the flawed heavy tanks idea that dumb Hitler had.

>it's a well-known fact that Shermans were terrible

That's only a well known myth, not a well known fact. Using gas over diesel was not a serious issue. They were very well armored for a medium tank. Better armored than the Pz III's and IVs that they saw, and on par with the Panthers and the Tiger itself. It wasn't effective against a german 88 at medium range, but then nothing was.

>a peashooter

The 75 mm gun on the Sherman was very effective at its job, and was much loved by its crews. It had trouble penning Tiger armor, but there were only two times U.S. Shermans engaged Tigers, so that's not really a big deal. The 75 mm gun was more than adequate for dealing with 99% of the armored targets Shermans saw, as well as all the soft targets it more commonly fought, infantry, machine gun nests, etc. Shermans were upgraded to the 76 mm gun, which could easily pen Tigers at typical combat ranges, but even then, crews preferred the 75 mm gun because it had better HE shells, and most if not all of the fighting Sherman crews did was against soft targets.

Seriously user. Open a fucking book for once in your life.

bait

>americans were only large forces in the pacific
what does this even prove? That there wasn't a large American presence in the European theater? Operation overload was the largest amphibious landing in history bud.

The Germany army and American army actually never truly faced, by the time of the Normandy landings the German government was in full collapse from bombings and military catastrophes that were happening daily in Russia

Movie had problems near the end when the movie turned into some retarded unrealistic fantasy scenario of combat

Here are my favorites. Not in any particular order.
TORA TORA TORA!
Midway
The Longest Day
Patton
Letters from Iwo Jima
Saving Private Ryan
The Great Escape

>fuck yeah a movie about tank battles!

MFW only one tank battle...

(also an Easy-8 having to engage a Tiger at point blank range in order to kill it...no)

Only true 10/10 warkino.

you regular this board don't you Shermanfag? I swear I see a thread like this monthly with a diehard Shermanfag in it defending the poorly designed piece of shit until his fingers fall off

Most of what the U.S. faced were old men and boys, you're correct. But they also faced some numerous well seasoned and highly fanatical troops as well.

The U.S. just plain had better tanks, and better everything else.

I'm no huge fan of the Sherman. I just hate dumb myths that people repeat off the history channel without thinking about it.

>implying using the other branches of your military makes you weaker
you have to be highly educated to be this dumb