Kinda slipping here mentally. Stopped being responsible and letting things I need to do fall through...

Kinda slipping here mentally. Stopped being responsible and letting things I need to do fall through, and quite literally walking from the things that were once important to me. Broke up with my girlfriend because I didn't want her to be a part of the turmoil, she goes through enough as is. No shit, sos. Aside from the courtesy (I saw it as kind) of letting her go so she doesn't have to deal with it too, I've been disregarding the feelings of others. I've had very little consideration as to how they feel and use them to get the things I want, which so far has worked out 99.98 percent of the time. To the point where it seems like I just get stupid fucking lucky. Good job, good friends, good music, stably hobby of being a "musician" (what ever that is), games of course, occasionally study psychotherapy and counseling on downtime. But I'm slipping mentally. I know this isn't Advice, but niggas here are a lot more lethal, and I'd rather not be treated like a disabled child. even though i still might. please help. you. im losing it. it could be worse, but you, I need you. > inb4 fakestoryisfake

Why do you feel as though you are slipping?

You mentioned turmoil, what do you mean by that?

What responsibilities have you walked away from an why?

I am also struggling at the moment and want to hear more about your situation.

Try to stop thinking so much.

Most of the time, the problems people think they have are just illusions they've created in their own mind.

At the end of the day, your reality is what ever you conjure up in your mind. Just try your best to do what makes you happy. There's not a lot else we can do while we wait for the inevitable end.

Easier said than done, faggot. That's like saying to someone with AIDS, hey, cheer up, user, just stop having aids. If it was that easy, OP wouldn't be reaching out in the first place.

This. But it is hard when your thought patterns have crystallized over the years

That's why I said try.

I know it's not easy, but if you can't at least try to help yourself, you're not going to make any progress.

Well we're all user, so I'll be fully honest and maybe we could (hopefully) help one another.

> Army life. Not that bad, bunch of dust in the wind bullshit. but fuck up one good time and your life can honestly be done for if they do please. I'm getting out though due to what they've labeled as "adjustment disorder". been struggling with depression since 14. the reason why I say 14 is because aside from stories family and friends have told me about my childhood, I don't remember my life before 14. Every morning I wake up, I have to find out who I am, who my friends are, and the things that I like. The memory comes back after a few minutes, sometimes a few seconds, maybe longer, even all day, to which I'd kinda feel nonexistent and act as if I'm invincible and do things that I shouldn't.

I've been skipping formation (big deal here), daily physical exercise to sleep and overall just not be conscious through this feeling. I haven't been eating as much anymore. I don't know why. I don't know.

Almost cried reading this. thank you for this. thank you.

Kys

Sorry for rustling your jimmies.

Turmoil as is, hm, I'm trying to find a way to describe the feeling. but im really only good with metaphors and similes.
> I'm swimming in a pool on the deep end (deep end meaning, I can't find the floor beneath me, symbolizing lack of stability) and I want to get out. I don't want to swim anymore. I see the rim of this pool, but as I get closer, it gets further and I'm getting really tired. and only fish can swim without drowning, until they simply, die.

So you're getting kicked out of the army?

Do you live on a base or at home? (No military experience at all here)

How long had you been with your girlfriend?

What are the ramifications of leaving your job?

Just wanna say that all these feelings are natural reactions by your body to the lifestyle you subject yourself to. It's not selfish to care about yourself and what you need. Help yourself or you can't help anybody else, you won't be able to.

These issues sometimes can take years to change, but in the meantime work on your comfort levels. Try to make yourself genuinely comfortable, in any way you can every day. It makes an astounding difference to your mental health. You'll find yourself cleaning up your room spontaneously again.

Pic related: be this comfy.

Not exactly kicked out, but separated. I haven't done anything wrong (that my command knows of) but they find me mentally unfit to continue duty.

Pros of leaving- id be home again, closer to friends and family

Cons- probably get paid more here than jobs back home, don't care about money too much, but it's essential for basic necessities. shelter, food, you know. bills and shit.

I live on base. Kind of like dorm rooms for college. wake up a 5am every morning, formation at 6:30, physical training 6:30-8:00. work at 9:30-5pm. Rinse repeat. Not the worst thing, but very stagnant. If this helps, currently I'm 19.

We'd been talking a little over a year, but only together for a little over a month. I've always struggled with committing to a person because i don't like being reliant on other people, especially with emotions. thought I'd try. I liked it, but I felt trapped. the main reason I left is because (I'm gonna be honest) I'm sexually attracted to someone I see almost every day and I refuse to cheat on someone. and she's done nothing wrong to me. Haven't done anything with the other person, don't know if I will. But I'm really impulsive and don't trust myself. so I got out instead of living with the possibility of hurting her.

I know this is a lot, but I really appreciate you and everyone else for taking the time to even say one word. you niggas are the only ones I feel like I got right now

And what is the circumstance that is making you feel like this?

Thank you so much man

Legitimately, it might me self brought just from over thinking or just stress from over thinking. but I really don't know

Well since you and your girlfriend had only been together a month, that's my too bad. Better now than further down the line.

You are obviously a decent human if you'd rather split than cheat, good on you.

So as I understand it you might be being forced out of the army due to your mental health. This is also probably a blessing in disguise. Yeah the money will be better in the army but having your troop replying on you when your personal goals are misaligned is worse.

I don't pretend to know all the answers, just trying to put a positive objective spin on this for you.

And what is it that you are overthinking?

I'm guilty of this myself and I know it's torture

I'm saving these posts to look back on for future reference. so far you've been really helpful and your words are not a waste at all. thank you.

what is it you're dealing with man?

I guess just looking back on the things I've done recently and my early teenage years to people and to myself. so it's kinda like a "how could I do this" feeling. like "who am I, really?"
I don't feel like a good person anymore.

I heard somewhere yesterday, kinda just listening to Netflix and chilling on my phone. I don't know what was on, but I think a doctor or something of the sorts was talking to someone and he asked "what do you think of when you hear the phrase 'self conscious'?" and she said "memory." if that means anything to anyone

why are you in Sup Forums, of all places

Unironically go to reddit, you will be happier that way.

Even though it sounds like some stupid advice, it's actually the answer to everything in life. We all hear people saying how they had a near dead experience and now finally no longer take life for granted. Well just stop for a moment and think about it, like really think about it. What are we and why are we here on this earth? THERE IS NO FUCKING REASON. Once you accept this truly you can finally be happy. No matter what you do in life it doesn't matter, nobody will remember you in 100 years or so, just do whatever makes you happy user. If for example that's playing games all day just do it and stop caring about other people opinions.

Because tough love can't be found everywhere. We shouldn't be afraid to get our feelings hurt or be scared to face that possibility.

Personally, when it comes to emotions, id rather walk into the lions den because I feel like rash responses are the root of how someone truly feels.

I'd rather someone be honest with me than nurture me.

Awh fuck I'm smiling hard as fuck about this

>I love you, user.

I dun matter wat u do.. Its wat other people do to you

The problem in today's modern world is they are always telling you to keep moving. Keep moving forward. Do this. Do that. You're a loser if you can't be successful. You're at an age where you are drifting slowly into the reality of the rest of your life. Dont fucking worry about the "them." People will judge you the rest of your life and as long as you are good with you, fucking let them. Judge them back. You feel like you're wading in the water, going nowhere, because there is nowhere to go, but all these little faggots around you are telling you there's a goal in mind. "You need to be happy. You need to listen. You need to be successful. Pay your bills. Be nice." I don't know. The world can be as simple as you want it.

"Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back."

Nigga I'm all about truth over everything. I feel you and I can relate.

This is some deep psychological shit, but lemme do a short text for ya. To separate personalities, I'mma use "red and blue sides"

The "blue side" is accepting and contempts with the trash it may have, this way it's emotionally driven.
The "red side" seeks to fix and perfect what's wrong with what they have, they seek the truth.
This way, the blue size is optimistic, and the red size is seen as pessimistic, for always finding fault in everything.

In the end, the blue side, even if living in a world of shit, they are happy. The red side, who seeks to always improve, is never truly happy.

Shame that once you "learn", you can't just "unlearn". Ignorance is bliss.

Basically the only thing that separates people from being happy is telling themselves that they are happy.

D-does this makes sense to you?

I don't know how to fix you, sorry. If I knew, I would have fixed myself already.

I just want to find a nice shack in the middle of nowhere and have nice cozy life, away from the world and their imperfections. But of course, we compare ourselves with other people, and seeing their happiness, and their "accomplishments", we envy them and want what they have. I guess one should just stop comparing ourselves, and lower the standards?
Why am I still writing.

Anyways, having people cheer you up sometimes feels good. Ever heard of Maslow's pyramid of needs? I guess that's why normies are so emotionally focused, being on the "red size", and focusing on order and the truth only gets you the first two levels.

Sorry for late reply. I'm due to get married in about a month and my Dad is turning my family against me under the guidance of his new girlfriend.

It basically means no one will turn up to my wedding on my side which doesn't bother me but my wife to be will be devistated.

My Dad has been physically abusive to me my whole life yet if I hit him now, he'll call the police, and I'm not going to jail for anyone.

I work in a nursing home for dying dementia patients in an effort to stop me feeling suicidal and try to give my life meaning. Not sure if it's working.

I spend all my free time taking codeine, cannabis, alcohol, Valium ad basically anything else I can to knock me out until I crawl through another shift and do the same thing the next day.

My stepdad committed suicide last year and my friend a month after.

I'm starting to know how they feel.