I have a report due in 47 hours on rollercoaster structural analysis...

I have a report due in 47 hours on rollercoaster structural analysis. I basically have to select a part of a rollercoaster and model possible structural arrangements for it on an FEA program to come up with a solution.

Someone else did this exact report last year here: ufile.io/646b7

My question is, does anybody know where I can get a free/cracked copy of a FEA software package such as LUSAS?

My report will undoubtedly not be as good as the one I attached but I am trying to use it as inspiration.

Any help is appreciated, whatever ideas you can come up with with the whole report also.

Other urls found in this thread:

nist.gov/services-resources/software/oof-finite-element-analysis-microstructures
store.steampowered.com/app/493340/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Do your own homework you cunt

I'm trying to, read my post

Check NIST.gov. They have a lot of free engineering programs. They program their own instead of buying but they have to provide them free to the public. Most aren't as slick and sexy as commercial products but they get the job done.

>NIST.gov
found nist.gov/services-resources/software/oof-finite-element-analysis-microstructures , doesn't seem to have a download option. I have the academic version of LUSAS but you are limited to how many nodes you can simulate

get Planet Coaster
store.steampowered.com/app/493340/
might not help but it can make the 47 hours go by faster

Im pretty good in making rollercoasters in Planet Coaster. Does that count? If so, i can absolutely help you design a realistic coaster.

I don't think I'd be allowed to cite that for my experimental data unfortunately haha

this or look up silvarrett. he does all kinds of good stuff in that game. now that i think of it planet coaster might not be a bad idea after all.

well but they did make the physics ridiculously realistic

What I'd be needing to do is model a piece of the track in several different ways testing the same amount of force on it, and seeing which one deals with the stress best.

So some something like pic related but for a coaster.

Have you not tried Piratebay?

Yeah, no dice

Sorry but as stubid as I am, don't know FEA. How exact it should be?
Rollercoaster simulators gives you lot of information about g-forces and stuff but not so much about constructions. I'm playing with NoLimits2

Solidworks trial download. It has FEA options. Since you're a student, you should be able to get student copies (free) of programs like Solidworks. Don't forget about wind effects.

Here is all the information you need to know about roller coasters

As accurate as in the attached file in the OP
Would it be able to give results like my attached file?

Do rockets instead of roller coasters, so you can use Kerbal!

Afraid im way too late to change