discogs.com/user/darumswizel/collection
discogs.com/user/chimtrichalds/collection
discogs.com/user/Notelord43/collection
youtube.com/watch?v=xKdkDY7sQYo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Jelly, how much was For You

Thrift hauls

Deloused and Frances are original pressings

it was about $30 with shipping. I snagged it off of discogs. it sounds incredible
nice records. i really want the 3rd Mars volta record (i can't remember the name)

does that buddy rich album have channel one suite?

thanks, i used to be a big lips fan but haven't really kept up with them since the terror
yeah, amputechture. i'm actually in the middle of getting that one from the same guy i got the top 3 records. sucks how expensive all their stuff is

I posted this on the other thread. It's CDs, obviously.
It was one of my cheapest album hunts and I got 4 special editions. Also, now I have 10 NIN albums.

Nice Flamming Lips records

thanks! I've spent a lot a money getting their records. I'm not too hip on the new album but I love pretty much everything they've put out
that CD thread was comfy. I love looking how people store their CDs

Man, I want those Microphone's CDs.
Here's how I store mine, I need to find more space though.

bump

>tfw ordered the limited colored edition instead
Plus the label on side A has bubbles

I want to get a record player and someone nearby is selling pic related. I don't need anything great, just something to listen to some old jap jazz albums I found, so I'm not looking for the greatest of quality.

I heard the RPMs can dip in and out though. I'm going to bring a record over to test it out but I'm guessing he won't want me to sit there and listen to the whole LP. How long should I play it? Is there a better way to test the RPMs?

Again I don't need anything great, but I don't want to end up getting something that'll speed up and slow down while playing

Also, if it seems to work properly but ends up getting wonky at some point down the line, is there anything I can do or am I fucked?

There's probably another label underneath. See if you can take it off

Yeah, haven't come across that before, but I'm thinking about returning it so don't want to risk any damages

Ion record players, including that one, are shit. For new turntables, U-Turn Orbit and AT-LP120 are few of the ones that meet the bare minimum requirement.

Yeah but this guy is selling this one for really cheap. Again, I'm just getting this to listen to some Japanese records from the 80s that I found. I really won't use it that much, but I still don't want to waste money

Trust me, your Japanese records are too valuable to be played on chink plastic toys. Try thrifting for vintage setup, locally or Craigslist

I'm going to check it out before I buy it and make sure the quality is good enough for what I need it for. That's not the problem. If it sounds like shit, I won't get it

My question is, is there a good way to test the RPMs?

Never seen Phil set up a merch mattress at a house show before. Damn.

vinylengine.com/strobe-discs.shtml

not vinyl but got these on a half price books run today

anybody /willie/ here?

Magnolia Electric Co. - nice choice, user.

Bruh. That's such a great haul. For You is one of my favourites of all time.

What is that black abyss in the bottom left?
Everyone says GY!BE has the best vinyl packaging, but their CD packaging is just as nice. Yanqui looks great, but the CD version of F#A# is just as god-tier as the vinyl version.
Did you get that special deal with all Phils albums? What's your favorite?

Yanqui on vinyl is pretty much the definitive version tho (longer running time than the CD, not sure why they did that)

I'm pretty sure the only difference between the two versions is on vinyl it has that George Bush field recording at the very end.

taking a trip to New York this july, any record stores I should visit? some specialized in metal would be great

Motherfucker = Redeemer 2 is also longer

bump

Nice, been listening to 7 Skies H3 recently myself

Posted these last time and immediately went to sleep.

If the guy who asked about the Gorillaz cd is here, it is a copy of We are the Dury. A friend worked at a radio station and didn't want it.

buuump

Can't show my vinyl collection, so here's my whole CD collection instead

been looking for taiji no yume by yoshiko sai, almost had it the other day but some cunt outbid me on yahoo auctions and none of the 55 record shops in osaka have it

Where my /discogs/ brothers at
discogs.com/user/darumswizel/collection

HoLLa
discogs.com/user/chimtrichalds/collection
ive got more but im not at home at the moment

How is the Twin Peaks OST reissue. I've heard mixed reviews.

It's been a while since I listened, but from what I remember its a bit noisy but I love it all the same, better than Xiu Xiu because my first copy was very warped, second not as much but still noticeable

bump

Nice

I hear Yamashita's a big guy.

Anyone getting the VMP Fleet Foxes?

A few recent pickups

Some of my collection.

Not included are some random thrift store pickups and stuff my dad let me have.

Just wondering, is it worth it to buy a record player and starting a vinyl collection?
Does it really sound "warmer" or better? I currently use CDs and digital files onto my HiFi setup

>Tfw when I'll never be able own all this precious albums.
>fuckkk I need that mount eerie album by the microphones!!!! Best thing Phil has done next to a crow looked at me and a the glow pt 2

Poor fag so most of this were on sale or cheap-ish

The vampire cover album is a definite REC, got from a Bandcamp small mournful synth pop duo artists.

depends if you have the space and income. it's a fun and can be an expensive hobby
probably won't be able to tell the difference in sound unless you already have a high end setup

I think a big part of it is just owning the large art print and almost "ritual" like process of playing the vinyl. I try not to get carried away cause it is an expensive hobby but there are some albums I just need to have in a big physical format.

It's kind of how people prefer real books vs. digital books

Its well yeah magical lol

how much was Feels

discogs.com/user/Notelord43/collection
check er out

Owner of an Ion record player here.
I haven't had those problems, but I had to adjust the speed because it sounded too high pitched on some records.
I would recommend you to save some money on a higher quality record player. But if you only want to listen to those records and you don't care about the audio quality, then go for it.

bump

Got these last week.

There can be certain EQ differences done during the vinyl mastering stages that gives it a certain "warmer" tone. This has nothing to do with the format, any CD or digital file can sound exactly the same as a vinyl record, save for potential clicks, surface noise and pops that are related to the playback of vinyl records.

if you mean bottom right, it's a condensed version of 7 skies h3
it sounds incredible. listening to it enticed me to buy more records (LCD Soundsystem's 45:33 and Yuji Ohno's Cosmos)
I got the box back in March. It's pretty expensive but I was super impressed with the quality of the records.
favorite microphones: glow part two or mount eerie
favorite mount eerie: black wooden ceiling opening
favorite mount eerie in the box: i gotta say either clear moon or wind's poem or maybe even ocean roar
how do you like it relative to the later portion of their discography?
i'd probably rank it as embryonic>7 skies h3>the terror>heady fwends>ozcy mlody
for you
I really want quarters on vinyl
it depends. for you sounds amazing and a lot of older records sound better on vinyl. I like buying new stuff and it's cool to collect. you should do it if you have some disposable income and like buying physical media. it's a bit of a money trap though...there's so many things that i want
I was actually looking at sunshower today on disccogs. about how much did those cost?

All of this cost less together than a good copy of Sunshower, but of course none of them are as good. Closest one to that in the pile is Heart to Heart I guess: youtube.com/watch?v=xKdkDY7sQYo

where'd you get them? discogs?

I'm jelly as fuck for that Yamashita. Good stuff.

Yeah, it wasn't a lot of work.

Bump

>They Might be Giants - Flood
>In the Aeroplane over the Meme
Two most recent purchases.

So do you just like having nightmares or something?

haven't really been buying much lately, this is the latest thing I got in

+ these two reissues

what genre is that? looks cool.

it's got that 70s Japanese blend of city pop and jazz with a tinge of surf thrown in here and there, it's a great listen
It's the progenitor to Yellow Magic Orchestra if that's any indication

very nice!

bump

Nice autographed NMH. I'm still expecting Young Prayer, it's the only one I need to complete Panda's vinyl discography (for full-length album at least, it's also lacking Crosswords EP)

These just came in today (far left and far right)
Almost regret opening the Labyrinth remaster as rare as its going to be. Sounds great though.
nice

bump

where'd you get labyrinth?

what's sunshower? A rajie album?

Didn't realise so many people on Sup Forums dug that Tatsuro Yamashita album

2 copies of Bad Trip Simulator #2?

Necessary?

First one I happened to find in a store.

The second one was bundled with the other two albums for cheap, so why not.

Fair. I listened to some clips. Sounds cool.

amazon. preordered it