11 created the whole alternate world. If you don't believe her when she literally says that "she is the monster"...

11 created the whole alternate world. If you don't believe her when she literally says that "she is the monster", consider the flower her "pop" gave her and how the whole alternate world is plant-themed, including the monster whose head is petals

Why did they just let the sheriff go? Why didn't they suicide him?.

I understand this is '80s circlejerk nostalgia, but does the cyberpunk neo '80s meme music really fit the vibe of this show?

Why did they let 11 run away that easily after she flipped that van? Were they afraid of her?

Why are all characters so chill in the end? Is the stereotype that Americans are spoiled manchildren divorced from reality actually true? Are the writers unaware of what extreme trauma does to people? No PTSD at all? Not just a hint? Chill Christmas dinners after a horror show and a complete paradigm shift regarding how the universe works? Runny potatoes?

Did Winona nail the role of a monster mom, the ultimately annoying, self-centered beast protecting her brood at all costs? Or is she just fucking annoying?

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/10886958
reddit.com/r/StrangerThings/comments/4tilno/why_bullets_dont_work_well_on_the_demogorgon/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I think the soviets are doing the same things, just differently I also think the next monster is likely the thessalhydra in some form as well.

Well, while this monster wasn't a Demogorgon at all though, you're likely on to something because Will did have a snake showed up his throat.

I don't think Season 2 will revolve around another monster chase though, certainly it will follow a different pattern.

Is Will really a queer?

He almost choked to death on a fat snake.

>I understand this is '80s circlejerk nostalgia, but does the cyberpunk neo '80s meme music really fit the vibe of this show?

it's called a synthesizer, retard

You may be right on your first point. On the last- things go back to "normal" because that's how those films, like Goonies, were. Go through insane experiences and then, d'aww hugs all around, nbd.

Yes Winona was great. Those that have a problem with her are childish. She was going through insane trauma and had to act it out with fucking christmas lights. She nailed it. To the wall.

strawpoll.me/10886958

Winona wasn't acting.

I know what it's called retard. I have a Juno 60 right here, I suppose I know a thing or two about synthesis.

Despite what you may think about music, it's not defined by instruments alone. Any instrument can achieve all sorts of moods. In this case, the mood is "Yeah I'm into the '80s. Kavinsky, Com Truise, the list goes on". I wouldn't say it's outright ill-fitting, but it's a bit of a heavy handed "are you nostalgic yet?" move on their part.

>You may be right on your first point. On the last- things go back to "normal" because that's how those films, like Goonies, were. Go through insane experiences and then, d'aww hugs all around, nbd.

I considered this and wanted to mention it in the OP, but I felt the character limit was close.

However, I've read an interview with the team and they said the characters are intentionally pushing what happened under the rug and things are not really hunky-dory at all. Apparently, they will elaborate on how they're coping in season 2 which will take place a year later.

So do you think they're gonna have to fight more kinds of monsters in S2?
Or maybe that wasn't the only demogorgon

>So do you think they're gonna have to fight more kinds of monsters in S2?

Will didn't spit out that slug thing for nothing.

I think that and the flash to the upside down was a sign hes turning into a demogorgon

Ah, the thread I have been looking for.

What should we call the monster boys and grills?
Demagorgon or flea? I think Flea is better

Well they called it the demogorgon mostly, so im gonna call it that

fleas have killed more people though

Flea or Demagorgon, it will kill your mom within a week unless you post WILL!

Who felt nostalgic not for the 80s, but for that first-love feel that El embodied? I think she was gorgeous and very loveable I was sad at the end

WILL!

>captcha: Euronics

could there BE a more 80s captcha?

The relationship with her and Mike was great
And yes it was very sad, but I bet she'll be back somehow in season 2

I felt more nostalgic during Steve/Nancy scenes.

... You don't get store front / mountain / water / sign captchas?

Is Dustin elite?

I wasn't getting any at highschool so it doesn't relate. But El was just pure love, when you are kids and discover life and love.

>bottom right
>find the brackets
>click on Settings
>read the list
>do the adjustments
>???
>Allah Uackbar

eid mubarak

fucking yes

and you know that bitch lunchlady Phillis hoards the puddings. You just know. She was probably working with MKULTRA

i feel like the creature design really lacked imagination. for me though, at least, this series wasnt really about the monster, it was more about the kids.

If the theory that EL is the creator of the monster then the design makes sense since she does not have many references to create with. She has the shape of men, the chracteristics of a lion and traits from the plant. Just a tought.

I think the characters and their arcs were good, despite, come to think about it, that they were very 80s developed. There's still a universal feeling to them I think. The tension between them, whenever it was building (in dramatic moments etc.) was believable and relatable.

>Why did they just let the sheriff go? Why didn't they suicide him?
He is the only one so far who has been to the upside down and back. He knows everything and can assist them.

>I understand this is '80s circlejerk nostalgia, but does the cyberpunk neo '80s meme music really fit the vibe of this show?
That's the point, the show is apart of that neo-80's resurgence.

>Why did they let 11 run away that easily after she flipped that van? Were they afraid of her?
They were afraid of being seen killing kids in broad daylight in a suburban neighborhood.
>Why are all characters so chill in the end? Is the stereotype that Americans are spoiled manchildren divorced from reality actually true? Are the writers unaware of what extreme trauma does to people? No PTSD at all? Not just a hint? Chill Christmas dinners after a horror show and a complete paradigm shift regarding how the universe works? Runny potatoes?
>muh ptsd
Back their people didn't give shit about that stuff, their weren't armchair tumblr psychologists.

Just hope she doesnt make another, itd probably be a lot deadlier after Mike showed her all the DnD stuff

>He is the only one so far who has been to the upside down and back

there's a slight but substantial mistake in your assertion.

Agreed about the monster. The show achieved very good atmosphere at certain moments, but the monster itself wasn't really mysterious and otherworldly enough. It's a bit sad because you can tell that's what they wanted to achieve but failed.

If you put Lucas and Duthin together, you get Thud from Hook.

It was also inconsistent, since it got rekt by 3 teenagers but then takes out the every trained well armed adult in the school at the end

>He is the only one so far who has been to the upside down and back. He knows everything and can assist them.

I should have been more specific. I meant when the sheriff snuck into their facility. They drugged him and just let him wake up back home. Earlier in the show, it was very important to them to get rid of the evidence to the point they killed the fat guy simply for having seen 11. But sheriff gets to walk even though he was clearly on to them and saw a lot more than he should have?

I think it was because they thought he could lead them to 11 so they bugged his place, since he was making decent progress

Well, it was rekked by only one, very powerful teenager.

They could have done without the monster slowly approaching them and shrugging off stones. I guess this is excusable because it's a reference to stupid monsters in '80s horror. Or not. I can't really tell what's excusable anymore, I guess this show can get away with anything if we push it under the '80s rug.

Ah, good point.

no,no.
The answer lies in the scene where Brenner (which means Burner in german) is walking out of teh facilities with the whole army regiment and the female assasin asks him why he did let the sheriff go. He answers that that's what the female assasin wanted,implying he 'd die, and then retorts to her doubt, should the sheriff find the boy, that that would be impossible

>it was rekked by only one, very powerful teenager.
I mean when Johnathan, Nancy and Steve kicked its ass in the house

wat

wait, you meant the first time they got him?

not him but yes I think that

what i would personally like to see in season 2, would be the mike and el love story to take center stage. in season 2, El would become evil, like she becomes so powerful that she cant control her powers anymore and it would be like elfen lied or akira where shes just walking down the street, snapping hundreds of ppls necks at a time, and leveling buildings, and bending steel beams. just causing mass destruction. and mike is the only one who can get through to her, he has to profess his love for her and convince her to be good again.

>people complain all the time about the existence of /stg/
>/stg/ goes away for a few minutes
>new threads all over the place

Sad!

also first for Barb

wtf no. Horrible suggestion, no hate tho

Yeah, that was just plain dumb. For a creature that is immune to both .45 and 9mm, it was awfully bothered by a wooden nail club.

Yeah. The first time he waltzed into their elite military compound and then got caught in the portal room. Next thing you know, he's waking up in his home and it's bugged. Clearly it's as the other user said -- they figured he'd lead them to 11 which he did in the end. But then he beat them up.

>Why did they just let the sheriff go? Why didn't they suicide him?
Theory one: he's cia
Theory two :they figured that if they control him, he can help with the disinfo

maybe it's a latent reference to It.

>he can help with the disinfo

Clearly that's where they're heading with the story. He was awfully cooperative in revealing where 11 is -- even if I sorta understand his motives, the show shoehorned and rushed his cooperation. Given that he lost his daughter, I'd expect he'd be less willing to hand 11 over to them.

The monster has high DR vs piercing weapons but none vs bludgeoning ones

>not recognizing a blatant ripoff of carpenter's music

fuck off you 18 year old Sup Forums tourist

...or maybe he is a personification of the stwong, silent type, like Gary Koopa, who realises he can't have it all and opts for the best solution possible without going "oh, poor me, I am a hicktown sheriff from Indiana or whereverthefuck".

lelolel

The faggots beat you to it:

reddit.com/r/StrangerThings/comments/4tilno/why_bullets_dont_work_well_on_the_demogorgon/

>cyberpunk

This show has nothing to do with cyberpunk. Good lord this board is imbecilic as fuck.

For fuck's sake

He was more focused on saving Will, who was in immediate threat of dying than protecting thr llcation lf a girl who's only going to get caught after a matter of time.
I'm sure if the DoE had captured her then it would have been his next mission to save her

I know man. And in typical lebbit fashion, they overdid the joke and started nerding out multiple essays in hopes for upvotes.

I realize that. I'm not saying what he did makes no sense because it did make sense. I just think it's rushed and it's clearly leading to him working for them in the future.

>dr. Brenner I'm cia

tfw no happy ending for Barb

I hope it's not this really

What I want to see is what happened to the hatched egg they found when looking for will. Where is that baby monster? I hope it's cute and deadly as fuck. Maybe will can become its papa if he's turning

That was the whole point. The creators of the show intentionally had the nerds get fucked over. Barb dies. Emo kid doesn't get the girl.

The egg was the one the monster hatched out of when El first touches it

>tfw never got a good shot of her ass

It's just ET.

>Are the writers unaware of what extreme trauma does to people? No PTSD at all? Not just a hint? Chill Christmas dinners after a horror show and a complete paradigm shift regarding how the universe works? Runny potatoes?

Maybe you're the one who's divorced from reality, because in real life people shove emotions under the rug all the time and pretend everything is normal and okay, ESPECIALLY after traumatic events that literally change how you perceive the world. People WANT things to be okay, so they pretend everything is back to normal even when they aren't. Denial is a pretty natural coping mechanism. Also, it had been an entire month, so plenty of time for the initial shock to wear off and for them to piece a normal routine back together. Not to mention that all the characters who had personal encounters with this otherworldly insanity can't tell anyone else about it and have to pretend nothing out of the ordinary happened by putting on a normal public face.

Where are you getting the name Flea from?

The tightrope and the flea analogy in the show

The acrobat and the flea metaphor

Is op a faggot?

Winona was good.

>No PTSD at all
I first assumed the scene with Will in the bathroom was PTSD, but it's more likely real and setting up for a sequel.

Oh. Well that's dumb because plenty of humans go to the Upside Down as well, so the monster isn't unique in that sense by the end of the show.

>Emo kid doesn't get the girl
Chad will die, Jonathan will be his replacement.

Well its the only being that can travel freely there however it pleases, like when it escaped the bear trap

New /stg/:

GET IN HERE

Why the hell would Nancy crawl into that fucking goopy tree hole? What teenage girl does that?

what hatched egg? i can't remember anything while watching this?

So, in the upside down all things from our world excists, but no organic matter. So cars and things fly around when people move them in our world?

I really liked the monster in the first four or so episodes, but as we see more and more of it at a time it has less and less of an impact. It's still cool, but it doesn't ever feel gripping in terms of plot significance or symbolism.

Thank god you're not on the writing team retard.