Suicide Squad is the opposite of a cultural celebration. The film uses startling...

>Suicide Squad is the opposite of a cultural celebration. The film uses startling, hilarious misanthropy to portray America’s immoral legacy — a hapless, dissolute, pusillanimous culture that has bequeathed the region a cynical present.
>The contrast of human pettiness and visual elegance makes the film captivating and tense. Ayer’s aphorisms and homilies demonstrate the human capacity to rationalize terror, pain, selfishness. This profane folk tale boasts many creatively obscene oaths; the absurdist ripostes convey a sense of political superstition.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/8va9vLap2JI?t=53s
elsewhere.org/pomo/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>le uses long words to hide african heritage nigger

>uses memes to hide illiteracy and retardedness

>let's see how little I can say in how many words: the reviewer

I like Armond White but his defending it has gotta be the final nail in its coffin

nah he didn't review it yet.

This. You faggots will believe anything.

Sure reads like his style of writing though

>contrary at all costs

Why the fuck did everyone decide that America sucks all of a sudden? Been here for 19 years and the most violence I've ever seen is someone flipping the bird and a few school fights. Where is all the discrimination and shit coming from, why did everyone decide that leaving your house puts you at mortal danger? It fucking rules here and I'm tired of the literal who's coming out and preaching that America needs to fix a problem that isnt even there.
Everyone is acting like they've been personally assaulted numerous times daily when the worst thing that has happen to them was getting called faggot by xX1337XSc0pesXx on Xbox live. Nobody is out to get you and it's time to stop acting like there is someone who a bat ready to clock you in the face around every corner.

Hmmmm so it is kino after all?

You sound like a cuck

I really reeally want him to like it.

see You got done son

OP Exposed

you have to leave the house to see bad things unless your step dad often enjoys your boy pussy.

>pusillanimous

Is that an actual word?

>Implying he will review the movie.
Come on, he didn't even review Deadpool.

because memes rule the world. violent crime is actually at its lowest rate in 20+ years, the economy has been growing steadily and unemployment going down for something like 3 years straight, and by pretty much every metric things are great
but people need to find something to bitch about so they invent imaginary cultural boogeymen and lose their shit because we're all too pampered to understand how good we have it. The meme is America as we know it is ending, we're always on the edge of unspeakable disaster, and everything is shit.

Shit, you're right, hell even from the basement I can hear all the looting and gunshots going off right now, how did I never hear that before?

It just means timid.

"Never use a big word when a small one will do".

Compared to the rest of the developed world, the US is ultra-violent.

America is on its way out as the single global superpower, and the nation, at least its establishment leadership, hasn't accepted this inevitability yet.

This a good thing though. This viral, "liberal," technocratic globalism which America has spread in the last half-century or so has killed millions and millions of people and destroyed numerous countries.

Let's hope not much more damage is done on the way out...

yes, but it's still the best it's been in ages.
People talk wistfully about the happy days of the 80's when America believed in itself and there were no contentious social issues and all that bullshit, when it truth the economy was in the shitter and violent crime was epidemic then.
But people prefer nostalgia to reality so here we are

Le tips fedorka

Armond's probably going to hate SS. As far as I know, Armond White hates "lol such edge" shit.

But is it a glib facsimile?

Is he "our guy"?

>i use big words to baffle my sophomoric audience into thinking i have anything of value to say man
No thanks

HON HON HON JE SUIS UN PRETENTIOUS MONSIEUR N'EST-CE PAS, REGARDE MOI HON HON HON

jesus christ, is anyone taking this clown seriously? he's literally a shitposting dictionary attributing his own made up reality to movies

It's what "pussy" is short for

God damn you're retarded.

DUDE BIG WORDS TO SOUND DEEP LMAO

>bequeathed
Has anybody else used that word seriously since the 18th century?

People who are tryhard fedor faggots use it to sound sophisticated

It's a legal term still used today.

OP did.

People are violent in general. We just had a good peaceful streak since the 1990s until now (not counting 9/11 and terror stuff of course).

Move to any city with a large black or hispanic community to see the violence everybody is talking about

Man, people on this board have a serious problem with college level vocabulary

legal terms are barely english. they don't count

Yeah, good times.

Forgot Syria, I guess it needs an update.

Man, people on this board have a serious problem with entry level trolling.

that's a fucking retarded image. Iran did plenty of shit things like support Hezbollah for decades and control Syria like a puppet for a while
and the US list is absurdly nitpicky which it doesn't have to be because the US has plenty of actual terrible things it's done without inflating the numbers

Hezbollah is Lebanese. The list for the US would be magnitudes larger if we're talking about terrorist groups who both countries have funded as well.

Ukraine should be added to the list along with Syria though, at the very least.

well , it's where we live

did they find the solution?

The civilian body count on the entire US list is 20,000,000.

how dumb are you on a scale of 1 to potato?

this guy is THE WORST writer

B-but its fake!

All it takes to be a good critic is a thesaurus, no prose or wit required

>people ITT drop >20k on a college education
>complain about big words

Skip to 0:53 if not there already, this is what this thread reminds me of
youtu.be/8va9vLap2JI?t=53s

It would be real if it was the original cut.

Well, only if you're writing for a conservative publication. Liberals hate based Armond.

this faggot just loves disagreeing with the tomatometer

Man, Mussolini had some fucking swag.

you clearly dont live by poor people or niggers

Its fake. Im subbed to National Review and i have seen jackshit

Yeah cause I'm not a pleb

Armond just used their language and then upped the verbose so they can't counter him. He knows it and they hate him for it.

>these are the people you get when a generation is raised on comic books and TV

This Poobah reminds me of this:

“Society is fundamentally meaningless,” says Sartre. Therefore, several
desublimations concerning the absurdity, and thus the stasis, of semantic
language exist. Precultural capitalism suggests that narrativity is part of the
futility of consciousness, but only if narrativity is equal to reality.

The primary theme of the works of Gibson is a mythopoetical whole. It could
be said that Sontag promotes the use of subtextual materialism to read and
deconstruct class. If modernism holds, the works of Gibson are modernistic.

elsewhere.org/pomo/
Press refresh to get a randomly generated page of post modernist drivel.

It's a cyclical thing.

>xX1337XSc0pesXx

It's a black male thing.

Marvel BTFO

>armond white
>literally black

nigger you're browsing Sup Forums gtfo of here

We all do that handwaving thing here, it's when you want to dismiss someone's argument like it's meaningless.