Hey Sup Forums

Hey Sup Forums,
Over the last few months it looks like I've got a small infestation of Bed Bugs, pretty much confined to my bedroom. I have no clue how I got them, and I was trying to avoid dealing with whatever it was until I realized how severe it was. My dad wants to tackle it ourselves but I've read that there is a high chance that it won't be a good enough job unless it's a treatment from a pest control company.

Any advice/stories on bed bugs from you guys?

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://sobernation.com/kids-now-smoking-bed-bugs-get-high/&ved=0ahUKEwiojL6T44vTAhVP5mMKHZQsCp0QFghMMAs&usg=AFQjCNFqpWs1IwtiIOA-TGfEjlgXCJz9gw
youtube.com/watch?v=B4QpufSaIrs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>months
your fucked

get rid of all furniture put clothes in dryer for a long time in small loads. put all other small items in the oven as high as you can without damaging them for an hour at a time.

How do you know? Did you see them? (Where and how to look?)

If you have more than one generation of bug living in the furniture you will need to heat treat the whole house. It isn't limited to your room.

I've been infested a couple times, nothing too serious. I think it comes from either the place I do my laundry or the occasional mouse that gets in the apartment. If it's only a small infestation then roach spray works. I spray it all over.

they are your friends, keep they, they will keep away cancer and Aids

On your bed with your eyes

>A couple times

Don't take this faggots advise.

you need sub-zero temperatures.

atleast -15'Celsius, no idea what that is in the caveman fartheits

+2 hours and the bugs will be dead

release several house centipedes inside. they will take care of it

I was told they are hard to spot and only show up when it's dark so it's possible to live months with them without noticing (unless you are alergic to their bites)

Heat not cold. You have to dry them out.

Both work actually, but a freezer is less hazardous to textiles

i had those before.. took 3 treatments from professionals before i started seeing them less and less.. annoying little bitches

bug bomb , do it a few times , laundry on boil for everything prior to this

House I was staying at spent like 10 k trying to get rid of the fuckers.

The thing that finally worked was a bunch of heaters made it like 70 C in the whole house and fried the little fuckers

Seems legit. Though reducing temperature like that must be more costly than increasing it.

What? Roach spray definitely worked for me and I haven't been bitten in years. Let the guy try a five dollar roach spray before you tell him to upend his house and get a new 1000 dollar mattress.

they aren't microscopic. they are bigger then fleas but not as big a ticks. look near cracks in the bed frame or side table. also look for black dots on your mattress and pillows.

You can buy roman candle bug killers that you set off with no one in house. Also spray for all nooks and crannies. This stands a good chance of killing a small local infestation. If mot you need a professional.

To keep them fromm your bed google bed bug traps. Small plastic trays lined with talc. Put one under each leg of your bed . stops them climbing up bed legs if they live elsewhere (they dont usually live on the mattress unless its really bad.you usually just find dead ones you squashed or shed skins)

Lots of videos on you tube to help you check your bed for infestations.

set your house on fire, that will take care of the little jews

>pretty much confined to my bedroom
You're likely pretty much incorrect.

You'll really be better off hiring someone, but if you need to do it yourself.. you'll want to clean all bed stuff on the highest setting as well as dry on the highest setting.
That includes any stuffed animals, clothes - pretty much the entire room, and i'd do the entire fucking house.
Lift up your matress, brush them to grab eggs and shit, and vacuum really fucking hard. I'd even just toss the fucking mattress but you love bed bugs so i doubt you will do this.

If you know 100% where the bed bugs are isolated (you don't but whatever) people sometimes zip up their shit in bags and then come back to it, it takes like a year or something ridiculous.
Bed bugs live in/on your bed but can live everywhere else as well, pretty much anywhere that is hidden. Cracks, carpets, behind shelves, all of that. They spread really easily which is why you are probably high in assuming they are locked in your room. They fucking suck.

Anyhow, if you literally wash everything REALLY fucking hard (EVERYTHING), and take care to either toss or really really fucking scrub mattresses and bed frames, etc, you can get rid of them.

Do you know where you got them from? They spread easily from hotels.

To be honest, it's less hassle to deal with a pest control company especially if they offer a money back solution.

you just stay infested you retarded nigger

OP here, didn't think to look after a while of being bitten at night. Tried to flip over my bed to see anything and noticed a few round flat bugs, looked up bed bugs and it's definitely them.

It's actually a delicate dance between the two. Heat first, then apply cold.

>mate with one of female bedbugs
>spawn tiny bedbug/human hybrid
>???
>problem sloved

>You have to dry them out.
this, put down diatomaceous earth everywhere

or nature does it yearly for free

Vaccuum every day. Get a mattress cover, seal those fuckers in. Move bed from all walls and furniture. Vaccuum.

You're*

The heat is to a degree higher than the Earth gets in the hottest locations. So you're a fuckin idiot.

From personal experience, get rid of them asap. Its a terrible experience to go through. I got mine from a moving company, they were dormant the first 8 months (they can remain dormant for up to a year) then it got really bad really quick. Luckily my landlord covered the expenses for an exterminator after multiple failed attempts of getting rid of them. Trust me OP, get it taken care of quick, its an ongoing problem throughout the US, even my local FD had bed bugs a few months before i moved to where i am now.

>bed bugs
>small infestation
Kek. If you find them its way beyond a small infestation

>get rid of all furniture

And almost everything else. You are FUCKED man.

Most of the idiots in this thread never actually removed their infestation, just killed a few of them. Hard as shit to get out.

Mattress covers are a must. Apply after first treatment, it will suffocate any remaining live and eggs, and cover up the mess they make (they shit everywhere and it looks like coffee grounds).

Product called Steri-fab. Will kill any small bug on contact by drying it out

What about fleas? Don't want to ruin the thread but I've got a problem with fleas and may as well ask here instead of starting a new thread.

you need to gas your house, no other way

get an expert
dealing with it yourself is setting yourself up for way too much mental anguish when they inevitably come back again.
I still feel crawly at night sometimes
just get an expert, if they come back you can have the expert come out again

When we had a small infestation we called an exterminator who had a dog trained to find them. Here's the advice we got from him:

First wash and dry all of your linens, pillows, etc. as hot as you are able. If you buy anything new, buy pillow/mattress covers that are rated for keeping out bedbugs. It'll make them last longer too.

Fill a squirt bottle with rubbing alcohol and spray any cracks or crevices near your bed. Especially in wooden furniture. The alcohol will make them flee from wherever they are hiding. Exterminator said he basically does this whenever he stays at a hotel or goes to a movie theater.

Buy diatomaceous earth at a gardening or hardware store and put it in one of those clear plastic picnic ketchup bottles. Spray it into all the little nooks and crannies around your bed, frame, side tables, etc. Pretty much the whole room. It's an extremely fine powder that gets into their little joints and shit and wreaks havoc. I do this with all cracks, outlets, and around the baseboard of all rooms whenever I move. It's food-grade, so it's totally safe for kids and pets.

Heat is the only good way to kill them. 135° for at least 4 hours

>months

Fleas are a nuisance compared to bed bugs. My dog gets them occasionally and there gone within a few days after treatment. Sometimes they will get on me but i use sprays in addition to the shit i put on my dog.

I have some VERY good advice for you:

1) Make sure you clear your floor. Don't leave any clothes on the floor. Leaving nothing in the floor actually, except the essentials.
2)Vacuum absolutely everything, including your bed and boxspring. Do it frequently.
3) Buy a bag in which you can place your bed and box spring. These are usually made of plastic and you can purchase them at Walmart. Before you bag your bed, though, be sure to vacuum your entire bed and make sure your bed is not infested.
4) Purchase a kerosine heater. They're less than $100. Place the heater in your room, and try to get your room up to 130 or 140 degrees. That will likely kill ALL of the bud-bugs in your room. Bed bugs begin to die around 122 degrees.
5) Do this fucking quickly - before they spread elsewhere. Don't put this off.
6) Oh, also: Wash everything.

Agreed. The current resurgence of bed bugs is a variety that's resistant to most pesticides.

ALSO, make sure you bed and boxspring isn't on the floor. Your bed and box and boxspring must be lifted off the floor. If you don't have a bed frame, put pieces of wood underneath of it.

pest control companies aren't very successful, just ask them. even they'll admit at least three treatments are necessary. now, look at how much that costs.

or, tackle it yourself like your dad recommends.

diatomaceous earth, bro. get it at wal-mart, home depot, lowe's, big r, etc.

a $12 dollar bag is enough to END bed-bug infestations in entire houses, let alone a single bedroom.

it's the same stuff the pest guys use. perfectly safe, used in cooking, cosmetics, etc.

just make sure you have windows open with fans blowing the air outside.. you don't want to breath much of it. the dust is ultra fine.

it kills them by doing to them what they do to you: poking holes in them and sucking them dry.

ironically beautiful.

OP again
Sufficed to say I'm convinced that an exterminator is gonna be the best way, any reccomendations/idea on how much it'll cost probably

Actually it's better to not use wood, since that's what they like to crawl into. A metal frame is ideal.

I agree, but wood is a just-in-case option.

all they're doing is charging you shitloads to use diatomaceous earth (which as i said above, you can buy and apply yourself), and on top of that, dangerous pesticides.

google how to use it. you don't, for instance, want to powder the fuck out of your bed then sleep in it. you want to vacuum the dust off after it's had time to set and do it's thing.

$700 for a 6 week, 3 treatment process in a 2 bedroom apartment. Exterminator used a heavy pesticide and heat treatment.

Pics OP

LOL mice in your house hey

Cold doesn't do Shit

Hey, exterminator are expensive, I think it mostly depends on where you live and what type of house you had. I have seen people have infestations that exterminators couldn't remove with gas or whatever.

I had bedbugs, diatomatious earth helped me out big time. I did have to throw out most of my stuff though. What I kept was double bagged and laundered, or was left outside over the winter.

That's it.
They are the only known natural enemy of the bedbug.

indiana landlord here. yeah, it does.

when i have trashy tenants that leave a bed bug mess, i winterize the home, crack all the windows, and let it freeze for a week or more in winter.

it wipes them out, completely.

keep in mind that you can buy volatile pesticides from your local farm supply and do the same thing the exterminator will do.

Also if you live in an apartment it is quite likely that they are in multiple apartments and the walls and there is really nothing you can do without removing the infestation from the whole building.

Bedbugs are literally the Niggers of the Insect World.

Don't listen to this guy, Roach spray will not work. It will simply drive them further into your bed or wherever they are hiding.
Get a bag of diatomaceous earth. It's like 9 bucks in the garden section of home depot. Apply that shit everywhere with a paintbrush. Wall cracks, outlets, mattresses, bed frames, etc. Everywhere. Reapply every week or so.
If you really have a "small infestation" (doubtful), DE will keep them under control and will eventually kill them all off if you keep it up.

>house centipede

literally having flashbacks of the giant ones i had in my old apartment

The mental anguish is horrible. Its as close as I've come to losing my mind.

This.
Dealt with the little fuckers for 2 years from a retarded house guest.
DE treatments and ive been bug free for 3 years.

Remove everything from around your bed, Vacuum and spray everything down with rubbing alcohol, wash your bedspread with hot water and high heat to dry. Put anti-bedbug covers on your boxspring and mattress, If there's any nooks and crannies on your bed frame where there might be eggs carefully scorch them with a small torch as alcohol may not kill all the eggs. If you can rent a steam cleaner use that too. Do all of this at the same time, make a day of it and be thorough.

Rubbing alchohol is good but it only kills on contact as it dries. Once it's dry it's useless. Good for on the spot killing.

Also, try a portable steamer from amazon for like 20 bucks. You can steam those little assholes to death if you find spots where they are hiding.

Bedbugs can survive for months in winter conditions without food.

i once talked to a cat flea infestation
asked them to leave
and it worked
it took a bunch of weeks though

thing is, hating reinforces them, so why not loving them?
lovingly ask them to leave
and be receptive to any need they may waver in exchange
like where will they go?
what other foothold will they keep?
they kept my room as a foothold for a long time: i could find only a couple of them sticking around for a lot of weeks
then off they went
bye fleabros
safe travels

Anybody else getting itchy just reading this thread?

blowtorch/ rubbing alchohol all live bugs you can see
spread bedbug killer everywhere in bedroom, the right shit leaves behind a white residue, I got some from a terminix guy (much cheaper than him having to come back)
keep this up and wash everything in hot ass fuck setting on dryer

also blowtorch crevices, common egg sites

Get high off of em. Theyre like mushrooms supposedly

Not OP, but this sounds like a great idea. Never heard of it being used as an insecticide before, but it's easy to see why it would work and there would be no chance of resistance as the action is mechanical.

google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://sobernation.com/kids-now-smoking-bed-bugs-get-high/&ved=0ahUKEwiojL6T44vTAhVP5mMKHZQsCp0QFghMMAs&usg=AFQjCNFqpWs1IwtiIOA-TGfEjlgXCJz9gw

Yes.

Clean your sheets regularly and put a bed bug mattress cover on your bed. Make sure you don't leave any exposed skin when you sleep and they will eventually leave on their own.

>stay away from gateway bugs.

Kek

Former Hotelmanagerfag here
Only true effective way is seal tightening the room so they cand run and dry heating the room to 180 degrees F. Its what we did for issues in our rooms. Odds are this case you have is due to travel and carrying the eggs on your clothing/personal items. To destroy the infestation on your items you have to heat anything youve been in contact with the original items you had with you to the same temp.
Sorry bub

You'll have to hire someone with the right equipment. You have to basically turn your entire house into an oven and you won't be able to readily find the industrial heaters necessary to dry the insects out. Even if you did, I very sincerely doubt that you'd be able to go in to turn your furniture to reduce cold spots without passing out from the extreme heat.

Face it, you don't know what you're doing and need professional help.

Confirmed thanks for stating what i was trying to say.
>tips fedora to you

My parents got them (theyre really wealthy too, but my mothers an idiot) and it took them months to rid of them. But i learned from the pest guys that bed bugs in the last few years are getting more and more frequent. They went from doing 2 cases a year in 2013 to almost every case being bed bugs recently. And the worst part is how theyre evolving. Theyre becoming more resistant to temperature and most pesticides, and i think he said boric acid was the only sure-fire way to kill them, but even that is coming to a close. This issue is becoming more and more frequent, and its almost an epidemic

Fun fact:
Brass or metal bedframes were first popularized because, in the event of a bed bug infestation, you could just drag the whole bed outside and soak the matress with kerosene to incinerate it. Leaving behind the bed frame for further use.

I had them in college, it was annoying but ultimately easy to get rid of them.

Get diatomaceous earth, you can buy it at like home depot or something.

How it works is pretty simple, diatoms are tiny microorganisms made out of basically glass, so they're crushed up and you get a lot of fine glass shards.

Now you sprinkle this stuff everywhere in your bed, wherever the bed bugs are, and since they're so tiny it slices up their exoskeleton and water evaporates out of them and they dry out.

Seems like it'd be harmful to humans maybe, but the cuts it makes are so tiny that you won't notice it if you do. Just drink a glass of water and imagine it filled with bed bugs to get a feel for just how much more water you can hold than a bedbug.

They'll die in like a few days to a week.

guys what if you have no idea where the bugs are located?..

i am an exterminator. you can get a company to do a heat or chemical treatment...or try it yourself.

get the chemicals temprid sc and exponent from doityourselfpestcontrol.com

Then presumably you need to treat everywhere the same, as if you knew that's where they were.

Intredasting.

just ask the bed bugs to kindly leave...?

I've had bedbugs. I live in an old apartment and they come in from cracks in the wall and floors.

Bug bombs do not work, even if it says bed bugs on the label. They hide in cracks and crevices and the poison just floats down and fades away and never even touches them.

I buy this eco bedbug spray from Bed Bath and Beyond and spray the mattress every two weeks. It kills on contact but that's all it does. It doesn't kill bedbugs that touch the mattress later.

I spread diatomaceous earth in all corners and around my bedposts. This stuff is great because it tears their exoskeletons to shreds and isn't poisonous. Don't breathe it though because it will shred your lungs.

Beyond that I keep an eye out and squish any I find. My problems have gone down to about zero since I started doing these things.

Do not mive to another room to sleep. They will follow you. You may not want to sleep in the bed anymore, but you need to to keep them where you know they are.

Some people drink a glass of water with a table spoon of food grade Diatomaceous earth.

youtube.com/watch?v=B4QpufSaIrs

Nigga, you fucked.

A friend of mine had a bed bug infestation and exterminators were out of the question.

Decontaminate, wash everything in hot water, borax, baking soda and peroxide. the borax penetrates their skeletons.

Diatomaceous earth does the same thing but that shit can make you hack like a 40 year old in ohio with smokers cough.

Then you break out the big guns. Do research on neem oil. this shit stinks worse than the devil's asshole but it prevents the bugs from reproducing and with the borax will kill them.

All this shit is non toxic.You'll have to deal with a bad smell for a few weeks but it beats deadly chemicals and your bill will be under 20 bucks instead of hundreds.

Fire Ants are a great way to get rid of bed bugs.

>Seems like it'd be harmful to humans maybe
I think I'd be more concerned with inhaling it than anything else.

here lol

I've had bedbugs in my old apartment.

We had about 5 treatments by a pest control company over the span of 2 years. 3 were chemicals applied locally, 2 of em were gas through the whole complex.

It didn't work.

We ended out moving (had enough money to buy a house), leaving behind the bed, couch and everything else made of textiles except some clothes that were washed thoroughly and put in garbage bags. That got rid of it.

So OP: Move out or burn down the house where you live. That's the only two options I see.