is this any good?

should i actually watch it?

yes

>is this any good?
yes
>should i actually watch it?
no

you've convinced me user

(i was downloading it as we speak regardless)

it's okay. Don't believe the hype. It's just a mishmash of things people that like the 80's but weren't actually there like.

Yes. It's only like 8 hours anyway, that's like 16 episodes of the nerdy cartoons you watch on weekends instead of getting laid bitch tits.

Just finished ep 2. Good so far. Got a good creepy vibe to it.

Barbara is a cute

it looks like nostalgia bait for normies, is this true? I've had people tell me to watch it but they generally have bad taste.

>Barb a cute
Oh boy.

I was kind of disappointed to be honest. The first episode is really promising but then later in the season you realize there are no likable characters and the monster looks like shit. Also most of it just doesn't make sense. Still better than most of what we have right now.

>no likable characters

The kids and el where all likeable. The chief and Will's mom weren't bad either.

Steve, Jonathan and Nancy can all fuck off tho t b h

I'm on episode 4, does it get better?

I saw the thiccness and was straight up diamonds

I wasn't alive during the 80's so no nostalgia for me. Its just a pretty good show, extreme comfy

Prepare to be disappointed senpai

idk, i didn't think there were any abrubt changes in quality between the episodes, except for a while when the chief and winona enter the portal to the other side to rescue the kid, from which they return successful, only to find out at the end that the kid got "corrupted" by the demogorgon and pukes a little alien thing in the sink, giving us a glimpse of what's gonna happen next season

Every damn day with this thread. Yes it's good watch it and join in on all the pedo El threads.

I watched it for 2 minutes and turned it off when I saw a black kid

it should've come with a trigger warning in the intro right senpaiĆ­lia?

more like a nigger warning

just finished it
give me another thing to watch please im gonna die

this was so comfy

it was pretty gud desu
but any series?

Don't know of anything that has a similar vibe
Try the first season of true detective though

in a similar style?

The Wonder Years

if there's something with a similar vibe yea
otherwise just something to pass the time
((thanks again))

I personally didn't like it.

Characters are a bit too cliche. The child actors all speak like adults. Plus, every character in the show is a bit of a dick which makes it difficult to root for anybody but the monster.

I can't put my finger on it exactly, but it really reminds me of a Stephen King book. Small town America, child protagonists, spooky monster, government conspiracy, mentally damaged people with superpowers, alternate dimensions. I loathe those books.

The one character I did like was Steve, which was surprising. He actually had depth beyond the bully, Chad, douchey boyfriend stereotype. Like how he called off his friend during the fight, or bought Johnathan a new camera. That was cool I guess.

Oh and the CGI on the monster was really bad. They show runners are constantly hiding it with flickering lights/shadows/fire/quicktakes and hoping you won't notice.

Don't know anything like it senpai
desu i'm also looking for something to watch
i was thinking of watching either Six feet under or Dekalog but idk, i heard they're both good tho, have you seen those yet?

read a book written by stephen king, nigga. Namely, It.

Too spooky for me

!! king's actually my favorite writer
but yea anything good will do

>the child actors all speak like adults
Can't recall anything like that but won't say you're wrong either
>every character was a bit of a dick
I have to disagree with that
>Steve
I found him to be surprisingly likeable as well.
>CGI was shit
Yeah it could've been better. What's funny is that they had animatronics, so idk where that went

youre in for a ride senpai

>but weren't actually there
So is this made by a bunch of 20-somethings?

>I'm on episode 4, does it get better?
>Well, I don't really know, but here's an explanation of a bunch of important events including the last scene of the entire fucking show just in case you wanted spoilers for no reason and didn't care about being surprised by any twists

You're a dick.

stop acting like you're the dude i replied that with, stop acting like he wasn't memeing

watch my fist enter your moms ass

I never said I was the guy you replied to. I just said you're a dick for offering huge spoilers for no reason that added literally nothing to your assessment when someone clearly indicated they were only partway through the show and possibly interested in finishing it.

New /stg/ up:

>someone clearly indicated they were only partway through the show and possibly interested in finishing it
mate he was shitposting, even if he wasn't, he's a retard for coming to a thread about a show he hasn't finished yet. Are you really new and getting triggered by this or am i being baited?

Maybe Twin Peaks?

>The child actors all speak like adults.
The kids spoke like actual kids, not like TV/Movie kids who never curse and can't figure out what 2 + 2 equals on their own.

>general
God damn it.

>he's a retard for coming to a thread about a show he hasn't finished yet.

You mean the thread made by someone who hasn't seen the show and wants to know if it';s worth watching? Stop acting like you're not a dick for coming into a thread made by (and likely to be frequented by) people who haven't seen or haven't finished the show and just dropping spoilers about important events and the twist fucking ending.

You'd have a point if this was /stg/ or a thread made by someone who'd just finished the show and wanted to discuss it, but it's not. It's a thread for people who haven't seen the show and want to gauge whether it's worth seeing.

Ofuc i totally forgot about twin peaks
I only watched the first episode but it was good
Thanks user

>child actors all speak like adults
try again
>difficult to root for anybody but the monster
congratulations on your autism
>I loathe those books
not really a valid point of criticism

It's enjoyable. That's it. It's only 8 episodes. You can nitpick it to fuck but at 8 episodes, what's the point? Only major annoyance I had was it's insistence on showing the era it's set in. Such as the camera focusing on a government agent carrying out an 80's board game. It gets old quick.

Netflix shills, fuck off.

u mad

go back to one of the endless capeshit threads