You have five seconds to give one good reason why nicotine/alcohol is legal and psilocybin/LSD is not

You have five seconds to give one good reason why nicotine/alcohol is legal and psilocybin/LSD is not.

Other urls found in this thread:

lysergi.com/
amazon.com/Marquis-Mandelin-Reagents-Identification-Reaction/dp/B00TY3OO60
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because the harm that lsd causes is much greater than alcohol.

Prove it.

you can make money off addictive substances much easier than non addictive substances.

Plus people can function/work with these drugs.

Lsd would get people thinkin too much

ding ding ding ding ding

The fact that psilo and LSD are naturally-occurring (i.e. easily-obtainable), non-addictive and actually help break other addictions and correct anxiety/depression means that the tobacco and liquor (as well as many other industries) would lose massive amounts of business if the people using their products as crutches instead took ONE (one) dose of psilo/LSD.

Because society says so.

I wouldn't say LSD is naturally occurring. Lysergic Acid is naturally occurring, but not LSD

The fact that you dumb niggers try to justify LSD is hilarious
> I can understand weed
> I don't like weed, but I can understand it
> LSD is a hard drug
> just because it's naturally occurring doesn't mean shit
> so because it's naturally in your body let's just inject feces and adrenaline
> topkek.jpg

Also that

Taxes.

Solid meme, brah. The fact that many religious and spiritual tropes were established while under the used of psilocybin and psychedelic indicates that it has the psychological power to make new connections - a conclusion backed by the modern studies that show that it helps make new neurological connections. The established meme magicians (i.e. politicians, religious leaders, economic kings, etc.) do not want the populace making their own new connections and driving down the stock of the memes that are currently in place.

because hallucinogens aren't family friendly,
you can't really be around kids while you're fucked up on LSD
also, faggots like you are a portion of the reason it's so hard to get marijuana legalized
stop questioning the legality of dumbass substances and pick your fuckin battles.
You get weed and that's a win,
>you're skipping the sure win and trying for something so far fetched you should be smacked in the mouth for even asking.

Because then we'd have faggots like OP everywhere

Nicotine and alcohol are for normal people.

LSD is for hippies, and hippies can go fuck themselves.

No, the justification would be because LSD is proven to be beneficial for multiple medical and psychological conditions, not because you can boil it out of a flower.

LSD and Psilocybin can bring out underlying mental health issues.

much more money to be made from the former

Arbitrary circumstances and agendas. Nixon hated hippies. Hippies liked hallucinogens

Bad trip
>suicide
>accident
>psychosis

I agree it should be legal but there are obvious potential hazards

LSD helped me create a zeroday for iOS

read person below you

LSD show no signs of a hard drug except for length of high, intensity is completely up to you if it was legal

You shouldn't be around kids when you're blackout drunk either. You're cherrypicking.

So can alcohol - and alcohol can even create entirely new issues like addiction! Yay!

ding ding ding ding ding

All completely secondary. You can also literally kill yourself by drinking too much alcohol.

There is literally no reason that psilo/LSD should be illegal.

because blacks smoke menthol's and rednecks put beer bottles in their asses

Tin foil hat detected

You should be smoking or getting drunk around kids either

nicotine and alcohol are controlled by the government

When used by doctors under controlled conditions for specific diagnosed issues. Not when used by some self-medicating faggot.

Nicotine: Tobacco products are proven deadly but they don't alter your mind state.

Alcohol: A lot of deaths and crime is easily attributed to alcohol consumption but most people are able to enjoy alcohol without any adverse consequences. Also, prohibition didn't work in the '20s; no way it'd work now.

All this said I have no problem with the responsible use of psychedelics. It's not my thing but whatever floats your goat.

Irrelevant, if your afraid of that don't do any drugs

The legality of a substance with negative effects doesn't mean another substance with different negative effects should be legal.

I called you a name. That means I win!

>implying that the benefits can ONLY be obtained under lab conditions

Besides that, psilo/LSD has far less of the BAD results that nicotine/alcohol has.

The fact that psilo/LSD alters your mind state is a GOOD thing. It is proven to help with addiction, anxiety and depression. Alcohol just fucks you up, kills brain cells and possibly kills you.

Lsd is sued by dirty hippies and that should be reason enough

>different negative effects

Much less negative effects plus significant positive effects, whereas the legal thing is basically legal suicide.

> thought I was the only one that said "whatever floats your goat"

>>story time
> be me
> at hospital
> lady on other side of curtain
> she's on phone
> talking to someone in serious tone
> eavesdropping.jpg
> she says "some say it's wrong to fill your animals with helium, but I say whatever floats your goat"
> start cackling as loud as possible
> stupidjokegotme.png
> from that point forward always use goat instead of boat

That's a question for your legislature, not Sup Forums

>bad trip
Use your shit responsibly

exactly

What "negative effects"?

Nor does any of this mean substances with negative effects should be illegal.

It's completely relevant. Psychotic symptoms from a weekend of tripping are a bigger deal than having to deal with rebound effects of weekend drinking. It's easier to deal with a sore stomach and feeling a little groggy than having flashbacks while driving or working.

>laws are designed to make your life safer and more enjoyable

Because most Americans are retarded and would have a bad trip and do something stupid. Also they obviously don't want most people with open minds.(bad for business)

Path dependcy

One can drink a beer or smoke a cigarette without getting drunk or high.

You can't do a small "social" dose of shrooms/lsd.

>Also they obviously don't want most people with open minds.(bad for business)

ding ding ding ding ding

no big industries were founded selling LSD.
>The tobacco industry has been around for a hell of a long time, and has a lot of money and power to play with.
They don't want any competitors.

>You can't do a small "social" dose of shrooms/lsd.

>what is microdosing

People are literally doing this and it is curing their depression, anxiety, etc.

five seconds? it takes ten just to click all these fucking gas stations

How many people do you know who tripped too much and ended up tripping for the rest of their life? I know of a couple.

Being stuck tripping forever is a fate worse than reducing your lifespan 20 years.

>lmfao "flashbacks"
Woah you must be very experienced.

>The fact that psilo/LSD alters your mind state is a GOOD thing. It is proven to help with addiction, anxiety and depression. Alcohol just fucks you up, kills brain cells and possibly kills you.

I think it certainly can be a good thing, and there definitely seem to be some therapeutic applications for LSD et al, but it can also be a bad thing depending on mind state and setting. I dunno, there's a lot to consider. As for alcohol, yeah I'm not gonna argue with any of that. I've had problems with it in the past so I'm intimately familiar with the darker side of it, but the problem isn't in the bottle; it's in the person drinking from it. If not alcohol they'll just find something else. Besides, it'll never be illegal again. Governments pull too much revenue from it and our species has thousands of years of history with it. Shit, most populations have genetic mutations to better metabolise it. It's not gonna go anywhere any time soon.

Giving yourself alcohol poisoning and dying is also pretty bad. But wow, I'm glad you told me about that! That sure makes me look at this with a completely different perspective. That totally justifies those substance being illegal.

I tried alcohol and I got addicted. I tried cocaine and now I'm dead. I blame cancer.

>Being stuck tripping forever
Groundhog Day

>Tobacco products proven deadly but they don't alter your mind state.

Definition of drug: a medicine or other substance which has a physiological effect when ingested or otherwise introduced into the body.

Tobacco naturally contains nicotine in it. The extra additives (like ammonia) lets the release of more nicotine. Nicotine is a stimulant, which arouses the brain into an increased state of alertness. Essentially, nicotine does alter your mind state, and the come down is what causes people to continue smoking more cigarettes. In addition to nicotine correlating to increased risk of heart disease, the added carcinogens increase the risk of cancer, emphysema, etc.

The only reason why tobacco is legalized is because companies make money off of it and it is way too late to make a ban on tobacco products.

Just food for thought, though.

IIIII'mfsdam

fuck

I'm trying to reply quickly. Within the aparararmeters sets.

>>Type this message

"NO ROBO"

fucking storefronts
alsways storesronts
hate storefronts
some aren't even fucking storefronts

damimmmit

bugs crawling up arm

kill bugs with kife

bugs ded
arm bleeds

now these bats

need more lsd

kek af

No good reason. That's just the way it worked out. It's not like illegal drugs are hard to get though. Now go worry about something important.

Because bad hallucinations are worse than throwing up

>be 20 years old
>haven't tripped in 9 months
>Just got off an 8 hour shift
>driving through a tiny town with few cars or people around
>look down at the asphault
>these technicolor fractal patterns travel from the right side of the road
>It travels from the right side of the road across the asphault
>gets to the right side and the flickering like a poor signal from analog rabbits ears travels over the curb
>I pull over to watch the creation of my mind and walk across the street
>it starts over and does it again
>gets to grass
>the grass is moving back and forth with the color static coming our of it and forming geometric patterns
>It moves to the side of an old brick building
>as it travels up the brick building I see each adjacent brick pop out towards me with the static emanating from each outline
>It gets to the top and a plume of this technicolor fractalizing static
>overcome with emotions of how beautiful what I saw just was I cry tears of joy
>a huge smile is plastered across my face
>I get back in my car and head home

Lsd is not a hard drug...people dont suck dick to get a stamp of acid

Keep in mind you might not even be getting LSD. you might be getting a research chemical that is completely untested on humans and you just believe it is acid. Anything that has a dose less than 1mg can fit on a blotter.

So I'm seeing some of you fags saying that LSD makes you have an "open mind"

what the actual mental deficiency do you have

LSD doesn't fucking open your mind it makes you a fucking conspiracist theory psychopath who snorts cocaine out of stripper's asshole
> factaf.png
> topkek.jpg

But seriously, how fucking stupid can one be to claim that a drug damaging your brain is "opening your mind"

That's like breaking your finger and claiming to be double jointed ffs.

Because while all of those are psychoactive, only the two of them that are actual hallucinogens are illegal.

You fucking moron.

So it's purely because they're hallucinogenic?

Snorting cocaine out of a strippers asshole sounds pretty badass.

t. night tripper

Because hippies are fucking lame.

all psychedelics should be legal.

lysergi.com/
research chemicals and analogues

amazon.com/Marquis-Mandelin-Reagents-Identification-Reaction/dp/B00TY3OO60
testing kits for those and street drugs

>did shrooms for the first time
>had awful trip
>changed my personality and now I'm socially awkward as fuck
Fuck shrooms