Merge the Spanish and Portuguese league

Merge the Spanish and Portuguese league.

This way Benfica, Sporting Lissabon and Porto get some real teams to play, and Real Madrid, Barcelona get more competition.

Would be based if it happened.

Other urls found in this thread:

soccerstats.com/attendance.asp?league=england2
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No.

This is a really, really weak gimmick, sven. I don't want to see this thread again.
thanks

no

rather remove 5 teams in primera

Merging leagues isn't gonna solve the bullshit that is modern football. All that'd happen is Benfica, Sporting and Porto would become midtable nobodies and nothing else would really change.

>bullshit that is modern football

video replay and massive fines and cumulatively increasing bans for diving would. so on the third time someone is found to have dove that season they should get slammed with a 10 match ban or something crazy.

there is nothing wrong with how European soccer is structured in my opinion, league titles are still bizarre to us Americans, and even more bizarre is that the holy grail of soccer (the world cup) is a playoff system.

looking at champions league winners, and looking at the quality of how they played, the winner seems to accurately represent the "best team." I firmly believe that even if the UCL were decided in a points-league system (which it really can't without shrinking massively due to the number of games), the same teams that won the playoff would come out on top.

> Iberian League
merge Spain, Portugal & Andorra

> Britannia League
merge England, Scotland, Wales, Ireland, Ireland 2 & Faroe

> Gallia League
merge France, Belgium, Switzerland & Luxemburg

> Germania League
merge Deutschland, Austria, Netherlands & Liechtenstein

> Soviet League
merge Russia, Ukraine, Moldova, Belarus, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Georgia & Kazakhstan

> Scandinavia League
merge Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark & Iceland

> Yugoslav League
merge Slovenia, Hrvatska, Bosnia, Serbia, Montenegro, Kosovo & Macedonia

> Czechoslovak League
merge Czech rep, Slovakia & Hungary

> Italic League
merge Italia, Malta, San Marino & Vatican city

> Byzantium League
merge Turkey, Greece, Romania, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Armenia & Azerbaijan

> Polish League
merge Poland & Israel

>video replay and massive fines and cumulatively increasing bans for diving would. so on the third time someone is found to have dove that season they should get slammed with a 10 match ban or something crazy.
I tend to agree, but FIFA is corrupt and most football fans are pants on head retarded, so it's never gonna happen. I've given up agitating for it, nobody cares, I've got better things to do than watch a sport that could very easily be amazing but unfortunately is not.

>there is nothing wrong with how European soccer is structured in my opinion, league titles are still bizarre to us Americans, and even more bizarre is that the holy grail of soccer (the world cup) is a playoff system.
The World Cup is only looked up to so much because it only happens every four years. Everyone knows the best standard of football is now at the top club teams.

>looking at champions league winners, and looking at the quality of how they played, the winner seems to accurately represent the "best team." I firmly believe that even if the UCL were decided in a points-league system (which it really can't without shrinking massively due to the number of games), the same teams that won the playoff would come out on top.
It wasn't always like that. Because there are only three or four real contenders each season the best of those few teams usually wins. In years gone by the Champions League was a lot harder to call and it played out more like the cup competition that it is.

Benfica, Porto, and Sporting would easily be on par with Sevilla - that has sacrificed their league exhibitions in prol of winning the UEFA

Not when they're competing in the same league as Barcelona and Real Madrid. Bandwagoners who follow the big 3 in Portugal because they win stuff would soon stop following them and follow other teams instead. It's the same argument people make about Rangers and Celtic joining the English league, people only follow them because they win shit all the time. They would win way less if they joined the English league.

So they would go down in the table because they would lose supporters? That's some twisted and retwisted logic.

Anyhow, you completely disregard the iberian history and assume there are bandwagoners in every country - even when the migrant population is much smaller etc.

>Finland
>Iceland
>Scandinavia
when will this meme ever end
call it the "nordic league"

More people will want to watch Benfica vs Real Madrid than Benfica vs Moreirense.

This would be a huge boost for the big Portuguese clubs.

>less supporters
>less money
>less good players
>less good league position
That logic holds pretty well across all leagues.

There are bandwagoners in every country, the UK has a particularly non-bandwagon culture and we still suffer greatly with it. soccerstats.com/attendance.asp?league=england2 that is the 2nd division in England, its attendance averages look like a top division in almost every other league in Europe. In Spain with very few exceptions most people just bandwagon Barca and Real.

>implying that both farcelona and real madrid's corrupticos actually want competition

But no one will care about Benfica when they are to Real Madrid what Moreirense are to Benfica.

>merge Poland Israel

hmmm the Israelis staged a holocaust to get away from the Pols I don't think they'd like this

>nordic league"
will di next time

Outside of Scandinavia the definition of Scandinavia is more loose and it's often accepted that Iceland and Finland can be included. Don't be too upset.

>most money comes from supporters
wew; not even in here that's the case

And then you assume having a smaller distribution on clubs supported means people support them because they win/won. Truth is, it has to do with state centralism and general poverty.

Two things about Portugal:
a) we all play moneyball and take it very seriously
b) it's not uncommon to have rival supporters supporting each other in european competitions

And still, Benfica is currently the 8th european club with more attendance.

Say that to all the clubs that come behind Benfica in CL participation (tip: ALL of them except Real)

>since wrongdoing is widely done, it's right

>wew; not even in here that's the case
It doesn't come from supporters, it comes as a result of the club being a larger brand due to having larger supporter bases.
>And then you assume having a smaller distribution on clubs supported means people support them because they win/won. Truth is, it has to do with state centralism and general poverty.
I don't assume it, it's clearly true on the face of it.

>Say that to all the clubs that come behind Benfica in CL participation (tip: ALL of them except Real)
None of that will matter when Benfica is just another average club.

>>since wrongdoing is widely done, it's right
That's literally how evolution of languages work. That's why your native language is Portuguese and my native language is English even though 10,000 years ago they were the same language.

Top portuguese teams are way worse than at least top 3 in spain though?

>it comes as a result of the club being a larger brand due to having larger supporter bases.
I see the point but you overestimate it.
>it's clearly true on the face of it.
Not an argument
>just another average club.
Say that to all the teams with less CL finals disputed (tip: ALL of them except Real, Barça, Milan, Juve, and Bayern)

>concepts are the same as terms

>I see the point but you overestimate it.
No, I don't. The only time this rule ever doesn't strictly follow is when a club has a sugardaddy.
>Not an argument
Fine. So it's just a coincidence that people happen to pick to support the teams that win stuff all the time?
>Say that to all the teams with less CL finals disputed (tip: ALL of them except Real, Barça, Milan, Juve, and Bayern)
All history. We're talking about what's GOING to happen, not what already happened.

You really want to get into this? The name Scandinavia itself comes from the bastardisation of the name of a region in Sweden. But hey, don't let facts get in the way of your dumb little argument.

>when a club has a sugardaddy.
Thing is, you're used to a lot of sugar. The 1.5M€ we get from winning a match in the CL is already sweet to us.
>coincidence
I stated the reason above: «it has to do with state centralism and general poverty».
>We're talking about what's GOING to happen
Benfica had their darkest period on the 90's and early 2000's - when everyone got rich. We have the conditions to get back at it, even with unfair competition (oil clubs).

Region in Sweden that got its name at a time in which the ones that gave its name thought of it all as an island. Name comes from a goddess, which was common to Norway, Sweden, and Denmark (that controlled Sweden and explored Norway)

but wtv post-truth it is

Atletico Madrid, Sevilla >>> Porto, Benfica, Sporting

Atlético Madrid >> Sevilla = Benfica > Sporting >> Porto

atm

Yeah, you're right