>I suggested that he should listen to more classicals and jazz
> he got offended and stopped replying
>PMed him a good jazz tutorial video
>he immediately replied saying he knows jazz
>recc him a few jazz and classical artists
> still unhappy he wanted me to rec him a classical "track"
>recc him firebird by stravinky and he stopped replying
>how am i suppose to form a band with someone so close minded

he is a decent guitar player but only confine to listening to alt rock and classical rock

Why are ppl so sensitive about opening up to new genres?

music for this feel..

petzold

How do I subscribe to your blog op?

how do u know I have blog? its called sound over mind but its in hiatus after several of my writers quit.

for now i am concertrating on improving my guutar and piano skills while learnig drumming.

hopefully ill tour with my friend after my graduation by the end of this year

are you me?

are you that guy that got the surgery to get taller?

if ur like me then u need to add me on facebook
wats ur facebook? u can email me at [email protected]

from this conversation im not sure who the bigger faggot is.....

>>"My friend doesn't want me to pester him with music that he has never and will never give a shit about"
>"Please help I feel sad now why can't he like what I want him to like"
Fuck off

music for this feel would be bands that play alot of different kinds of genres so like...
zeppelin , beck, zappa, miles davis, or mr. bungle.

other than that, its super difficult to get 5 guys on your same page in a band.
Ive tried many times in the last 30 years of playing.
I took a hiatus on forming a new band while im just recording a bunch of my originals with a good producer that gets good sounds.
my advice is keep writing

>other than that, its super difficult to get 5 guys on your same page in a band.

The hard part is finding 5 people who are not complete uneducated retards. A difference of opinion is not as relevant as a lack of one.

t. pianist and keyboardist: all the people I've played with so far were either completely uneducated (uncapable of recollecting even the most basic theoretical notion), or brainwashed technicians (guitarists are usually guilty of this: either they know nothing, or they've learned too much without ever challenging what they've learnt, ending up being stylistical drones uncapable of doing anything new).

top kek

You literally can't debate this.

move. your town must be shit

you can literally attribute that to any instrument you fucking retard are you actually that stupid

i am not debating it. i am KEKING it!

keyboardists and classical musicians tend to know their shit without being indoctrinated by the style of a single musician.
This almost never happens when it comes to drummers, guitarists, singers and bassists: there's always a very high chance that the guy you're playing with is a unimaginative, ignorant idiot, devoid of any sensibility and art.

thats true ppl often underestimate the power od claesical ans jazz piece

one drummer said after drumming for years he only started to improve after opening up to jazz

wtf, why are you talking about our conversation of Sup Forums? Did you really think I didn't browse here?

fuck! i should have known!

wtf u doing here anyway? i thought u said Sup Forums was too meme for u

kek

>music is his passion
>he still can't read music scores
>he never studied theory, melody, harmony, rhythm and counterpoint
>he can't listen to music and transcribe it in his head

wew

who are u tallimg about?

I'm talking about 98% of the musicians you'll meet in your lifetime, senpai

what video?

>tfw formed a band with close friends from high school
>we all have fairly wide taste in music and have serious chemistry since we jammed every week and still get together during college breaks
>regularly share finds with each other
>we're all low key into learning theory and stuff so we're getting better quicker and constantly improving
Really makes me feel blessed, dudes.
I hope you find what you're looking for, user, it's the best feel when you find another musician that you just click with.

LOL

Is the music that you want to play really technical? Do you like Alt rock and/or are you trying to do something that's technically progressive for the sake of it? What music do you like and what are you going for in your music?

>Is the music that you want to play really technical?

I play with lots of bands, but the background is always inherently classical (mainly instrumental music with non-classic instruments, in a band context). It's not really about technique and complexity, it's more about musicality, which is something trivially easy to find in the classical and jazz community, but rare as pearls in the moment you step outside of it.

>Do you like Alt rock and/or are you trying to do something that's technically progressive for the sake of it?
Again, I've never mentioned technique, and I'm actually not interested in it. If I have to be honest with my sensibility, I really can't stand virtuosity when it comes to keyboards and electric guitars and basses (drums is a whole other deal, I really can appreciate a good drummer).

I'm more interested in structure, form and emotion: I want my public to experience the sublime.

u just summarize my thoughts
if only ppl understand this...

i stopped sharing my musical interests with my friend