This is why you don't make music for gay SJWs

This is why you don't make music for gay SJWs.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ji-EdRtL9qU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Has anyone actually said what and who exactly the alleged sexual assault involved?

new thread. good, good. I will sit in these threads as long as there is the tiniest drop of schadenfreude left to suck from these losers.

(That's how much MY life sucks rn)

literally all that's been said about him is that he kissed some people when he shouldn't have. and then the anonymous Jezebel woman basically made the same claim that Larkin Grimm did against Michael Gira in that Ben started fucking a girl while she was passed out.

the best part of this whole thing is that all the queer people I know who are devastated by this are praising themselves for shutting PWR BTTM down so quick and saying how mad they are that straight communities don't do the same for their favorite artists. like....you do realize your community is insane, right? the majority of people believe in innocent until proven guilty, which is why only a small # of people take these incidents at face value. the way PWR BTTM's been betrayed by their entire fanbase is honestly tragic, especially if Ben is completely innocent. they will never recover from this. Liv will probably make her own statement any minute now cutting ties with Ben

hey not cringe at all

why does anyone enjoy this bland as fuck garage rock garbage

SJWs stopped caring about gay people seconds after gay marriage became legal. Now they only care about trans and poc.

I feel slightly better about continuing to listen to JANK. But I can't help but feel guilty when I listen to PWR BTTM now.

that's because you're a fucking idiot

thats because straight white upper class male cis gays are often abusers and just because they are outcasted by straight white males use that as an excuse to think they are immune from racism and sexism even though they are often perpetrators of those systems and are inhenrly benefitting from a system of cultural capital that exploits people of non white, noncis, identity

what did Jank do?

It's like an Aesop fable

>collect easy shekels by pandering to insane people
>insane people destroy you because they're insane

Also sexual abuse allegations against Matt (guitarist/vocalist)
But the alleged incident was just a miscommunication where both parties were drunk.

Gay rights were a mistake desu, just look at /lgbt/

yeah i know
How do i not be an idiot

>tfw cant be a contrarian cause their music is also shit

lol good

matt has always been a fucking loser

>the alleged incident was just a miscommunication where both parties were drunk
rape culture for you. thats rape....

This is something else. Like the definition of hypocritical. It's like the opposite side of the mega-church-pastor-gets-caught-with-gay-prostitutes coin

Wait what's going on

The strangest thing about this band is that their last album was *fanTASTic*, and their new Pageant absolutely sucks in every possible way. Fucking awful record. Everything about their sound on Ugly Cherries is gone somehow

I HATED this band when the only song I heard was that terribly cheesy "Answer my Text" from the new album, but then I saw*this* and got a slap in the face. These couple songs right here are stellar, esp. those middle 2

youtube.com/watch?v=ji-EdRtL9qU

Also I'm partial to the one member because they look like Roland of Tears for Fears :')

But it's not, you fucking retard

i think he has the same opinion as you on this issue, friend

Yep.

I can see the grin on your face from here.

This is something I said in the first thread about this incident, so glad to have been, once again, ahead of the curve.

Not really.

PWR BTTM's problem is that they forgot that queer people are not what they were. Queer people used to be sexy, outgoing, unshockable punks. Queer people now are virginal shut-ins constantly trying to force their aged parents to picture their genitalia. If you flirt with them the way that you routinely would in a gay club, they will hyperventilate and try to destroy you. All the stereotypes about sexually frustrated people have not become any less true now that those people can create the simulation of a social life using the internet.

Pretty much.

I think Liv will stand by him.

burn with him*

wow

I think the reason that the Gira case was different is because so many people immediately came to Michael's aid. Even the man's second ex-wife posted a long message online saying how much bs the rape allegations were. The way that PWR BTTM handled this whole situation was shit and wrong in basically every way. I agree with the other sentiments in this thread on how surprisingly quick the band was shut the fuck down after these 'allegations' and how uncalled for it was. Have you guys heard that their music is being taken off of all the major streaming sites? Fucking insane.

If I was ever a person in the public eye and was accused of rape I'd make sure to put out a detailed message myself on the matter and hope that my friends and family vouch for me. Not set up an email or some dumb shit like that...

i think in their community trying to deny it at all is seen as bad no matter what
regardless of the veracity of the claims they'll just whine about how they're calling rape victims liars on principle if they challenge it

Also T-Rextasy said they had known about the accusation for months. Also Kitty Pryde had DMs from Ben from back in December where he asked her if some random comment she made about sexual assault in music scenes was about him even though there was no indication it would be about him.

pitchfork fucking removed their over/under episode. What the fuck.

because if it's not on the internet it's like they never existed :)