This movie was fucking awesome! As a standalone movie based off the anime source material, it was brilliant

This movie was fucking awesome! As a standalone movie based off the anime source material, it was brilliant

Other urls found in this thread:

mangago.me/read-manga/ghost_in_the_shell/an/ghost-in-the-shell-chapter-1.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nope, it sucked. It's a canned ocidentalized version that ran away too far from the original plot, and Scarlett Johansson acted awfully, she walked like she got her ass fucked every night before shooting the movie. Really, it sucked.

No it is the best anime adaptation ever. The best live adaption of anything because it incorporated so much of the source material. No other director could have done what Rupert Sanders did.

It was more amusing than I thought it would be, but far from brilliant. The plot was really uninspiring. This movie was better left unmade.

6/10

Saw the anime.
Saw the movie.

I must say it was good. Not awesome or spectacular in terms of the adaptation to the big screen, but it was allright.

Visuals were nice, acting performance was correct, editing was appropriate, sound and music design supported the visuals. But it wasn't "OMG" just "it's cool".

I don't disagree that it was the best anime adaptation yet, but that is a really low bar to pass.

She acted wonderfully and she's really hot, 10/10

Does anyone know what 80's car is most similar to this? It's like a mix between a DeLorean and a Countach.

Love that car

(You)
Oh yeah, plus the amazing graphical textures

That doesn't really help. Cool pics though. Here's a pic of a Lotus Esprit.

Fucking talent

Looks pretty close. I guess the Ghost in the Shell artbook would detail the exact model the car is

My wife and I really liked it too. I'd go see a sequel if they made one.

>I'd go see a sequel if they made one.
I really hope this gets a sequel. Hope it does better next weekend with the box office

When has a movie ever done better after its first week in theaters?

Loved how they gave her a similar costume to the clothes Major wears in Arise

The fuck is wrong with everyone in this thread?

It was a failed attempt at making a live action version of the anime. Why? Because it tried so hard to make an EXACT FUCKING COPY, and the only thing scarlet johanson can do is swing her hair around and look good in a pseudo naked body suit.

I mean, if you paid 7-12 bucks for that, i'm not mad at you. But the movie fucking sucked, i'd rather watch the anime.

Well people were cautious about this but if a lot watch youtubers like Chris Stuckman and AngryJoe who gave it a positive review then those people who were on the fence may go and see it

I need to take my weeb sister to this in roughly 15 hours.... I hope what you're saying is true.

It was a lotus espirit

>Because it tried so hard to make an EXACT FUCKING COPY
Not true. It had an original story. Yes it took references and scenes from the 1995 movie but I thought they worked very well like the garbageman scene.

I actually thought this was slightly better than the 1995 movie because we got more characterisations of Major and Batou and I loved the Innocence Basset Hound being in this movie.

Are you posting this here because you got rejected by Sup Forums or something

btw it would have sucked if they just copied the 1995 story. Glad they didn't because the 1995 movie has nothing but philosophy dialogue and puppetmaster who wants to infect the cyber system. That's the whole plot

>It had an original story

A shitty, dumbed down story that completely dropped the ball on The Major's crisis of identity.

An exact copy probably would have been fine, but they turned into a half copy plus an origin story.

I hardly post on Sup Forums anymore and I want to see if they actually have movie discussions anymore

>An exact copy probably would have been fine
No way. Copying the 1995 movie completely would be shit.

A really cool gun prop

A normal looking gun with a transparent cutaway. Ok...

What naked shillery is this?
That's not even remotely cool.

>We can't we have different things

I think he was being sarcastic.

It was fucking epic, loved the original, loved the new film.

this is obviously a troll move dude stop this dumb shit

SCARJO WAS THE LEAD THE MOVIE SUCKS COCK GET OVER IT

this thread feels like some really lazy attempt at viral marketing to convince everyone it isnt a turd

No, I don't think so.
Some dullard keeps making this same thread over and over with the same shallow opinions, he's got to be getting paid.

Marketing department's in overdrive because the film bombed opening weekend.

Wayyyyyy better than Dragonball evolution

Is it difficult working so hard to dislike something?

Exactly user

Have you even seen it? Believe me it is a fucking great movie.

btw there is hardly any action as it is mainly dialogue driven just like the anime

reminder that the Major looks white in the original movie

haven't seen the anime, not gonna see the movie.
do not care.

If you like cyberpunk and a good emotional story about someone finding out about their true identity then you will love this

Here you guys go. Must have been real fuckin hard for a AAA+ multi million dollar budget movie maker to acquire a fucking UZI prop instead of using a fucking super soaker.

Cool, great choice to have a sad, non-minimalistic conforming attitude do you earn all the free zero smiles

see
perhaps the plastic look of the weapons is the director's own style of guns of the future or something

Who cares, it's great

SPIDER TANK!

I thought it dragged on a little until the spider tank scene. I am a casual fan of Ghost in the Shell anime and I thought it was really damn good

>slant eyes
>single eyelid
>weak jaw
>strong cheekbones

Nah.
Also the movie is itself an adaptation, this is what she really looks like

This movie was fucking awesome. I don't get why the complaints except for whitewashing. It would have been better as a Rated R version with nude like the anime. The best live adaptation of any anime.

is that meant to be from the manga?

Finally someone mentions it. I wasn't going to watch it until I confirmed they had that scene.

>It would have been better as a Rated R version with nude like the anime.
Well we did see Scarjo's side tit when she was undressing on the boat scene

>I wasn't going to watch it until I confirmed they had that scene.
the final trailer reveals this scene and yes her body becomes muscular like in the original and she looses a limb as it does the slow mo thing like in the original

Same here. Maybe I'll see if she wants too see it again this weekend to improve the chances lol

I would watch it twice but in general I don't watch any movie twice.I hope this get a sequel.

Yes.

same I really wanna see it again

I hope we get an unrated edition

any news on that?

Sadly the filmmakers have been silent about the movie since release hmm

That's a pretty far cry from the anime, which is likely the main source of inspiration for the new movie.

I'm not sure this movie had any inspiration whatsoever.

>No other director could have done what Rupert Sanders did.

I haven't in about 15 years, but when I was younger me and my friends would go like 2 or 3 times. Then again, we were like 13-14 and that was the only thing we could do.

I haven't heard anything in it. I agree with you or the other user who wanted it R rated. I really liked it, but I think it would have potentially been badass.

>Snow White and the Huntsman
>6.1 on IMDB
>Ghost in the Shell
>6.9 on IMDB and FALLING FAST

where can I read the manga in English?

>I'm not sure this movie had any inspiration whatsoever.
Have you even seen it? It has TONS of references from 1995 movie, the sequel Innocence, SAC etc.

The filmmakers really studied the source material well

Do you really think any other director would have bothered to put the Basset Hound part in? Or the Arise costume?

google it loser

>she walked like she got her ass fucked every night before shooting

You know actually giving me a link since you people prob already know would be helpful. I was just asking. Please don't be so mean :(

www.google.com

No other director would be stupid enough to commit professional suicide by touching this IP in the first place.

Rote repetition is not inspiration.

>Do you really think any other director would have bothered to put the Basset Hound part in? Or the Arise costume?
Literally any director other than Nolan would have done this, provided they would lower themselves to working on this mess of a production.

Well I am glad Rupert Sanders made this because he really surprised me with how close this was to the source material

Based on????

>oh your opinion

Yeah, it very clearly adapted many scenes from the original movie to its new storyline.

Thank God they weren't lazy and actually made his cyborg eyes practical

Okay I found this. Is this the actual first Manga of GitS?
mangago.me/read-manga/ghost_in_the_shell/an/ghost-in-the-shell-chapter-1.html

I wanna make sure it is

I hope they have some scenes of her getting ass fucked every night as one of the DVD extras. I may skip the movie, but I'll rent that DVD.

i'm not clicking that shit

seconded

>i'm not clicking that shit
well then here it is in pic related.

So is this the actual first manga? Hell knows where to find the other sequels then

Do you have any idea how cozy that pic makes me feel? Will you rename it cozy and repost it so I can go to bed? Plz user

The fuck is wrong with you, you retard?

>he hasn't seen the movie

>fuck my ghost asshole

do it yourself fagot

How do you know she even has an asshole?

character doesn't have orifices "down there"

No it has to be you. Don't be a dick.

thats the second one

If Scarlett has no asshole, my cousin has a lot of splaining to do