/who/ - Doctor Who General

The Twin Dilemma edition.
It's awful, yes, but how awful on a scale from 1 to 10?

Throttled:

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/cats12MCT/status/760760605032579072
mega
youtube.com/watch?v=5YvRitl8fA4
twitter.com/PhilSandifer/status/761262004388724736
tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Book_of_Future_Legends
twitter.com/AndrozaniCritic
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

My girlfriend.

No need to lie user, we're all friends here.

More like
Pleb choice: Star Trek
Patrician choice: Doctor Who.

What does that make the Assimilation2 comic?

plebtrician

When someone says The Twin Dilemma 'has its charm'

Stop fucking about and get your dumb girlfriend to voice Nirvi already

I did a religious symbolism version, is this kino?:
>The Child and the Demon
>The Old Man and the Angel
>Lake of Wraiths
>Flood of Fates
>Mortal Shells
>Immortal Sins
>In Her Own Image
>The Mirror of Judgement
>Eye Witness
>Nevermore
>The Hellbird
>Hybrid Souls

Is Cutout user here? I asked @Dalek6388 about the photo used for the Dalek cutouts and they told me it was pic related from The Chase.

twitter.com/cats12MCT/status/760760605032579072

How would you make a good dalek episode?

daleks were cybermen the whole time

more evil chanting from the daleks please. the scene in power of the daleks where they all chant "daleks conquer and destroy!" is the scariest thing Classic Who ever produced. it's so chilling you forget that its just 4 dalek props and a bunch of cardboard cutouts

An episode from the point of view of the daleks and The Doctor is a secondary character that just pop up every now and then
Like love and monsters but with daleks
Maybe a conflict between the Daleks and another powerful alien

>It's a the entire episode is Evelyn cornering one of her students and telling an increasingly rambly story episode
Why is Jacqueline Rayner so underrated?

Reminder that books

Big Finish needs to fire somebody. That cover looks like someone just hastily assembled a few stock photos in photoshop, plus putting the names above Doctor Who? When the fuck did they start doing that? Also is the "or.." bit part of the title? an alternate title? Why is it not the same size as the rest or at least bigger than the author.

I didn't know George Costanza was a companion.

That's fan made, genius. The outrageous shittiness should really have clued you in, if not the filename.

And now Pie Lord got into a sea shanty/rum drinking contest

I'm unsure what else can be done with Daleks. We've had, in the last 3 series
>Dalek Clala in denial
>Fantastic Voyage into a Dalek
>Baby Davros
WTF else can the writers possibly think of?

Well meme'd

Odd little blog post: I recently started uploading files to my MEGA account, which I hadn't touched in several months, and the only file I saw was "The Twin Dilemma".

I hoped someone would appreciate it. You can make your own @ strangergif com. Had to convert it to webm because i kept getting an error whenever I'd try and load the .gif.

>come aboard the TARDIS to go on adventures with a cute, fun and polite Doctor
>after one episode he turns into a shit and tries to strangle you
Poor Peri. Then again, she never even thanked the Doctor for sacrificing himself to save her from the poison.

I found the full version of this pic after looking for what seems like forever. Posting here so someone can condescendingly tell me how I coulda found it in 5 minutes

link? I remember you having the coolest stuff. Glad you're back, and thanks again for getting me into Big Finish all those Halloweens ago

I'll be honest, I've got like six or something. The one I've currently got is full of Swans albums in both MP3 and FLAC formats. Lemme know if you want that though.

desu my ex spoiled Swans for me but hell I'll take it

mega DOT nz/#F!GNIl1YqR!4M3Xm6M7EplgUmh6SCupkQ

Grazie senor

I've also got Gira's solo stuff.

What are the two most different Doctors? Hartnell and McGann? Smith and Colin?

Davison and McCoy

Davison and Hurt maybe

2 and 11
5 and 8

Troughton and Pertwee. That huge contrast is why they are so fun to watch together.

>2 and 11
>5 and 8
I said different.

Uh, yeah, I know...

Those are both pretty similar pairs. Matt's performance of the 11th Doctor was consciously inspired by Troughton.

That guy was clearly trolling, you should no better than to respond.

If that was trolling then it was pretty mild.

WE

ON AN ULTRALIGHT BEAM

ARE THE CRYSTAL

Chronological user here,

Just finished Festival of Death, loved it, Shada was great as well.

I'll be tackling Season 5 of the 4DA's tomorrow, which is the first time i've caught up to BF and passed them for an ongoing series..

>Bill Oddie

I know Graeme Garden has been in a couple of BF's but has Tim Brooke Taylor ever featured in a Who audio?
GoodieGoodieYumYum

Yeah he was in The Zygon Who Fell To Earth, meaning the trio have all worked with Big Finish, although not together.

Plus Pertwee and Troughton both showed up on the Goodies; maybe there's an exchange program.

youtube.com/watch?v=5YvRitl8fA4

(Vaguely related: a man in Scotland once died from laughing too hard at the "Ecky-Thump" episode)

You browsing the wiki too?
I was just reading through the guest stars list looking for anyone notable. The one with Pert is up in full on youtube, watching it now.

You really can't do a direct meeting between the Doctor and the Daleks anymore. Their continuing struggle has been hyped up for so long that a proper clash can only disappoint, which is why the Daleks have seemed weak in the last couple of years.
It's really hard to do actually.

Technically Jem takes place in the Doctor Who universe, so that's pretty cool.

>wiki
Didn't know there was one actually, that's cool.
I've only seen Baddies and the fatal sausage one, now saving Wacky Wales for a comfy watch later.

What about something with Dalek mutants out of their casings?

It made for a pretty intense scene in Resurrection of the Daleks.

Yeah, they also did something similar in Remembrance, but the scene in Resurrection was excellent

RIP /who/

I'd start by having a complete absence of daleks for 3 - 5 years before the episode.

There are several problems I feel like I need to fix
>Daleks right now are too powerful. The action involving them are usually as exciting as massacre in hospice.
>Daleks are running contrary to ethos of Doctor Who. Doctor is a scholar and negotiator with pacifistic leaning. Daleks do not negotiate and there's no mystery to it, so Doctor can't really defeat them without an asspull

I think Dalek and Into the Dalek made decent model of interesting things you can do with Daleks and they should build on this.

mfw someone says heaven sent isn't kino

Nice rare Peter. Stealing it.

speaking of kino

Five and Twelve?

>2 & 11
>different

Davison and Colin?
Pertwee and McCoy?
Hartnell and McGann?

>not rayban wayfarers
casual

>tfw rayban wayfarers cost $200

>tfw you have the same cross eyebrows as Peter

There is no face. So what you mean is it's so expensive that you'd rather have no face to wear them?

GODDAMNIT CUTOUT user WHERE ARE YOU?

maybe if post pic related it will draw attention to my post.

check this out, cutout user:

samurai samurai samurai buyer

What does this have to do with /who/?

He has autism. Don't pay attention.

>joe haldeman

someone has good taste

Hey, Faction Paradox fans, what's your favorite moment from those voodoo motherfuckers?

Mine was when Lolita ate the Eleven-Day Empire.

>when I scroll to the end of a boring ass thread and find a Faction Paradox comment waiting for me
Thank the spirits! The Faction's appearance(s) in Unnatural History is definitely one of my faves, just cuz how cool they're portrayed (even though I know it goes against Larry's vision). Unfortunately the FPU books I've read so far (Warlords of Utopia, Dead Romance, Erasing Sherlock, working on This Town and Brakespeare) don't actually feature the Faction (or do they?) but from the audios I think it's impossible not to love the battle between Justine and Shuncucker. Or the whole character of Godfather Morlock. Just such rich and amazing world building.

twitter.com/PhilSandifer/status/761262004388724736
Are we ridiculously cynical and nasty mainly?

>Are we ridiculously cynical and nasty mainly?
Yeah.

>implying anyone here doesn't

>There's a terrible anti-PC joke in the first season. Skipping the show might be a good idea.

I'm not manly at all.

Unnatural History was my introduction to the Faction. It was awesome

Warlords of Utopia really has the Faction, it's just not the focus.
If you want a really Faction-focused book like the audios, read Warring States.

>Warlords of Utopia really has the Faction, it's just not the focus.
but where tho? I know a Cwejen and a sphinx both show up, but I didn't notice any Faction-related stuff beyond what you'd get from reading Dead Romance

>(even though I know it goes against Larry's vision)
Larry talks much nonsense. I'm absolutely certain that The Book of the War was directly inspired by The Book of Lies featured in Unnatural History.

The ending of Words from Nine Divinities.

Exactly what you would expect from someone who calls himself "feminist neo-punk writer" and has this as his background pic.

More likely Marc Platt's idea of Ancient Gallifrey's book of Future Prophecy which the Pythias used to create a huge empire.
I may have got the name of the book wrong, I can't check at the moment.

The worst part is I can't tell if that tweet is meant to be a joke or serious

Pretty sure it's this.
tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Book_of_Future_Legends

Why did Gareth block you

Not me.
twitter.com/AndrozaniCritic

Yup that's it thanks

He blocked me because I made a comment about the fact he won't be writing for doctor who again

Welcome to the club!

Kinda don't think so, seeing as the description of the Book of Lies doesn't resemble the Book of the War at all. The only resemblance is the title, in which case we'd might as well mention Simon Butcher-Jones' upcoming Book of the Enemy (get hype)
Reminder that the Book of Lies is in the library on Dellah. There are so many connections between the Bernice Summerfield and Faction Paradox ranges: all of Dead Romance, Cwejen in Diogenes Damsel, the fucking ruins of Gallifrey in Deadfall ... the list goes on

Should I read Cat's Cradle etc? I've heard it's shit but it sounds kinda valuable yknow