/blackmetal/

What did you think of the new Nokturnal Mortum? The new Havukruunu? What else are you looking forward to this year?

Is black metal increasing in cultural relevance? Is this good for the genre?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2AvXFRa3OUs
youtube.com/watch?v=acEvUZK1gHc
youtube.com/watch?v=h1lf8lKgc9s
youtube.com/watch?v=VqUGlHN5KMQ
youtube.com/watch?v=4rdcZHi_jns
youtube.com/watch?v=a6OIy0b1XOg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

All black metal sounds the same

Is the new Nokturnal Mortum album out? I saw they released a new single but I didn't listen. I've been listening to Goat Horns a lot though.
You are dumb.

No, you are.

yes, it's on trackers so it should be on soulseek etc. sounds like they tried to make another Golos Stali but couldn't come up with nearly as many memorable riffs. vocals are on point as always though.

If it's anything like Golos Stali then it's probably a great album. I haven't been paying attention to much black metal this year though, so I'm excited to listen.

What are some of your Black Metal AOTY?

I'm bored give me something to listen too

What are some of your favorite black metal albums? or are you new to the genre?

Haven't heard new Nokturnal Mortum, kinda feel like it's gonna be shitty tho.

Hew Havukruunu was really disappointing, their last album was so good, this felt really generic.

Not him but my black metal aoty is Ungfell's album.

Also why the hell do people go gaga over later Satanic Warmaster, their early stuff is their best material.

youtube.com/watch?v=2AvXFRa3OUs
easily their best album.

not him but I'd appreciate recs. somewhat new to the genre, mostly liked gorgoroth's "under the sign of hell", "opus nocturne" by marduk and "haeresis" by noctem

Listen to Horna's double album.

Fuck yeah, I love Akitsa.

Very underrated Black Metal band.

i haven't been keeping up with new shit at all. thought the Sinmara / Misþyrming split was great though.

listen to Akitsa - Goetie (OP image) if you haven't already. it's kvlt as fuck but still unique, kinda post punky in parts

wow i've been listening pretty regularly for 3 years and never heard any of those. nevertheless try

Negura Bunget - Om
Craft - Fuck the Universe
Katharsis - VVorldVVithoutEnd
Fleurety - Min tid skal komme
Paysage D'Hiver - Das Tor

those should paint a decent picture of the possibilities of the genre

yes mate.

thanks a lot, will be digging into these once I've finished the new havukruunu

>xDDDDDDDDDDD

Very cool band, surprised they're from Quebec.

Any other black metal that's almost like drone?

what are some black metal albums with bass heavy percussion like in pic related

There's certainly doom elements in a lot of extraordinary bm. Rain Upon The Impure by The Ruins is my fav

> new Nokturnal Mortum
loved it. I dug Voice of Steel but thought it was kinda cheesy at times and Verity is a bit less goofy

> new Havukruunu
the R I F F S holy shit

I dig Akitsa but saw them live and they're fucking awful. Quite boring and they messed up multiple times

pic related

What are some essential releases I've missed out on this year?
I've mostly been digging through bands I overlooked for the past 10 years or so

Havukruunu and Nokturnal Mortum as OP mentioned

pic related is awesome Venom worship

also peep White Death, Nightbringer, Bestia Arcana, Black Cilice, and Weregoat

Will check them out, thanks!

>Craft - Fuck the Universe
Good taste my man, I rarely hear about that album. How come you haven't heard of any of the bands that guy mentioned though?

youtube.com/watch?v=acEvUZK1gHc
Good blackened death

Can you recommend me some albums like Aosoth - IV?

I've been waiting over a month for this guy in france to give me the shipping cost on Peste Noire - Peste Noire on Discogs and it's making me anxty, one of the only Peste Noires I don't own.

But hey I'm feeling some Satyricon maybe or maybe Khors or Temnozor, stuff to play Oblivion to before I start summer classes

Anyone here listen to Sportlov?
Swedish black metal with a winter holiday theme, the songs are about throwing snowballs, skiing, after ski and other winter activities. So, obviously humoristic but at the same time really good fucking black metal, highly recommended.

youtube.com/watch?v=h1lf8lKgc9s

youtube.com/watch?v=VqUGlHN5KMQ

The lyrics are fucking amazing if you know the language too

I claim my black(ebony) metal waifu

youtube.com/watch?v=4rdcZHi_jns

Why is she so cute lads?

Is Graveland the most consistent black metal band? Every album is at least a 7/10 or above.

>new Nokturnal Mortum
still need to listen to it tbqh
>The new Havukruunu?
black metal aoty so far

cheers

Paysage d'Hiver and Darkspace are the obvious picks. I would add Trist - Hin-Fort, Lunar Aurora, Walknut, Midnight Odyssey

ha, i would more or less expect that from Akitsa. their music doesn't exactly suggest that they have their shit together.

I love the guitar tones on Yodh.

yeah idk why it isn't super popular, shit rips and sounds pretty appealing by BM standards. and i think i just absorbed opinions from somewhere that those bands were boring. bad reason i know

The early demos are hit and miss but I've never not enjoyed a Graveland full length

/blackmeta/ was a mistake

it sure was
now go back to /metal/

more deat doom than drone

Black Cilice, Moenen of Xezbeth, Perverted Ceremony, Ultima Thule

What the opinion on Celtic Frost?

Pretty good desu

Really like Obscured, and Monotheist overall is amazing

Check out Warrior's other project, Triptykon

HELLHAMMER

Talking about Obscured, recently got into Obscure Sphinx (not sure if they belong in the black metal category) Void Mother is great

recc me some bands similar to damaar boys

Things that put you off when trying a new band/album. I'll start:
>synth in the foreground
>the blast beat never comes

>can't distinguish them from the other bands of the same genre
>band member in the cover

I guess this mainly applies to DSBM.

Bölzer has said they are working on follow-up material to Hero "short, fast, and aggressive" I guess to get (((kvltfags))) off their backs
>implying that will ever happen

Anyways, that's about all I'm looking forward to. One of very very few black metal bands that is doing something that I genuinely can't say makes me think of anything else in particular -Influences and nuances aside.

>album cover isn't white and black

What's your point, ripe albums have been more colors than my balls since the dawn of black metal

That's a shit album though

The new Nargaroth album is pretty good

Fine, here's one of my top 10 bm

But they are shit too. They try to be like Peste Noire, when Peste Noire is much more talented and creative

I love Peste Noire, but Baise ma Hache has a larger sound than them, not saying one is better than the other, but it's like Baise ma Hache is music about the army while Peste Noire is music about the soldier

I was just trolling, Baise ma Hache are great

HEY

Monotheist was the only album I liked, the other stuff was great to, but not my thing

youtube.com/watch?v=a6OIy0b1XOg
prob my favorite BM release of the year. Like a less experimental Peste Noire, but still interesting.

Any noisened black metal out there like Aluk Todolo? Specifically on Descension.

Anything else like Vlad Tepes or Belketre?

Mutilation and early peste noire maybe?