>memes
memes

not to impressive desu
thats less than 1 song every 10 days and mac demarco makes 1 song a day

No but his fanbase is/was

>memes
>memes
memes

This dude was writing one cantata every week, cantatas so good that are still studied thoroughly by every conservatory student in the world

Mac Demarco just finds 5 nice sounding chords, write some shit about his life and call it a song.

Not everyone who's good at something is fucking autistic.

When you've got rich fuckers of nobility paying your bills, you get the luxury of sitting around writing and studying music all day.

Yeah but at the same time he re-used a lot of thematic material. I don't blame the guy though, if I had to write a cantata a week I would do the same.

Cantatas are not just 3-4 minute songs, they are 20-25 minute long multi-movement works.

Most of us are NEETs, meaning that we have virtually unlimited free time, yet there is no Bach on Sup Forums.

Studying is not easy, and he did not just ''study'' music but he also advanced it by creating the tuning system we use to this day.

Name one diagnosed autistic person that made good music

Bach made pieces that showcase equal temperament, he did not create equal temperament

He formalized it and made it a standard in classical music

math.uwaterloo.ca/~mrubinst/tuning/tuning.html
You're right in the sense that it helped popularize well temperament but, I did not know this, well temperament and equal temperament are two different things. We do not use well temperament any more.

Not that user, but iirc well temperament is still used for keyboard instruments (which is why it's a drag to hear piano concertos if you've got perfect pitch)

I believe equal temperament is used for keyboards, but wind instruments tend to get sharper the more you play so there's no way that an entire orchestra can tune to a piano, especially when the piano is moving a million notes per second

David Byrne
Probably Britt Walford but he hasn't said anything about it

N he had 20 children

Byrne is actually not a sperg. He said it because of his obsessive behavior as a child that he grew out of. Also he's never been diagnosed. The only famous musicians I know who were diagnosed were Susan Boyle and Courtney Love. But I'm not particularly a fan either even though I respect Boyle.

Gary Numan

all of these posts are me, btw

I do.

All the really good composers lived before it was an official diagnosis though.

>to

he also held a high teaching position and had 2 wives and 20 kids. He was a very busy man

mac demarco has never made anything at Bach's level. Nor have any modern popular artists.

Bach was alpha as fuck

>there is no bach on Sup Forums

Because you're shitposting on Sup Forums

>comparing a song with a Bach composition like an 3+ hour oratiorio or a 30 minute cantata

Except that every cantata is 25+/- minutes long. Also vastly more complex than any pop song that plays 4 chords over and over again with a single melody on top of it.