>finally getting a live-action Pokemon movie
>its adapting Detective Pikachu
>no Ash, Misty, Brock, etc...

Why would they do this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1cR4ADXBkII
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

that bitche's tits are way too big

Max Landis's pitch sounded pretty cool. They went with this shit instead.

This is what my misty and ash would look like

>tits to big
Low test

Anyway detective pikachu is hilarious if they keep his manly voice

>Ash
>Chink
Fuck off weaboo.

Detective Pikachu simply works better as a kids movie pitch, but I'd like to think that they went with it to try and have a more balanced showing of Pokemon instead of gen 1 only again.

Will Kiefer Sutherland voice Pikachu?

Damn just read his pitch.

>includes characters named Red and Blue as well as references to Team Rocket, Landis’ film would have undoubtedly been filled with nods to classic Pokemon properties like the Red and Blue games and the ’90s animated series Pokemon: Indigo League that introduced many fans to Ash Ketchum and his Pikachu

This is pretty much what I want

I hope its Danny DeVito

youtube.com/watch?v=1cR4ADXBkII

He's pretty hated here, but he's a good writer.

It shames me knowing there are humans this stupid.

But user, Pokemon is japanese. Why would they make all the characters white?

the idea was that you wouldn't see a pikachu until the climactic battle of the film, where Red (the protagonist, and his mom was probably Jessie of TR) challenges the champion Pokemon master and out turns out to be Ash.

Sure, the original creators are Japanese. But neither "Ash" nor "Ketchum" are Mongoloid names. Ash has black hair so it's hard to tell with the art style but since his mom is obviously white, he's almost certainly Caucasoid as are most other characters from the show (Misty has red hair, Brock has squinty eyes but he's probably just tanned white). Blackwashing, or in this case yellow-washing, white characters is a recent SJW fad.

>but he's a good writer.

Then why do all of his movies suck balls?

Nigger who is Ash, that's Satoshi

Because he doesn't work in television where the writer is king, he toils in film because of his daddy issues.

>real writers work in tv

Don't they have jappo names in the original JP release

In the west, it's Ash. If they filmed in Japan they can go ahead and cast a slant but if they show it here then they need to recast or it's blackwashing.

Irrelevant.

Your bait is losing quality.

So if it's filmed in an asian country cast an asian but if it's filmed in america cast a white despite there being more mexicans here than whites
Get your selective white washing out if here honky

Ash has to be half Jap at least. Look at the stark contrast. I agree with you though in A LOT of animes all the characters look fucking white with pale skin, red/blond/etc hair yadda yadda and it pains me when weebs' jaws drop in disgust when pointed out.

Anime characters also have blue green and purple hair, they do that since all their faces look the same and need to differentiate the characters

I can hear him now. I want this to be a reality. He'll bring more life to the character that the original va ever would have.

Keep dreaming

I want to fuck her.

that doesn't explain why they're white though

Will it have the scene when someone sticks a Magikarp up their ass and evolve it into Gyarados?

Pale is considered more attractive, just like fucked up teeth are considered cute to them

Brock was fucking sick

>wanting a live-action version of the anime

NO

>A LOT of animes all the characters look fucking white with pale skin, red/blond/etc hair
While being set in contemporary Japan too, not some fantasy setting. Hilarious stuff.

Name one single time a live-action adaptation of an anime has been bad. That's right you can't because they're always great.

Death Note

Anime characters do not look white.

I've heard all the arguments many times and they largely boil down to the characters having hair and eye colors that Japanese people don't have, an argument that falls apart when you consider that 1) a Japanese person would never pass for white just by altering their hair and eye color (conversely, a white person wouldn't pass for Japanese by having black hair and brown eyes), and 2) many anime characters have hair and eye colors that don't exist naturally.

The other popular argument is that if the characters don't look Japanese then they somehow have to default to being white, which is logically false.

They how come when they want to show an actually Asian character they are drawn with slanty eyes?

Weebs just need to face the truth that while they're trying to be Japaneese, Japaneese are striving to be white.

Anime has many different ways of representing characters. White characters often look indistinguishable from the Japanese characters, and sometimes they have exaggerated features. Sometimes both instances are seen in the same show. Non-Japanese Asian characters may be the same, and the fact that a non-Japanese Asian character is drawn with exaggerated features does not somehow mean that the other characters are white. That does not logically make any sense.

>Japaneese are striving to be white
This is projection.

dumb Sup Forums poster