How are you holding up Sup Forums...

How are you holding up Sup Forums? I personally am not doing all that great but i've had a few drinks and am watching comfy things so I can be able to get out of bed tomorrow. How do people deal with depression in your country?

terrible these last few days haven't been reallly good

fucking awful

>How do people deal with depression in your country?
I guess most people go undiagnosed, others use therapy and medication. I wish there wasn't any stigma

What things do you watch exactly

Comfy mangos, I should have wrote reading. Tomo-chan wa onnanoko is really enjoyable.

>go undiagnosed
I don't think getting depression "diagnosed" is all that common. If you really are depressed you know it yourself and then you just deal with the matter in the best way you see. I really don't see what I would gain from telling some stranger my woes and hear the answers i've been telling myself for the better part of a decade now.

I can only sleep for a couple of hours every day, my back hurts really bad because of scoliosis, which causes some nerve pinching that makes my arms go numb periodically. I have constant headaches, I ran out of psych meds with no money, I can't lay down and relax and be comfortable because of anxiety, and browsing the internet gives me headache and nausea because I'm sleep deprived.

its ok though, im sure tomorrow will be better

I'm waiting for a person that owes me the equivalent of some 500 dollars to return my money so I can suicide. I intend to enjoy my last days of life with that money, and then jump. It's already been decided.

>Tomo-chan
Literally the only 4 panel comic I ever read.

Why is everyone on this board so suicidal?

Drop some acid, it's worth it.

Also shrooms.

I mean everyone is fairly miserable and from misery it ain't that much of a leap to being suicidal. Also the gap between toying with the idea and being actually serious about is fairly massive. In my opinion it is easier to accept life as awful and then trying to make it a little better/more bearable.

>accept life as awful

But life is great ...

It's not for everyone you know. I can appreciate the good in life too. I have travelled a bit and seeing a new country is neat, then there are the everyday joys like having something nice to eat or drink, having nice weather, consuming entertainment media of your choice etc. Even so everyday life is harsh and the people you meet are spiteful. Also life in general is pretty unforgiving.

I hope you manage to get some decent rest user. Do you have any brace that could maybe make the pains of scoliosis more bearable?

Yeah but most of the people here are like /r9k/-tier """depressed""" where they don't care about actually fixing anything.

I almost feel like we have had this same conversation atleast over 6 months ago. Either all you leafs are the same or it was you. Making your life better is hard, also there is no guarantee of success. Actually the worse your situation becomes the harder and less likely it is that you will succeed in making it better. Failure will make you even more miserable so I can see why people would want to avoid that. It really is just a risk/reward question.

I always thought braces are for faggots and I could hold my posture on my own with SHEER POWER OF WILL

But turns out I can't so I'm considering it.

>Making your life better is hard
No one said life was easy. The things most worth doing are the hardest ones.
>, also there is no guarantee of success.
There's no guarantee of anything period. What kind of bullshit is this?

> Actually the worse your situation becomes the harder and less likely it is that you will succeed in making it better.

The worse your situation is the easier it is to improve though... If you're a lazy useless NEET then even just going to the gym sometimes and working a bottom of the barrel job is a massive improvement.

Compared to a successful business owner or advanced athlete for whom a 10% increase in a year is simply not realistically attainable.

>It really is just a risk/reward question.

What's the risk/reward of not doing anything?
If you do nothing then you never have any chance of improving at all. If you try you can at least learn from your mistakes and make some progress in the worst case scenario. Your 24 hours a day will be used up all the same so why not maximize them instead of crying?

Anything that makes life more comfy is worth it in my opinion.

Due to the nature of mental illness, there is a point at which an individual loses control of his own behaviour to the point where only outside intervention could help him.
Support from family, that is. I wouldn't expect much help from government institutions in most countries.

So, "just try harder bro" is not a valid solution for mental illness, those people are fucked in the heda. If you want to help a mentally ill person (including yourself) do so by convincing their relatives to start giving a shit.

I think that's in a limited number of cases though. people seem to be too quick to jump the gun and say "welp guess I'm mentally ill it's out of my control", it's an easy way to absolve oneself of any responsibility.

>Relatives
you need to take the initiative though. It's like with drug addiction, doesn't matter how many times your parents try to have an intervention you need to make the choice to recognize you have a problem then work on a plan and put that plan into action. Family can help but only help.

>What's the risk/reward of not doing anything?
Not making the situation worse. I am almost certain now that I have had this conversation with you before. You have no intention of looking at this matter from anyone elses point of view. You also seem to assume people have not even tried, in reality most of them have tried and failed. Is that a reason to quit trying forever? No it's not, but if you feel that you have had just about as much as you can take and don't want to risk the situation getting worse I can understand why someone would stop trying. I myself am currently trying to better my life, I really have only 1 good outcome and the others are varying degrees of bad/unwanted but that's just how it is. I am fairly certain I can manage whatever the outcome will be and i'll do my best (it's been a while since I have put any "real" effort into anything come to think of it) to reach the most preferable one. I still can sympathize with those who have decided to stop banging their head on the wall of failure.

>Not making the situation worse.

??? How the fuck can you make it worse?

if you're unemployed how can you possibly make it worse by applying to dozens of openings a week until you get a job?

>but if you feel that you have had just about as much as you can take and don't want to risk the situation getting worse I can understand why someone would stop trying

And then what's the plan? You stopped trying, what's the plan from then onward? You can't just run from your problems for your whole life and "stop trying", you'll eventually need to face them and it will only get harder. it's just retarded.

>I still can sympathize with those who have decided to stop banging their head on the wall of failure.
Yeah that's life. Maybe they should try analyzing why they failed and how to change the outcome next time.

Further, why even make /r9k/ threads about it? It's every /r9k/ thread I've seen. They ask a question and then no matter what advice you give them they will make some sort of excuse.

>??? How the fuck can you make it worse?
Are you seriously asking this? The humiliation of failure for instance. After a while it starts to get to you ya know?
>And then what's the plan? You stopped trying, what's the plan from then onward? You can't just run from your problems for your whole life and "stop trying", you'll eventually need to face them and it will only get harder. it's just retarded.
You got all fired up and didn't even bother to read my reply to the end (or was this directed at me or at people who give up in general?), I hope you don't think of yourself as someone who tries to help people.
>Further, why even make /r9k/ threads about it?
People who feel frustrated/depressed or whatever sometimes need an outlet to vent a little. What is so hard to understand about it?
>They ask a question and then no matter what advice you give them they will make some sort of excuse.
They more often than not do not ask any questions. And if the answers are something like "just try" or the all time classic "just be yourself" of course they will ignore them, after all you are ignoring them when giving those generic answers. I am not arguing that giving up on life is a good thing, I am arguing that it can be understandable.

>Are you seriously asking this? The humiliation of failure for instance. After a while it starts to get to you ya know?

Yeah that's called life. You do something, fuck up, learn from it and then you do it better next time and you learn.

>They more often than not do not ask any questions. And if the answers are something like "just try" or the all time classic "just be yourself" of course they will ignore them, after all you are ignoring them when giving those generic answers. I am not arguing that giving up on life is a good thing, I am arguing that it can be understandable.

No. They just post pessimistic shit like ">TFW you will never ...". Sometimes people complain about not being able to find a job, so numerous times I've said "Okay post your resume with redacted personal information and I'll spend some time taking a look at it and help you fix things up". More often than not they just leave the thread or ignore my post in favor of posting more "TFW NEET" instead.

Or better yet when you give them any sort of advice they just call you a normie.

>I hope you don't think of yourself as someone who tries to help people.

Yeah I don't try to help people anymore unless they specifically ask me something directly, and even then I just usually say some feelgood shit they want to hear. It literally NEVER works out. See: Any /r9k/ thread on any board ever, 9.5/10 times the person will make an excuse no matter the advice you give them. The worst part is that it's happening to every board on Sup Forums, can't stand this place now when it's just an /r9k/ circlejerk on every board.

do you guys think that if mommy knew just how close I am to killing myself, she's stop being so mean and bitchy to me every day?

Yeah she'll buy her big boy his favorite tendies

she bitched at me for eating all the food when I'm hungry

How old are you? Why don't you buy your own fucking food

I don't have any money

Why don't you work?

They didn't take me

No matter how mean and annoying she is towards you. Deepest down she still loves you and only wishes you the best. She just expresses it in a way that hurts you. Have a conversation about it with her, it might help or not, but it is always worth a try.