How do I convince my GF to go to the dentist without being rude?

How do I convince my GF to go to the dentist without being rude?

The thing is, she is really stubborn, and had a shitty dentist that tortured her when she was young, and now is afraid of dentists like fuck.
She's absoulutely hygienic anyways, also washes her teeth twice a day, but a little bit of tartar (like pic related, not that redneck stuff) started to appear, and if I mention it, she goes crazy, like leave her alone. But I kinda grossed about it, and dont want her to have shitty teeth later.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/VgCrVdnUgv4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If you practice reasonable dental hygiene and go to the dentist when you've got something in there that hurts like a bitch, you will be fine. You don't actually NEED regular cleanings or any of the other shit they do.

People only get awful teeth because they have horrible teeth staining habits or they don't do ANY hygiene, or they can't go due to costs when they really obviously need to go.

.. you're retarded

you go to the dentist to get plaque pulled off your teeth. the plaque causes tooth decay and fucked up your enamel.

a "cleaning" doesn't mean they go in a spruce shit up. it means they take off the barnacle like growths that cause further issues in teeth, and identify any other existing issues.

if your teeth or gums are already hurting its too late for preventative care.

i was also tortured by a sadistic German dentist when i was a kid, and i had the tooth fear as your gf does.

a few months ago tooth pain drove me to the local community clinic where a tiny Indonesian woman with a perfect Aussie accent smiled a lot, talked me through what was going to happen, and then scraped the fuck out of my teeth with a motherfucking drill, just like the Nazi had. but it didn't hurt as much because she was as cute as fuck and above all SYMPATHETIC.

dentists these days tend to follow the sympathy thing, because more people come back.

.. this is your fault though

if they have to use the water tool its because it will take too long to use regular cleaning tool.

if you go back every 6mo-1year its like a 15 minutes process or less and they dont have to use the ultrasonic.

yeah, it's totally my fault that i'm unemployed and i can't afford a professional dentist and i have to wait on the community dentistry list for two years before they'll see me.

i should buy a dremel and do it myself, right? Aleister Crowley filed his teeth down to points, and it worked out for him, right?

> no, it didn't

yea.. that shit is actually all your fault..

just because you hold your breath and stomp your feet when you get mad doesn't mean taking care of yourself is not your personal responsibility.

>do they owe us a living

NO faggot, even in yerup capitalism is king, and you are responsibile for your personal health.

There are "trauma dentists" that specialize in dental work for ppl that have a dentist phobia. Google one in your area and go with her to the appointment.

whoa there, are you saying that putting any sort of effort at all to make your situation better than what it currently is might be effective?

how are we going to blame everyone else for our faults then?

this. went to dentist last week, everything fine, next appointment in a year

If you tell your dentist that you have a fear of dentists and you want gas for everything, they'll likely be willing to accommodate you. My father gets stoned no matter what they do.

>if your teeth or gums are already hurting its too late for preventative care.
wrong

Are you jewish lol

you are only expected to go to the dentist every 6mo to year. thats how the dentist works. you show up, they clean the plaque, you leave and show up again in a year, they call this preventative care

the person you are linking to is making it seem like unless you are in pain the dentist is not needed.

I had to tell them about my anxiety and they prescribed Valium for my appointments.

I gotta go to the dentist tomorrow /b
One of my gums is receding and I'm fuckin shitting myself. I haven't been to the dentist in like 10 years. I always look after my teeth well but I fuckin hate dentists

nigger this is not an argument. my wife has been a hygenist for 8 years and her dad is a dentist.

you can have all the opinions you want on the situation.

I am attempting to give advice to op, as an adult, the simple truth to the situation.

>but i read that flossing does nothing and that unless you have X, Y, and Z you dont need preventative car.

Getting your teeth cleaned is akin to changing the oil in your car, not getting it fucking buffed after it gets washed.

The only pain you'll experience with a good dentist-

The initial injections 90% of the time.

Just ask them for some extra numbing gel to rub in your mouth and area of injection. Ask them for some extra time for it to kick in.

A good dentist or doctor does the injections slowly and nurturingly. I had shots that I didn't even feel. Then I had retarded military dentists who fucking rammed it in and it hurt like a motherfucker.

It just depends on the dentist. I suggest going for females since they're more sympathetic.

Also if your teeth suck, try to get them to put some cloth or something around your teeth, so the air / water wont cause pain on them.

Dentistry has come a long way. The pain you'll experience is greatly reduced compared even to a decade ago.

Tell your GF that it'll be ok.

The real pain is the costs.

your gums are receeding because you probably have periodontal disease, which means the plaque has sat between your gums and tooth for too long and killed the living tissue on your teeth.

you have to floss daily to keep the gums healthy, brush twice a day or after eating things especially sugary or acidic, and get them cleaned by a hygenist regularly.

Basically not needed, yeah. I mean, i admit, if you go to a dentist for cleanings every half year, your teeth will be clean-ER, and they'll notice problems ahead of time and prolong when they have to fix something up.

But if you don't, the reduction in cleanliness and the time to need to fix something is not drastically reduced.

The notion that if you don't regularly go to the dentist that all your teeth are gonna fall out or go to shit is a notion... that the dentist makes a lot more money from.

Dentist here, that a absolutely not true. By the time you're feeling pain it's already too late most of the time. That means it's gotten all the way to the nerve and you're gonna need an expensive ass root canal. Cleanings are important for protecting against periodontal disease and to get debris from places you can't reach. Exams also look for problems when they're in their infancy and are easy to solve.

That IS your fault

your the one who's retarded

Patient here. Bullshit. Not every goddamn tooth ache resulted in a tooth canal. Obviously. Probably EVERYONE in here knows that.

Make less obvious lies.

youtu.be/VgCrVdnUgv4

you're confused and in the long run you will end up paying for it.

I am not saying you must follow the routine of the 6 month schedule of getting your teeth cleaned.

I am telling you that a cleaning is not like you are dusting your shelves.

I am telling you, depending on diet, your teeth need to be fucking scaled, as it you have plaque that is eating the enamel off of your teeth. which causes permanent damage.

If you do not get that shit taken off regularly (be it bi yearly, yearly or every 18 months) that shit will premenantly destroy your teeth.

whether or not you agree with that doesn't matter.

whether you think its a dental conspiracy (this is hygenist work, not the dentist he only does the inspection for cavities and gum recession) does not change that this is happening or not.

you dont just get to will your teeth to good health

dental health is not a passive thing retard.

Punch her in the face and knock out all the front teeth. She will go.

I don't think it's a dentist "conspiracy" dude. It's just that it behooves dentists to make you think that taking PERFECT care of your teeth is absolutely essential to making sure "your teeth aren't permanently destroyed".

Every business that sells a product oversells how important that product is. Doesn't make the product worthless, just makes it more likely it isn't QUITE as important as they say it is.

I floss, chew gum after eating/drinking. Brush twice a day most of the time. I think my receding gum (just the one under my middle bottom tooth) was caused from being a bit to rough and over brushing mainly. Got a soft toothbrush last year and it's a lot better. Also Ausfag here so nothing medical is really that expensive, I'm just terrified of dentist due to a lot of mishaps growing up...like waking up under general anesthetic while super numery teeth were being cut out, anesthetic wearing off while a tooth was pulled, and a chunk of gum being pulled off with my tooth as it came out...

>not every
Did I not say most? See this is why you're the retarded patient and not the doctor. It's okay though I'm sure you know way better than me, have fun losing your teeth at 50, or younger.

>most

And you're wrong there too.

SOMETIMES. Rarely. A severe pain indicates the need for a root canal.

Most of the time it just means a cavity.

My grandpa got all his teeth pulled out when he was in his 20s and had dentures made up. "Teeth cause you nothin but trouble mate, better to fuck em off early rather than put up with their bullshit for the rest of your life"
Ironically he had the same stance towards niggers

>when you've got something in there that hurts like a bitch
Yeah That's definitely not the same thing as "severe pain" :^)
You can't even remember what you yourself wrote you stupid nigger.

So hurts like a bitch means root canal level pain to you, and not like... every tooth ache?

Dentist here.

The whole "shitty dentist that tortured" pissed me off.

When you're a kid, everything is blown out of proportion. It's normal you're a fucking kid. I treat 5 yrs old that can handle it correctly and I have the same 7-8yrs old that a fucking pussy that thinks im piercing their brains with the needle. I do the same procedure to both of them.

Your GF should man the fuck up and stop thinking about her past experiences because it's nothing like she thinks it is. She was a kid, probably not prepared to be out of her confort zone.

FFS.

Okay now you're grasping for straws. Yes, most people would classify "hurts like a bitch" as "severe pain". You have stupid advice, and I corrected you just like a couple other not retarded anons in this thread. Adults admit when they don't know what the fuck they're talking about buddy, it's okay.

Hey... she washes her teeth, guys... twice a day even

"Man the fuck up", good strategy dude. Will certainly work better than the gentle suggestion that gets immediate hard rejection.

HEY OP, TRY TELLING HER THAT THEY'LL LET HER GET COMPLETELY STONED ON NITROUS.

To correct me, you'd have to be correct. Any moron can say the opposite to something someone else said and claim they're correcting them.

OP's GF is probably and overweight entitled bitch that won't face up life's challenges. If that can even count as a challenge...

Root canals don't hurt dude. They fucking dig a canal in the root of your tooth and scrape out the nerve. It literally feels like nothing. I've had 4. Fillings are worse, and they put me to sleep.

Okay, you're just sticking your head in the sand at this point. I told you why you're wrong and to weasel out of it you tried picking apart my sentence, which you also failed at.

I get the sense that there might be some personal differences here. Like i've heard that recovery from wisdom tooth removal is quite painful for most people. But me and my father apparently have some kind of difference where it just didn't. We now have a reasonable back up supply of vicodin that is probably very past its expiration date.

Well, maybe but how can something hurt you if the thing that tells you that you're hurt is gone.

For what it's worth, I had my wisdom teeth out and it sucked super bad so I get where you're coming from.

But the nerves!

Dude, i'm not "picking apart your sentence", i'm saying that you haven't proved you are correct by merely making an assertion.

And it doesn't matter whether you convince me, or i convince you, just whether i convince op, or you convince op.

i feel like youre like the dentist i had as a kid that let me pull my own tooth after being numbed that was awesome

If you've got a broken finger, and i cut off your hand, perhaps you're no longer feeling the broken finger, but there is a stump that has something to complain about.

Dude she's a just a gf, not your wife, I'm sure she'll break your heat and leave your ass for a cock with more girth long before her teeth rot

Maybe, but that is not the same.

The same would be if I cut off your finger and then opened up your skull and drilled out the part of your brain that thinks about fingers hurting.

Cock mongering nigger, this is Sup Forums, not /adv/, tits or gtfo, cuck faggot

This isn't Sup Forums, you are Sup Forums. How's real life treating you, shit for brains?

How fucking retarded are you? Read the fucking rules, nigger

>The thing is, she is really stubborn,
>I mention it, she goes crazy

Dump her sounds like a pain in the ass.

send her to an expert. i had the same experience. dentists are the worst fucking experience in my life.
My dentist now is expencive but he puts me into sleep before shit gets done.

Plot twist:
>OP GF will leave OP once she fixes her teeth.
>Then OP will find another GF with crooked teeth.